“Better than the Vatican!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of My Guest Roma

My Guest Roma
Ranked #3 of 3,759 Rome B&B and Inns
halle, germany
“Better than the Vatican!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2012

Last year I went to Rome for the first time. As I wanted to see the Vatican museums, I decided to stay in the area. It was a nightmare. Really loud tourists everywhere and the B&B owners do everything possible to rip you off. You get poor service, inflated prices, and insolent answers. This time I decided to stay some place off the beaten track and - following the reviews posted on the Tripadvisor - I chose My Guest Roma. It was simply wonderful. It offers everything that the Vatican B&Bs don't, and way more. The place is clean and pleasant, the service of very high standard, bed comfortable. You get really personaliyed attention with tons of useful tips and suggestions. Next time I will stay at MY GUEST Roma too!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Jens M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Frankfurt, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2012

I stayed in this B&B for 3 nights and I can only recommend it for a stay in Rom!

It started with great service while booking the rooms together with the late night taxi transfer from the airport, which was at a real good rate.
The B&B is not slap bang next to the Colosseum, which means that you can expect light airy rooms, which were spotless and with very little traffic noise from the roads, enabling you to experience the real Roman life. The B&B has great connections via Metro and local Express busses, so getting to all the main attractions was very easy and convinient. With only 5 rooms you will get a fantastic service from the host Stefano & his team. During my stay we got loads of local advise on where to go and what to do (and what to avoid), which is invaluable. Breakfast was plentifull and good, home made cakes...what more can I say...

I will be back for sure!!!

• Stayed April 2012
Gurgaon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2012

From the moment i checked in to the time i checked out i never felt that i was in a foreign country. It was like home away from home. This is perfect place to stay in Rome. When I arrived at My Guest Roma I was very happy with the accommodation. Nice, clean, spacious rooms, Quiet neighborhood, easy access to metro and bus and not to mention eating joint. Metro station is about 10-15 min walk and the bus stop about 5 min.
But the standout is Stefano’s ever smiling face and willingness to help the guests in whichever way possible. It is such a welcome change in this day and age. From the time I checked in to the time I boarded the taxi to leave for airport, Stefano was there with a smile to help me out. He planned out my entire trip around the city and even to places like Florence and Pisa. He advised me on places to eat.
In all he made this trip to Italy even more memorable. On my next visit to Rome I would not hesitate to stay here again. Thank you Stefano and the team for such a personal and enjoyable stay!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
belgrade
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2012

I hadn't had any previous experience of a B&B and I must confess I have discovered a new way of travelling. I received an excellent personalized service coupled with a spotless spacious room and an extremely rich breakfast . I wouldn't have asked for anything more!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Knaresborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

great option for Rome. location is great and complimentary breakfast is decent.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
brussels, belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

This is a perfect place to stay in Rome! Quiet neighbourhood, metro and bus nearby, extremely clean and nice rooms, best breakfast in Italy, perfect service! Stefano is the most helpful and charming host I've ever met! Grazie mille, Stefano! Ci vediamo l'anno prossimo!
Guy van den Heule, Belgium

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Paris, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

Quiet accommodation to stay, welcoming and clean.
My daughters and I spent 5 nights at My Guest Roma as a short
birthday present stay.
The B&B is well run and the host gracious. The room had a view on a
quiet backyard. It was spacious and with lovely décor . (We were told
it was designed by the owner himself - a restorer in his previous
life). There was lots of cupboard space to store the suitcases. Tea
and coffee facilities were available into the night.

I particularly appreciated that freshly washed duvet covers were used
rather than standard covers, given to a guest after the other.

Also, we all loved the fact that the B&B is in a neighborhood out of
the ancient city. The bus is literally at 2 minutes walk away, the
area completely safe, and it takes about 15 minutes to reach the city
center. We enjoyed all Roman beauties but we also enjoyed
experiencing locals either in the bus or in the restaurants of the
area. We felt we had a real taste of what Rome is.

The service was fully fledged . We kept meeting Stefano in late
evening, on our way back from dinner. He doesn’t live on the
premises though someone of the staff does.
Upon checking in with all relevant informations,he gave us his contacts and made sure we could reach him 24/7. We didn’t expect that from a little B&B. Despite the fact
we didn’t need any special assistance , we appreciated not being left on our own.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family