“Fabulous”
Review of Marco G

Marco G
Reserve with
Marco G is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #179 of 12,524 Restaurants in Rome
Price range: US$29 - US$35
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Trastevere
Description: Fresh & Simple Italian Food & WineVino e Cucina Italiana Semplice e Fresca
Rainham, United Kingdom
“Fabulous”
Reviewed 19 March 2012

To Marco and all his staff, Thank You for the most enjoyable time my wife and I spent in your company. We eat at your restaurant 3 of the 4 nights during our visit. We look forward to dinning with you again on our return.

• Visited February 2012
2 Thank John W

• Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
“10 days in Rome, 30 meals and this was by far the BEST, twice!!!”
Reviewed 18 March 2012

My husband and I were referred to Marco G's by our hotel staff and were not disappointed. We went there for my husband's 35th birthday. We had the best meal in Rome by far. The food was amazing! I specifically noticed Marco who was not only running the front of the house but also in the kitchen detailing every plate that came out. Our waitress was beyond pleasant. Marco and her were so welcoming. I just happened to mention in conversation that it was my husbands birthday and when we ordered an amazing tiramisu they presented it with a candle. Little things like this in service is what brought us back for our final Roman dinner before heading back to the states. I absolutely would recommend Marco's for service and food. (also - I have never went out of my way to review anything but here I am three weeks later wishing we could enjoy another night there. Too bad we're 3000 miles away).

3 Thank Amf101476
Dublin, Ireland
“Simply the best, better than all the rest!”
Reviewed 18 March 2012

From the moment we entered the restaurant we knew this was the one for us! A calm friendly atmosphere with great decor bringing a sophisticated twist on the traditional trattoria. Marco himself could not have been a better host. He has a real passion for both his food and his guests enjoyment of it in equal measure. You feel truly delighted to be at the centre of the eating experience. The food itself is wonderful. You can taste the quality and passion with which each dish is prepared. Thanks Marco for making this the 'come back to' restaurants in Rome.

Toronto, Canada
“Best dinner, service, wine & atmosphere in Rome”
Reviewed 11 March 2012

My husband found Marco G on Trip Advisor after a last minute night in Trastevere was planned. So glad he chose this place! The owner & his wife were so welcoming and helpful. The food was amazing! The house wine was the best we had in Rome. The atmosphere was perfect. I could not have been more pleased. Wish we had been there earlier in our trip! I would have gone back if I could!

One person in our group ordered a pre-fix menu with great different dishes. He was so full but couldn't stop eating the amazing food! I had the cacio y pepe which the waiter described as an 'experience not to miss.' He was spot on! My husband had the gnocchi with gorgonzola and walnut sauce. To- die- for!

All in all each dish from the starter (bruschetta) to the dessert (tiramisu) and wine...we loved each bite!

I would definitely recommend eating here if in the Trastevere neighborhood! It's the perfect Roman night out!

London, United Kingdom
“Excellent service, great food, a welcoming atmosphere and all in a great location.”
Reviewed 9 March 2012

We stumbled upon Marco G after having a drink in Trastevere. WOW!
This restaurant has excellent service, great food, a welcoming atmosphere and all in a great location.
My partner and I shared a starter- a mixture of cold meats, couscous, cheese and bread. We would definitely recommend!
Main courses- we both chose pasta dishes which were equally tasty. Unfortunately we didn’t have room for a sweet so I can’t comment on this. The wine list was great too.
I would definitely recommend this restaurant- just disappointed we only discovered it on our last night in Rome.

• Visited March 2012

Been to Marco G? Share your experiences!