“Walks Inside Rome is a must for getting the most out of your trip”
Review of Walks Inside Rome

and up
Pizza and Gelato Making Class with Dinner in Rome
Ranked #13 of 81 Classes & Workshops in Rome
More attraction details
Owner description: Buongiorno! Welcome to Walks Inside Rome! We are Sal & Marilena. Our team's mission is to show you Rome's best art, history, food and fun. Our expertise is in private and semi-private tours which also include priority entrance (skipping the line) and special reservations to the city's most famous sights including the Colosseum, the Roman Forum, the Vatican Museums, the Sistine Chapel, and so much more!
Reviewed April 10, 2018 via mobile

We recently returned from a week in Rome and booked four tours from Walks Inside Rome: the golf cart tour, the Treasure Hunt at the Vatican, the small group Colosseum and the bike tour of the Appian Way. All were excellent and truly, the absolute best way to really understanding what you are seeing. Our Guide for the small group Colosseum tour, Michael, was the absolute best of a very formidable group of guides. He had a book showing us exactly what we were looking at and where we were back in ancient times. His knowledge and enthusiasm were so impressive. It was my son’s (age 11) favorite tour. My daughter (age 8) loved the bike tour best. I know these tours are pricier because they are private or very small group but they are so absolutely worth the money. Understanding where you are should not be taken for granted. Five stars.

Date of experience: March 2018
WalksInsideRome, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Walks Inside Rome, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2018

Thank you Jeanne for your great review! We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed all the tours you booked with us and very happy that your daughter enjoyed the bike ride so much! We would love to see you again!

All reviews
"early morning vatican tour"
in 71 reviews
"personal tour"
in 8 reviews
"cooking class"
in 13 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 14 reviews

Reviewed March 21, 2018 via mobile

Amazing behind the scenes tour! It was actually in 2015 at Christmas and I just realized I didn’t rate the tour. The guide was so great - was able to take us through to see the best details with no fuss or muss! Would not hesitate to recommend or book another tour with them!!!

Date of experience: December 2017

Thank you so much for your kind words! We would love to see you again. Ciao!

Reviewed February 27, 2018 via mobile

We are a family of 5 (daughters ages 13, 11 and 7) and decided to do tours of the Colosseum including the underground - awesome - and the Vatican “express” tour including St. Peter’s basilica and the Sistine chapel - equally awesome. I’m personally glad we could skip a lot of the artwork etc that we weren’t as focused on learning about at the Vatican, this was a great option for that. I am so glad that we decided to do these tours - it was an amazing experience and a highlight of our visit, due to our awesome, passionate, engaging guide Teo! He was able to bring the architecture, art, and history of the city to life for us in such an entertaining and enriching way - truly a talented educator, and also so wonderful with the kids, asking questions and high-fiving when any of us knew something about history, etc. My daughters literally jumped for joy when we saw him in front of the Vatican after he led our Colosseum tour earlier in the week. We wanted to hang out with him all day - thank you Teo! Highly recommend this experience for families visiting Rome, you won’t regret it.

Date of experience: February 2018

Grazie mille for this excellent review and for taking the time to write it! We would be very pleased to welcome you and your family back with us on your next trip in Rome. Arrivederci!

Reviewed February 24, 2018

A friend of mine suggested this company for an Early Morning Vatican Tour with an english speaking guide as their group absolutely loved their experience. It is a 3.5 tour of the Vatican Museum and St. Peter's Basilica that begins at 7:30am. My experience was also fantastic! Because it was off season, there were only 5 of us in total so it was quite intimate and we didn't have to use the audio ear pieces. My guide was Barbara and she was absolutely fantastic. Personable, casual, knowledgeable and quite funny. I felt like I was on a personal tour with a cousin or old friend! She seemed to know a lot of the security and employees inside which was nice. We were also able to see areas of the museum not open to other tour groups. For me, it was absolutely worth the time and money. One thing to note - the first 25 minutes the guides explain much of the history. It was captivating and held my attention but this is important to keep in mind in terms of weather. In my case it was a bit cold standing in one place outside for so long and I would imagine it would also be uncomfortable in rain or extreme heat. Also, I think it's a bit too long of a tour for children under 12 years. That said, for me it was the highlight of my trip. I would recommend this company highly! I will definitely organize another tour of a different site with this company the next time I am in Rome. Also, if you're not claustrophobic and in good shape, I would recommend paying the 10 Euro to take the elevator to the base of St. Peter's dome then climbing the 300 steps to the top when the tour finishes. The views are insurmountable!

Date of experience: February 2018
1  Thank HilaryManhattan

Dear Hilary,

Thank you for your kind feedback and review of our services! We would love to welcome you back on your next visit to Rome, be sure to get in touch! Arrivederci!