“Perfect”
Review of Gigli d'Oro Suite

Gigli d'Oro Suite
Ranked #321 of 3,765 Rome B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 May 2012

We stayed here in February, actually in the San Carlo Suite in Via Del Corso. Both hotels are perfectly situated for sightseeing and shopping and we did plenty of both.
The welcome on arrival was warm, friendly and informative. Our host offered us a drink, we opted for coffee which was great.
We were shuttled to our room from this hotel via golf cart. The room was large and decorated to a high standard. We loved it. The breakfast in the morning was ok, I've had better, but it was still a nice start to the day.
The two hotels are close to each other and you are always welcome to stop in at the main suite for a coffee, snacks or drink from the free and open bar, and we did do that.
All in all we had a great stay. We will be back.
I've been a bit slack in finally getting around to writing a review, no reflection of my enthusiasm for this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank Jayde1

Reviewed 10 May 2012

It is was a pleasure to stay there. very very well located in the center of room. the hotel offer facilities that you wont find every where (like a little electric car to rent to go around rome). But the best was the service. a warm welcome which make you feel at home. It is cosy.
I plan to go back on my next stay to Rome.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank rey w
Reviewed 1 May 2012

The Gigli d'Oro Suite is very well located in the heart of Rome. Within less than 10min walking you are in Vatican City, or the Fountain Trevi.

We stayed for 2 Nights in the Gigli d'Oro (Junior Suite Exclusive) and it was an outstanding experience. The Service did not leave any questions open, very polite, friendly and always smily.

Our Room was just "awesome" all well organized, spacious, and with a great character. The Room had Wifi and a Laptop was also provided free of charge. Even the prices in the mini bar where extreme cheap compare to other Hotels. In the evening the Breakfast area was transformed into an open (free) bar with a good selection of drinks. (Just impressive). Oh and I have to say this, the cappuccino they make is addictive.

I know that next time I will be in Rome I will try my best to stay here again, this is one fantastic place to stay and relax after spending hours sight-seeing the City.

My compliments to the crew, just fantastic. I can only recommend this place.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Andre W
Reviewed 11 April 2012

We spent 5 days in Rome in February 2012 on our honeymoon. We arrived in Rome having found out a week before the wedding that my wife was pregnant. We arrived at the hotel after an early start flying from Manchester and and received a friendly welcome and despite getting there early we where in our room within 20 minutes. A honeymoon gift of a bottle of prosecco was changed for a vase of flowers and a personalised cake with our names on, nice touch. During our stay we where very well looked after and all the staff where very very helpful. Unfortunately my wife really suffered from the early onset of pregnancy all week and spent a lot of time sleeping and feeling not too well at all. The staff where always on hand to ask if there was anything they could do and if we managed to get out and about and she was tired they would send the electric car out to collect us. This hotel is very very nice and our room, the gigli d'oro suite, was perfect. Perfect location for seeing all the sites, it really is a max 20 minute walk to get to any of the major Rome sights. Thanks to all the staff, one day we hope to return.

Room Tip: Gigli d'oro suite
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JamesandJenO
Reviewed 26 March 2012

I just spent one night at this fabulously tucked away little boutique hotel, with my best friend who was in town from the States. Our room was on the top floor and had a sloping wood-beamed roof. Really beautiful (although some may say claustrophobic). The room was a good size for Rome and the bathroom was tiny but well appointed. Fabulous shower with great water pressure (the details are what impress me). The bed was soft, the linens too. Great lighting in the room with a big window that we left open most of our stay. The decor is very modern and I'd say it is a good value for the price - I prefer modern, newer hotels especially when traveling in Italy. The hotel is in a perfect location, right off Piazza Navona making it easy to hop in and out, even for a quick walk. We had a glass of complimentary prosecco before heading to dinner nearby and breakfast the next day was just what we needed to start our day. The concierge/front desk guys on duty were both wonderful and helpful and spoke perfect English. I understand the complaints about this hotel being small but honestly, when I'm in Rome, I try to spend the least amount of time possible in my room and with this location, you will too!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 March 2012

Just spent 2 nights at this hotel for business and can't say enough positive about it, fab central location to all landmarks ten mins walk to Trevi fountain, 2 mins to piazza navona, service outstanding, love the freebie presecco, great breakfast, modern rooms in a traditional building. Nicely done, some a little short in natural light but that's very typical of Rome due to historic buildings and layout. Don't hesitate just book it, can't wait to return for leisure next time. Good value for money for location, and certainly for the service. Well done Michael for running a great establishment and thanks for looking after us.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed 27 February 2012

This is a really great little hotel in a fab location close to Piazza Navona in Rome. Very nice rooms and absolutely great service from the staff. Wifi works in rooms and breakfast/bar area too and staff is very attentive to your requests. Definitely recommendable!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business