6,512 results
All reviews imperial lounge la pergola city view diamond member hilton points art collection beautiful hotel shuttle bus complimentary shuttle pillow menu indoor pool corner suite pool side turkish bath steam room piazza barberini per day
Reviewed October 26, 2011

We went on a 2.5 week trip to Europe and stayed in this hotel the last night as a treat for the end of our vacation. The rooms were very pricey but we figured it must be worth it at that cost....honestly I would have much rather stayed somewhere much centrally located to Rome. You had to shuttle into Rome and the shuttle takes a break from 12:30-3:30 for lunch, it runs every other hours besides that until 8 pm which limited our day to what we could do. We ended up taking a taxi back becuase we wanted to stay later in Rome than 8 pm. The rooms were very nice, but the breakfast was expensive (they did offer coffee and a pastry for free in the front of the hotel) the drinks and dinner were extremely pricey and if we wanted to use the pool you had to pay for it. It seemed as though you paid a great deal for a room and then had to pay for anything besides sleep....In my honest opionion it was beautiful and away from the fast paced streets of Rome but that wasnt what I was traveling to Rome for. Would not stay here again. Oh and the beds were rock hard, which some people love but I do not..I slept terribly.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
GUEST_RELATI0NS_TEAM, Manager at Rome Cavalieri, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2011

Dear Guest,

We would like to inform you that our prices are in line with 5 Star Luxury Properties and the complimentary shuttle service we provide to the city centre provides our guests with lots of dining options. Also our guests could choose a room package that includes complimentary breakfast as well.

Reviewed October 24, 2011

Stayed for three nights September 2011 with my wife. We had an attractive rate since we reserved during the winter sale at half price.
Positive: Large, well equipped, comfortable rooms. We stayed in an executive room and the lounge was very good: Food above average, very service oriented and attentive staff. Pool area is very nice and when staying at executive level there are no problems with extra payment etc.
Negative: Location is quite far from city centre and there is nothing of interest in the immediate neighbourhood. The hotel in general seems a bit tiered around the corners. The rooms facing the back have a very uninspiring view.
Tip: If you’re going to the Vatican Museum buy your tickets online in advance and you can walk directly into the museum avoiding the long lines.

Room tip: If youn are willing to pay the rooms facing Rome have great views.
Date of stay: September 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for choosing Rome Cavalieri, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts during your recent visit to the Eternal city. It is indeed thanks to our location that our rooms facing the city have spectacular breathtaking views and we are glad to read that you have enjoyed the services on our Imperial floors.

Looking forward to welcoming you back on a future occasion.

Reviewed October 23, 2011

Stayed at the Cavalieri mid-October as the last night of a two week business trip to various cities in Europe. As it was a weekend, this stay was to be a treat before heading back to the US. I arrived early and the check-in was superb and very cordial, and as a Diamond HH I was given a very nice room on the 6th floor overlooking the hotel grounds and city - the view was very impressive. Overall the room and hotel were very nice and comfortable. My problem with the hotel was over a ridiculous charge I found on my bill at check-out and the absolute rudeness of the check-out person in dealing with it. As I had to leave the hotel very early in the morning, I used the breakfast room for some tea and fruit on the morning I checked-in (after explaining to the waiter that I had just checked in and was a Diamond member). Upon checking out I was billed for the breakfast buffet (a $52 charge!) and was told very unceremoniously that if I was leaving early on the day I checked out I should have gotten up extra early and taken the breakfast. I explained that I only have something to drink and some fruit and felt that charging me the equivalent of some $50 for a breakfast I was entitled to as a Honors member was inappropriate. There was no budging the staff person who proceeded to argue with me and was quite rude. Logic could not prevail and so I ended up paying the extra fee (which to its credit, Hilton Corporate refunded as the Cavalieri's hotel manager would not). What was to be a very pleasant stay was compromised by a rude and difficult person at check-out. Her explanation was that the breakfast was for the morning of the check-out! I countered that a breakfast is a breakfast and I only took one! To their credit, everyone else I had any interactions with at the hotel was very pleasant and solicitous. I'd recommend the hotel for a nice stay, but caution around a strangeness in how HH members are treated.
Some other information about the hotel. Walking down the hill from the hotel takes one to a residential street wtih bus service and shops and restaurants. Walking downhill, on the street with bus service, one will find on the left a very nice family restaurant with very reasonable prices and nice food. The Metro is a short walk further.
One last thought. The special lounge for HH members is rather odd, while offering some amenities, it is also segregated from what would be normally be the 'executive' lounge at other Hiltons -- and it only opens at 6:00pm and has only very limited nosh items. While alcohol is available, other amenities are not in line with general offerings at the Cavalieri or other Hilton Executive Lounges. Not sure why this appears to be only Hilton property that still segregates HH members away from other guests on a 'executive floor' level.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank Mainer7

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to submit a review regarding your stay. As mentioned by our colleagues, breakfast is included for our loyal HHonors Diamond members and served the following morning after arrival as custom in all hotels. For early departures we provide breakfast boxes with the guest's selection in addition to a station in a lobby with tea, coffee, biscuits, muffins, etc...

We would like to put to your attention that the 'Executive lounge' is not available in Waldorf Astoria hotels, but we have prepared the Colosseo Lounge specifically for our HHonors Diamond members where they could enjoy a pre or after dinner drink during their stay.

Looking forward to welcoming you back on a future occasion.

Reviewed October 23, 2011

It's hard to come up with enough superlatives to adequately describe this property! The welcome we received when checking in made us instantly feel like VIPs. My husband is a Hilton Honors Diamond member, and we used points to stay for two nights prior to embarking on a Mediterranean cruise. All of the amenities we were to receive during our stay were described to us, and then we were escorted to our room. As others have remarked, I don't know of a better property to use Hilton Honors points than this one. The art is stunningly beautiful, and the pool area and grounds are luxurious. The views from our balcony were very good, and could have been have been the best if we had been willing to wait for a room to become available on a higher floor. But since we were tired after the overnight flight from the US, and we planned to be out and about in Rome during our stay, we opted to get into a room immediately upon arrival.

The room was beautiful, the bathroom large with all the expected amenities, and the balcony quite nice with that lovely view of the grounds and Rome below. The only thing we would have wished to change was the mattress - it was on the hard side, but in the scheme of things, not a big deal. We were thrilled to be in Rome in such a beautiful hotel!

The breakfast buffet was one of the amenities we received as Diamond level guests, and it had everything you could possibly want for breakfast in a very pretty setting. I loved the wall paintings of the cherubs in the smaller room. We enjoyed the buffet both mornings during our stay.

We took taxis to and from the city, since we started each day in the Vatican area. Coming back to the hotel each night was like returning to a glittering oasis. It was so amazing to have such a restful retreat so near to the hustle and bustle of downtown Rome.

There were several tips I gleaned from other Trip Advisor reviews that are worth repeating. Piazza le Delle Medaglie d'Oro is within easy walking distance (less than 10 minutes) of the hotel; turn right out of the hotel entrance and stay on Via Alberto Cadlolo until you run into it. There you will find ATMs, pastry shops, bars, a fresh market, restaurants, and more. It provides other options for dining within walking distance if you prefer not to dine in the hotel. We ate dinner in a Sicilian seafood restaurant here on our first night. My sister and her husband walked here each morning for their breakfast, as the hotel buffet breakfast was not complimentary for them. If you are a Bank of America customer, there is no charge for using BNP Paribas ATMs, and there is a BNP Paribas branch with ATM in this Piazza. We used RomeCabs for transfers from the airport to the hotel, and from the hotel to the port, and we were very pleased with their service.

All our interactions with the Rome Cavalieri hotel staff were professional and cordial. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay Oct. 8th - 10th, and highly recommend the Rome Cavalieri to anyone visiting Rome!

Room tip: Higher floors provide stunning views of Rome below. There is a communications tower on or adjacent to the property that you would like to avoid from your room view if at all possible.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
GUEST_RELATI0NS_TEAM, Manager at Rome Cavalieri, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2011

Dear Guest,

We are so glad to read that your stay was a memorable one and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed October 23, 2011

Over the years I have tended to agree with tripadvisor consensus and trusted the sight so much that I only use this site to do my research. However, this is one of the few times I wished I had done some more research.

Good:
Peaceful location away from the hustle and bustle of Rome. The courtesy bus service is regular and punctual.

good choice of bars and restaurants with good quality food

Good and well equipped gym.

Bad:
Club lounge, the food quality is poor and service is begrudgingly provided. It reminds me of the food and service provided by nearly bankrupt airlines.

Rooms slightly worn and tatty around the edges.

Overall it felt more fours star than five star.

Date of stay: June 2011