“Adequate for our needs”
other travellers have booked this property
Living Room
Tastefully furnished large living/dining room w/ sofabed for 2.  TV with satellite Sky channels Living Room
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Living Room
Living/dining Room.  There's FREE internet wifi.
Living Room
With microwave, fridge, gas range, coffee maker, toaster, basic needs: sugar,salt,olive oil,vinegar
Living Room
Bathroom 1 with bathtub, the second bathroom is with a shower.
Kitchen
living room on a different angle.  The ceiling lamp is an original antique oil lamp.
Kitchen
detail of kitchen leading to the terrace
bathroom with shower
bathroom with bathtub
welcome fruit basket
bedroom 2 with single beds
Terrace
another angle of bedroom 2 (with airconditioning)
master bedroom with airconditioning
View From Twin Bedroom
another angle of the master bedroom
View From Kitchen
The Second Twin Bedroom
living room with pullout bed (sofa)
View From Kitchen
bedroom
Entrance
The Second Twin Bedroom
terrace for a nice meal al fresco!!!
the living/dining room
The Twin Bedroom
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

stargazer...
NC
“Adequate for our needs”
Reviewed August 30, 2012 for a stay in July 2012
people found this review helpful

The apartment was certainly adequate for our needs. The owner was very willing to talk prior to our booking via Skype phone, and it was certainly handy having an English speaking owner. I had put off finding a Rome apartment until two weeks prior to our leaving the States, and we had limited choice compared to how many properties seem to be available a few months out.

The apartment was advertised with free limo service for transfers, and that was amazingly helpful! Both limo drivers were punctual and friendly, and we got from the train and then back to the airport with no problems. I misunderstood the advertisement and thought it was for both transfers which I spoke about in our emails; the owner did tell us when we got the keys that it was actually supposed to be for 1 transfer only, but that she was honoring what we had discussed in our emails with each other, which was awfully nice of her.

The owner was a bit insistent that we book at least one tour through her. We had been in Rome several times before, and felt that we would do fine with no tours booked. The owner stated that she was losing money if we did not book a tour, and that she had been counting on that, but my husband simply told her we were not interested in that. We felt that the tours were a bit pricey to begin with, and I was a bit surprised that her rental profit would be that affected by our booking or not booking. As it ended up, we did the Vatican, the ruins, and Rome itself with no problems and saw everything that was on our "must see" list.

The apartment was a bit smaller and a bit shabbier than we were expecting. The sofa is covered with a slipcover, and what the pictures indicated was a 'L' shaped piece on the end was a fold-out twin bed. So sitting for 4 was tight with the layout; my husband usually sat at the dining table. The balcony is very small with zero view (the washing machine is out there), and not totally conducive to sitting out with coffee or a glass of wine in the evenings. The queen bed was very hard, and the twins were very soft, but the bedding was all nice and very clean. Lighting was dim, and there was a missing fixture in the twin bedroom.

The baths were very nice. The shower bathroom is very small, but the other one with the tub is a good size. We had an issue on our last night with the water backing up through a floor drain when the bath water was let out, and I emailed the owner but never a reply; since it was when we were leaving, I just cleaned the water up and left the dirty towel I used in the tub.

The kitchen seemed more than adequate. We did not cook while there, but did stock the frig with cheeses, meats, beer, wine and soft drinks from a very handy grocery store. Restaurants were plentiful and good, and the gelato shop downstairs was great.

The a/c kept up with the outside temperatures, which were scorching! Hot water was plentiful, and we never had any issues with electric outages (which can happen in Italy).

All in all, we did not spend that much time in the apartment, so it worked out well for our needs. Had we spent more time there, it would have been a bit cramped for sitting and a little dimmer than we were used to at night. While we hated badly to leave (the entire italian vacation was spectacular!), it was wonderful go get back to my mattress!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Oklahoma
Reviewed June 27, 2012 for a stay in March 2012

A romantic getaway Older travelers
NJ
Reviewed June 25, 2012 for a stay in June 2012

Canada
Reviewed June 4, 2012 for a stay in May 2012

SeeTheWor...
“Great apartment in Rome”
Reviewed October 25, 2010 for a stay in October 2010

Very nice apartment near the Coloseum. Very clean and well decorated. Nice patio for cocktails. Marmi is delightful to work with.

Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway A romantic getaway
Families with teenagers Tourists
24 Oct 2010
Thanks Lisa! I appreciate this and I hope to welcome you back soon to Rome and to CasaLilli.
New York
Reviewed July 6, 2010 for a stay in June 2010

Check-in / front desk Service
Travelling group: Family (extended)
Your age range 25-34
6 Jul 2010
Thank you Beth... I hope you got your money's worth. I know there are other vacation rentals that you could have gotten for less but I guarantee service and just about everything to make your stay in the Eternal City a most memorable one. Next time you come around we offer you and your party one night stay for free. Hope to see you soon.
California
Reviewed July 1, 2010 for a stay in June 2010

Liked best: Right in the Heart of Antica Rome
Liked least: The owners
Travelling group: Family (extended)
Your age range 45-54
Young singles Friends getaway
A romantic getaway Families with young children
Families with teenagers Tourists
1 Jul 2010
Hello Sandi, Thank you for taking time to make this wonderful review. I should thank you again for letting me join you at the Scavi of the Vatican. I hope to welcome you back soon and there will be nice new surprises for you. Hope to see you soon.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing