“Rome In Limo - Tour of Pompeiu and Positano”

RomeInLimo Tours & Excursions
Ranked #1 of 211 Food & Drink in Rome
More attraction details
Owner description: We specialize in tailor made personalized tours in Rome, and throughout Italy. We employ only professionals, which allows us to provide the utmost quality of experience for our clientele. Our company mandate centres on the satisfaction of our clients, as we aspire to only the highest standards of service. We believe that the best advertising is a happy client; one who will recommend us to their family and friends, and use our services again in the future. Our services: Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, City Tours, Food Tours, Walking Tours, Shore Excursions, Wine Tours in Rome and throughout Italy. For your convenience and enjoyment we offer luxury sedans, vans, and mini-buses, accompanied by knowledgeable drivers who are eager to make your experience in Italy memorable. At your request, we provide licensed tour guides with exceptional knowledge of Italian culture, art, and historical sites.
Hilliard, Ohio
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“Rome In Limo - Tour of Pompeiu and Positano”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2012

As with all things unseen, I am a little cautious when I sign up for something that will take an entire valued day of vacation. Rome In Limo came highly recommended from a friend of ours and we decided to take a day trip to Pompei and Positano. The price for 12 hours of a driver/local guide seemed reasonable, especially given that we did not know the area, the price of gas, and being able to enjoy the sights without worrying about a rental vehicle.

As we enjoyed our leisurely breakfast at the hotel, our driver Alberto arrived promptly at the hotel. We were greeted warmly, and he was very accommodating of my very bad Italian. Alberto was an awesome driver, navigating the streets of Rome, Pompei, and the winding streets of Positano with ease. Our vehicle was very nice, roomier than any taxi we had been in, and more space than the American car I have back at home - quite the touring vehicle. Alberto was informative, entertaining, and knowledgeable of the area. Our drive to all of our stops was breathtaking and very safe.

We arrived at Pompei and he got us to the front with ease, gave use some tips of how to navigate Pompei, and set us on our way, allowing us to roam the ruins for about 2.5 hours. After that, we shopped for some souvenirs and set off for lunch in Positano. We enjoyed a wonderful meal at da Constantino, and Alberto made sure that we were able to meet and talk briefly with the owner Luigi (who was quite a character!). After lunch (including the most wonderful pear-ricotta-almond torte), we made the trip down to one of the Positano beaches and were able to walk the sand for a short while and enjoy the view.

During the entirety of the trip, Alberto was very informative, pointing out various sights along the way (such as the monastery at Cassino), and we also shared stories of our respective countries. Alberto was also very good about helping us with our Italian – though he needed no help with his English, it was excellent.

The only complaint I have is that the day went too fast! Although I was cautious at first, I was quickly won over and I have to say that the drive and tour was well worth every Euro we spent on it!

Visited March 2012
2 Thank Angelo S

• Korean first
Los Angeles, CA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Loved it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2012

Our tour guide Nicola was delightful, helpful and accommodating. It was a miserable, rainy day in Rome and he managed to get us around to everything with comfort (lending us much needed umbrellas) and efficiency, all the while providing knowledgable commentary. Highly recommend!

1 Thank AuntieMLosAngeles_CA
Amsterdam
48 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Great tour for our family”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2012

Francesco was a perfect guide for the tour. He provided us the best spots from which to view Rome at Night....and even though it was a rainy night...we had a wonderful time. Our teenage children enjoyed the views and tour as well. Francesco added history and information about the sites to help the tour be even more memorable! Would definitley recommend for families.
Thanks, Rome in Limo!!

Miami, Florida
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 146 helpful votes
“RomeinLimo - The ONLY Way to Go”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2012

I booked our tour on-line, and was very happy with the cordial and efficient responses that I received. That efficiency and courtesy extended to my actually tour. I had the pleasure of touring with Franco and Frederico in March, 2012. They picked up my family and me from the Rome Central Station for a fantastic day of sightseeing. Although we arrived on a morning when the Communist Party was in the midst of a huge protest, Franco found a way around the crowds and delivered us to the Colosseum on time for our first tour. (We'd purchased tickets on-line for a 45 minute tour.)

Prior to our tour, Franco took the time to give us some information about the Colosseum. I'd visited the Colosseum 4 times before, yet I still learned something new. In fact, Franco's 10 minute lecture was probably as valuable, if not more valuable, than the 45 minute tour offered by the Colosseum.

After the Colosseum, Franco crafted a day for us that took us to all the highlights of Rome. We only had 1.5 days in Rome at the tail end of a 2-week trip. With Franco and Frederico, we were never tired. Their humor and courtesy made the day fabulous. (I believe Frederico was in training; we were luck to get 2 great gentlemen that day.) I have been to Rome several times, and I saw new sights that I had never seen before. The tour was worth every penny. If we had more time, I would have booked them for a few additional days in order to make our sightseeing painless.

Rome is fabulous. Yet, Franco and Frederico were the icing on the cake; I wouldn't hesitate to ask to tour with them again. Our RomeinLimo experience was great.

Visited March 2012
1 Thank MIAChels
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Highly recommend the Rome by night tour!!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2012

We were promptedly picked up at our hotel for our tour by Marco. He was friendly and immediately asked if we had anything we wanted to see for sure or priorities. We told him we wanted to see all the major sites, which we indeed did. We also made a quick stop at each for pictures and Marco gave us a bit of background on each stop. Our pictures are amazing! The sites are really quite beautiful at night with the lights. Highly recommend!

2 Thank Twinmommy123