“It is not a hotel.”
Review of Residenza Borghese

Residenza Borghese
Ranked #674 of 1,267 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 11 January 2012

It is only a modern furnished inn where you MUST have breakfast in your room which is not equipped for it at all. You must have breakfast at a writing desk which has only a chair to sit down.
The rooms are badly soundproof so you can hear every little noise coming from the other rooms.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank sanroque23
There are newer reviews for Residenza Borghese

Reviewed 2 January 2012

Well, as some of the other reviewers we got a little lost in the beginning until we find the right elevator (the second one!!):D But it was more like funny.

The staff was really friendly and helpful. I had to contact them via email before i book the hotel and they responded quickly with all the information i needed! And even if i don't speak excellent Italian they were so patient and kind to me! Not to be misunderstood' they all speak english of course, i just promised myself to use italian only for this trip:P

About the rooms. You know those hotels of which you see their photos online, but when you arrive there you are absolutely certain that you are in the wrong hotel? Well this has nothing to do with this residence. Our rooms were better than what we expected. Modern, comfortable and truly clean!

Last but not least, the location! 3 minutes walk to Via Veneto and bus stop and 10-15 minutes to Piazza di Spagna makes it a very conveniently located hotel. We could go out in the morning, return in the afternoon for a rest and a shower and go out again without wasting hours and hours on the way.

So i highly recommend this residence-hotel and i hope for anyone to enjoy his stay as much as we did!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 November 2011

we stayed here in november after reading other reviews we wondered if we would ever find it, but it was so easy second lift second floor no problem! and i couldnt see why anybody would want to write a negative review. We were greeted by friendly staff that couldn't do enough for us the room was spotless we were given fresh towels everyday and a lovely breakfast in the morning, you could have breakfast delivered to your room from 7am until 10ish witch is perfect! if you need any help on where to go and what to do just ask at the desk and they will give you plenty of ideas to make the most of your stay. Its with in walking distance of pretty much everywhere and if you fancy a change you can buy a hop on hop off open top bus tour ticket from reception. I would recommend this hotel to anybody and confident you will not be disappointed. We will definitely be returning. Please try and ignore negative reviews and have a lovely stay here just like we did! thanks guys x

Room Tip: the taxi will drop you off right out side and its second lift in second floor and your at reception
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 November 2011

I had the opportunity to spend a week in Rome and stayed at the Residenza Borghese while there. As others have said...it is in a large mixed use building that can be a bit daunting the first time you come in. But after you have done it once, it just feels like you are going home. The family that runs Residenza Borghese is warm, knowledgeable, and very helpful. They speak fluent English and can advise you on anything you need to know. The rooms are modern and comfortable and the internet is free.
The location is fabulous!! Steps from the Via Veneto and a short walk to the Spanish Steps.
The neighborhood is lovely as well. Truly enjoyed my stay and look forward to going back soon!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 October 2011

When I originally booked our stay at this apartment hotel I didn’t read any reviews. My husband read them once I had booked and made me try to cancel the reservation, especially as we were travelling with my in laws and our 15 month old baby. This wasn’t possible and to be honest I am SO GLAD it wasn’t. Our experience at Residenza Borghese was really wonderful. The staff were extremely friendly and went out of their way to help us at all times.

We arrived during the day and travelled from the airport with a taxi that Jean kindly booked for us. Therefore we didn’t have any problems finding the hotel. I can see how it can be a bit daunting to arrive at night and have to look for the property. However, it’s really not the end of the world if you have to search a bit your first time. Once inside the characteristic entrance you have to take the second lift on the right up to the second floor. This wasn’t clearly stated beforehand but again, not the end of the world. We were welcomed so warmly by Jean that any doubts we had about staying here soon faded away.

The rooms were extremely clean and very modern with tea/coffee making facilities in the room. The size of the room was more than substantial and had plenty of space for the baby cot. The lift is tiny but this is usual in a building of this age. The view from the bedroom was of the courtyard used by other residents of the building (a mix of office workers and apartment residents). To be honest it wasn’t the best view but I wouldn’t expect anything different from a building of this type. At the end of the day it is an old building in an ancient city. I wasn’t there for the view from my bedroom window!

The breakfast is served in your room and consisted of bread rolls, croissants (plain and chocolate), cereal, crispbreads, jam, butter, cream cheese and yoghurts. It’s a continental breakfast with no hot items but is more than enough.

The hotel never claims to be a conventional hotel and rightly so. The rooms are based in a characteristic building in one of the best possible locations in Rome. We walked from the hotel to most places we needed to go. There are great transport links nearby and you can book tours through the hotel that pick you up and bring you back to the hotel. Jean and Kevin made some excellent suggestions of restaurants nearby where we ate some outstanding meals.

To be honest, I would not hesitate to stay here again and will recommend it to family and friends. The staff were so accommodating and never said no to any of our requests and believe me, my big fat Greek family and I can be very demanding!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 October 2011

We booked Residenza Borghese from Australia. We arrived in Roma after a horrendous train ride from Paris to Roma. we had some inital trouble finding the buliding as we were looking for a hotel/apartements and there was just a small sign on the side of a wall next to big wooden doors. After riging the buzzer the doors opened but we were a little lost with ahat to do after that. Eventually we found the front reception as were greeted by a very friendly lady named Jean who spoke both Italian & English. We were a mess after the train experience and though it was only 10.30am very kindly found us a room early so we may have a shower and collect our thoughts.
We found the room of good size, very clean, very comfortable and modern. The room was well stocked with towels and the shower had great water pressure. The airconditioning was efficent.
Jean was very friendly and helpful with suggestions on what to do with our limited time in Rome and booked an afternoon bus tour and lunch for us.

Overall we found Residenza Borghese in a lovely location both central and in a nice area. The rooms were of high standard and the staff, especially Jean, were accommodating, friendly and adaptable for us. We would happily recommed this place to others.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jandm23
Reviewed 6 September 2011

I had some trouble booking the room with my credit card and the person that mail me the days before I got there was very helpful and kind.

When I got there and I entered the BIG building it was very hard for me to find the way to the reception since the rooms are all over the building and there is no sign or anything that tells you where to go. He took us 10 min to understand where the reception was.

The room was really good, everything was very new and clean and the bathroom was outstanding considering the price that we paid (72€ /night/room).
The breakfast was ok, but there is not enough space in the room for 2 people having breakfast. rooms didn't have wi-fi witch was available only at the reception.

The position is really interesting, 2 mins away from Via Veneto and Villa borghese. Its a very quiet area and is not too far from the city centre.

The best part of my staying was the check out.. the girl at the reception (I think her name is Marianna) was a real pearl, she was not only beautiful but also very kind, helpful and professional.. she really made my day.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends