6,412 results
All reviewsimperial loungela pergolacity viewdiamond memberhilton pointsexecutive floorart collectionbeautiful hotelshuttle buscomplimentary shuttlepillow menuoutdoor poolcorner suitepool sideturkish bathsteam roompiazza barberini
Reviewed October 15, 2017 via mobile

This hotel has so many added nice touches to make us feel special and very comfortable. The room with the city Rome view with the large patio was wonderful especially on the Saturday evening with the surprise of spectacular fireworks just for the hotel guests. The room had electronic shades to block out the early morning sun and even a door to close for hallway late night noise. The Waldorf truly has an attention to details for the guests from the moment that one is greeted upon arrival to the giant fluffy pillows which by the way you can select your own special pillow from a menu.

The buffet breakfast had numerous choices from many cultures. Dinner at The Pergola was a delicious and amazing experience with the bread cart, various salts and surprise pallet tasting foods between the courses. We had a very memorable meal and would recommend to try to have dinner here during your stay. The restaurant is beautiful with a nice view of the city lights.

Service was excellent from the concierge, front desk, restaurants, maids and even the phone operator ( we had trouble connecting to the restaurant and she took my cell number and ensured she called me back to make my dinner reservation while we were sight seeing).

It's obvious this hotel has excellent leadership as the staff are very service oriented with a smile to their guests and all of the attention to details.

My only recommendation is the staff have better name tags so one can see their name better ( maybe bigger letters).

We will be back!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
RobertaR0SSI, Front Office Manager at Rome Cavalieri, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2017

Dear BoWrinkleMuff,
Thank you for taking the time to share a review about your recent stay on TripAdvisor. We are delighted to read that you have enjoyed your room, our unique location and the breakfast selection. I will make sure to pass on your warm words to our team; they will be delighted to hear you have enjoyed their service.
We sincerely hope to welcome you back to the Rome Cavalieri.
Warmest regards,
Front Office manager

Reviewed October 15, 2017 via mobile

I had the opportunity to stay at the Waldorf twice in 2016. Everything about our stay was wonderful. As a Diamond Guest we felt the staff made sure we felt good about our time there every day. The breakfast buffet was the best I have had anywhere in the world.

We return the Walforf this week on Wednesday and can not wait! Our flight arrives early in the morning so our first stop will be that amazing breakfast.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Erik R,
We sincerely hope to welcome you back to the Rome Cavalieri.
Warmest regards,

Reviewed October 15, 2017

Great attention to detail, Very clean, Staff is very friendly and happy to help. The imperial room was a great place to stop in and grab a snack or a glass of wines before or after going out. The piano player at the hotel lobby had a great selection of songs,It was a great setting to relax and enjoy your favorite drink (my drink of choice was the house red wine very light and smooth)

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria
RobertaR0SSI, Front Office Manager at Rome Cavalieri, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2017

Dear FrankbA2564XX,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this great review!
All of the Rome Cavalieri team are happy to read that we exceeded your expectations with the hotel and the service received.
We appreciate your kind words and hope you will come back soon.
Yours sincerely,

Reviewed October 15, 2017 via mobile

Without question this is one of the finest hotels in Rome, if not Italy.

It has it all, renowned restaurant, magnificent views, first class 21st century facilities, and it simply oozes Italian sophistication from every pore. The bedrooms are first class, I wanted to pack the bed in to my hand luggage and take it home with me, it was that comfortable. The restaurants never failed to impress, from a sandwich by the pool, to the dinner on the roof, it was all what you would expect from a five star hotel.

However what let’s the hotel down is despite the Waldorf Astoria name, it somehow lacks the Waldorf Astoria values, that special feeling that runs through the hotel and comes from the staff. Having been lucky enough to stay or visit Waldorf Astoria’s around the world, what they have in common is that something special in terms of service, that ability to make every customer feel like a VIP. Whilst the vast majority of the staff are first class, they are let down by a number of key customer facing staff who lack that personal touch, more interested in process and their own self promotion then customer service. As a result the customers experience is let down at that touch point, by a poor perception which the hotel somehow fails to acknowledge or respond too.

One example I saw included; the breakfast supervisor making a party of two sit at the back of a nearly empty terrace, simply because the only table available near the front was for four people..... whilst the guests were too polite or intimidated to complain, their experience had clearly been impacted, as they spent their entire breakfast complaining about the table to one another.

Another example of the hotel giving priority to staff convenience or hotel process over customer service or perception was, shutting down the outdoor pool and pool area with little or no notice for the ENTIRE day because of an IN-HOUSE (!!!) function that did not start till 19:30. This left guests with no where to lay out and enjoy the wonderful October sun, or to swim unless they were willing to PAY to use the indoor pool (unless they are a gold Hilton Honors member who could use it for free).

Finally, the bar prices.... 5 star or not.... 9€ for a coke, 16€ for a G&T, and 27€ for a sandwich is simply ridiculous.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

Dear MattDrewry,
We regret that we were not able to provide you with the quality of service you deserve during your recent stay. We strive for unparalleled service delivery at our hotel, and we are always looking for ways to ensure that each guest experiences the very best we have to offer. We believe that very best service experiences are genuine, anticipatory and personalized and we will continue to work to ensure our guests find that level of service at our hotel. Your feedback will help us to continue to improve our training processes, and we hope you will return to stay with us to experience the results of that work firsthand.
Kind regards

Reviewed October 12, 2017 via mobile

There is much to do in Rome, and if is so nice to find a comfortable and convenient hotel on a leisure trip. I find Rome Cavalieri attractive, with its exquisite style and splendid customer service on all fronts. The living room with writing desk and sofa is well separated from the bed and TV space, and the entire setting is spacious and comfortable, plus a very spacious bathroom too! I have got 2 complimentary bottles of water each day, and water boiler is available on request.

The breakfast offers good value for money, with a large variety of choices, sumptuous wholesome food well served throughout the buffet. I like to have the choice as to how I wish to take my breakfast. I can choose whether I need such a meal in the morning and get a breakfast coupon as I wish, in lieu of booking breakfast for the full duration of my stay in the usual manner.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo

Dear Ada F,
Thank you for your kind words and 5-star rating. We take great pride in providing our guests with an unforgettable luxury experience, and it is a real treat to see that you were impressed with your room accommodation and the service received.
Our guests' satisfaction is very important to us, and we try hard to make sure all our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. Thank you for your kind words and please come back soon.