New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #3,242 of 3,659 Rome B&B and Inns
firenze
“excellent b/b”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2010

very nice bed and breakfast! good location, metro is very close. nice rooms, very quiet. unlike many other hostels it's small and personal. and a very good price!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2009

The instructions that were given to find this Bed & Breakfast were extremely unhelpful. Not even the locals could find it and many other guests there agreed that they wasted a lot of time trying to locate the Prince Bed & Breakfast. While carrying everything I owned, I was wiped out-in pain- by the time I got in. (I was lucky that someone who lived in that apartment building let me in) When we called the manager, no one came down to help me with my things or show me the way. I was first placed in the wrong room and after this was corrected, I discovered that although the room looked made, the trays in the shower were not clean, sheets had crumbs and hair and the shower drain was clogged so when I showered, water filled the entire room up to the entry door. The internet was in Chinese. That night and every night to follow, the couple's son would come and yell as loud as his sweet lungs would allow. They basically had playtime right outside my door. I was upset, hungry and tired but this was my vacation and it was too late to change accommodations given I could only afford to visit Rome for 3 days. So I tried to start over the next morning. I let the host know about the water and she huffed off as if it was my fault. When I asked for replacement towels, since I paid for a double, she said, “I do not see any boyfriend.” After I politely reiterated my request despite her rudeness, I received the towels but she did not provide new ones the next day. Breakfast was a spread of plastic wrapped 1 Euro store pastries and there was no room to sit sometimes since she was often entertaining other visitors not staying at the B&B Prince Inn. I'm thinking, "Just eat it, right? You paid 170 something Euros for this!" (Do you know what that is in USD?) In the morning and late at night, the kitchen was locked since she would have relatives/friends staying there at night so you could not use the kitchen or access your food. The only reason someone would stay here is if it was FREE, they brought camping supplies & food and they did not need a shower. I do not recommend paying for this. Visiting Rome deserves a good night and breakfast. One note: Giulia/Julia was not an unfriendly person and I think the others who gave this place high reviews probably paid a lot less and were more gracious for this reason. Its better than sleeping outside, right? I paid via venere.com and for double with private bath.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Agirl_8

Travellers are raving about these Rome hotels

Japan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2009

Stayed here 4 nights. The room was large and the whole place was very clean. Giulia, the host was very nice providing a nice, and very sweet, breakfast. There are a few rooms and a couple of bathrooms. The 'fully equipped' kitchen, isnt really that equipped at all. No microwave or oven. Just a few elements on the stove top and a couple of plates and saucepans. However we did manage to cook there, and it saved alot on eating out everynight!
The free interent and provided computers in each room are great, as when you return to the place, you are really just confined to your room (as there is no lounge room, or common room).
Overall a good cozy place, and for the cost (we got our double room for under 40 euros a night) you cant go wrong.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
paris
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2009

We spent 6 days here with my parents, sister and brother-in-law. We used 3 of the 4 bedrooms, so it was almost like renting an apartment. We had 2 bathrooms to share. The other room has its own bathroom. We used the kitchen to make cup-o-noodles for dinners from the store downstairs. The apartment is in a big Italian apartment building. It was clean and just right for us. We couldn't find anything cheaper and it was much nicer than a hostel would have been! Each room had it's own computer and there was also wi-fi for our laptops. The location was fabulous. it was 2 min walk to the metro, the street car is out front and there's buses to the Colosseum at Manzoni (7-10 min. walk). Italy's first gelato place is 1 block down the street (Fassi). It's only 1,50 for a small cone with 3 flavors and the small ranged from large to gigantic! And during winter there's specials, so we got 1/2 price one day! We felt fine in this part of town, but probably not everyone would. The breakfasts were better than the other hotels we stayed at in Italy. There 6-7 pre-packaged sweet breads (filled croissants, fruit tarts, cakes, etc.), toast, yogurt, fresh fruit and she made us cappuccinos each morning. The kitchen is small but usable. It's sparsely equipped, but helped us save money on food. We would definitely return!

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank PricesinParis
Moscow
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2009

This was one of the best places for 49 euro/night per twin room.
As I understand it's a flat converted into B&B. It's held by a family there 2 or 3 rooms only,

Bad things:
- the lady who serves the breakfast (I guess the mother of a family) doesn't speak english. Although she's very nice, always ready to help and she's always found a way to contact us with a nice polite chat about the weather (I guess if I knew italian we'd have more topics to talk about)
- 2 little shared bathrooms. But the B&B is so little that you hardly notice anybody else.

Good things:
- the breakfast is tasty (but always sweet)
- rooms are cleaned perfectly
- air conditioning in a room
- a notebook with high speed internet connection was a wonderful thing
- good location: 10 min to Termini, 20 min to Colosseo, 5 min to supermarket
- Luccio - a person who meets visitors speaks english and it's never a problem to get some help from him
- really low price