US$153
US$118
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$156/night.

Condotti Hotel(Rome)
US$94
US$88
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$106/night.

Hotel des Artistes(Rome)(Great Value!)
US$126
Hotel Raffaello(Rome)(Great Value!)
US$102
US$98
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$111/night.

US$217
US$159
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$188/night.

Hotel Italia(Rome)(Great Value!)
US$90
US$73
Hotel Artemide(Rome)
US$393
US$326
  • Restaurant
6,278 results
All reviewsimperial loungela pergolacity viewdiamond memberhilton pointsexecutive floorart collectionbeautiful hotelshuttle buscomplimentary shuttlepillow menuindoor poolpool sideturkish bathpiazza barberinisteam roomper day
Reviewed October 16, 2017

I stayed here for a 3 day conference followed by a 2 day personal stay. Irrespective of my lengthened period (and therefore bill) at the hotel, I was appointed a room on the lowest floor with no view whilst other short stay conference delegates were allocated upper floor / executive rooms with city / pool views. The room and reception staff were lovely but the bar staff disinterested and the breakfast staff shockingly bad. I was told I could not have a table on the terrace and when I asked for one that was empty, they grudgingly let me have it but then refused to serve me such that I even had to beg for coffee. Literally. A huge disappointment for an a visually beautiful hotel. I would definitely not stay here again. Absolutely not worth the high cost.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria
RobertaR0SSI, Front Office Manager at Rome Cavalieri, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2017

Dear ClairegZ8173KU,
We regret that we were not able to provide you with the quality of service you deserve during your recent stay. We strive for unparalleled service delivery at our hotel, and we are always looking for ways to ensure that each guest experiences the very best we have to offer. We believe that very best service experiences are genuine, anticipatory and personalized and we will continue to work to ensure our guests find that level of service at our hotel. Your feedback will help us to continue to improve our training processes, and we hope you will return to stay with us to experience the results of that work firsthand.

Reviewed October 16, 2017

This place is just incredible. It's built on a hill overlooking Rome. The views were wonderful and the hotel has two incredible pools. Fantastic fitness center and a three star Michelin restaurant. Did not try the restaurant as I could not afford it. If you ever have the opportunity to come to Rome and you don't mind spending a little more for your room (about $350-400 a night) I highly recommend this place. I'm a Hilton Gold member so we were upgraded to a room that overlooked Rome. Incredible views. If you're not you might get a room looking the other way which wouldn't be as nice or exciting. Even then, the hotel is incredible. Oh, and I forgot to mention that they also have a small art gallery. I would rank this among one of the best hotels I've ever stayed in, and I've been everywhere.

Room Tip: Be a Gold member of Hilton or spend even more for a room with a view.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
RobertaR0SSI, Front Office Manager at Rome Cavalieri, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2017

Dear David S,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this great review!
All of the Rome Cavalieri team are happy to read that we exceeded your expectations with the hotel and the service received.
We appreciate your kind words and hope you will come back soon.
Yours sincerely,

Reviewed October 16, 2017 via mobile

We had a great experience with the Cavalieri. I began corresponding with the staff in advance of arrival for help with advice and tours. In addition, they helped with having prosecco and strawberries in the room upon arrival to celebrate our anniversary. Our personal concierge, Perrine was even kind enough to hand write a note in my words for my wife to be there with them. Perrine was amazing! She was quick to reply via email prior to our arrival and was also there to help while we were at the hotel. Our room was outstanding! The views of the city from our balcony were breath taking! From our balcony we could see the entire city and on Saturday night we enjoyed a fireworks display from our room. I highly recommend breakfast. The selection was larger than any I have ever seen. Everything was so fresh....and the selection.... We booked 2 tours with the hotel. The first was Senses of Rome which was a private tour of part of the city to include wine and snack tasting along with learning some of the history of the city. Our tour guide was Alex. He was very nice and seemed to enjoy showing us around. We stopped at the Pantheon first and were able to walk through and take photos. From there, we stopped at a few enotecas and a small restaurant specializing in a local appetizer, deep fried cod. The tour was enjoyed, but I must admit that I was surprised that we were not told in advance that any stops were not included in the price of the tour. When we compared prior to arrival the other options specified that all was included....looking back, it would have been nice to have the description of the tour include that it will probably cost >50 euros additional to the tour and taxi. (This tour was booked with David, prior to our being introduced to Perrine.)
Our second tour was of the Vatican....well worth it! We had a private tour for 2 of us with Georgia....She was a wealth of knowledge. From the logistical help of getting in and around quickly and easily....to the depth of her understanding of all we could see. She took all the time we needed to show us what we wanted to see, along with additional things we would not have ever thought to look for while there....i.e. The lower level of the church. We really enjoyed our time with Georgia!

Once again....the Cavalieri is an amazing property. It is worth being a ways out from everything. The views are worth taking the shuttle or a taxi to see the sights! The staff is incredible. Huge thank you to Perrine!

Scott Gruenberg

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Scott G
RobertaR0SSI, Front Office Manager at Rome Cavalieri, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2017

Dear Scott G,
Thank you for your kind words and 5-star rating. We take great pride in providing our guests with an unforgettable luxury experience, and it is a real treat to see that you were impressed with your room accommodation and the service received.
Our guests' satisfaction is very important to us, and we try hard to make sure all our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. Thank you for your kind words and please come back soon.

Reviewed October 16, 2017 via mobile

We stayed 4 nights at the Rome Cavalieri and had a wonderful time.

The hotel is beautiful and very nicely decorated. The service is good especially the shuttle bus driver and his extra 2minutes waiting time for late passengers.

The only negative thing is: The hotel is 20 minutes away from the city centre, you hardly can’t and the shuttle bus drives only every hour.
But still: It’s totally worth to stay at this hotel.

We would go again.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

Dear Sera-fina17,

Reviewed October 15, 2017 via mobile

This hotel has so many added nice touches to make us feel special and very comfortable. The room with the city Rome view with the large patio was wonderful especially on the Saturday evening with the surprise of spectacular fireworks just for the hotel guests. The room had electronic shades to block out the early morning sun and even a door to close for hallway late night noise. The Waldorf truly has an attention to details for the guests from the moment that one is greeted upon arrival to the giant fluffy pillows which by the way you can select your own special pillow from a menu.

The buffet breakfast had numerous choices from many cultures. Dinner at The Pergola was a delicious and amazing experience with the bread cart, various salts and surprise pallet tasting foods between the courses. We had a very memorable meal and would recommend to try to have dinner here during your stay. The restaurant is beautiful with a nice view of the city lights.

Service was excellent from the concierge, front desk, restaurants, maids and even the phone operator ( we had trouble connecting to the restaurant and she took my cell number and ensured she called me back to make my dinner reservation while we were sight seeing).

It's obvious this hotel has excellent leadership as the staff are very service oriented with a smile to their guests and all of the attention to details.

My only recommendation is the staff have better name tags so one can see their name better ( maybe bigger letters).

We will be back!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear BoWrinkleMuff,
Thank you for taking the time to share a review about your recent stay on TripAdvisor. We are delighted to read that you have enjoyed your room, our unique location and the breakfast selection. I will make sure to pass on your warm words to our team; they will be delighted to hear you have enjoyed their service.
We sincerely hope to welcome you back to the Rome Cavalieri.
Warmest regards,