Hotel Hassler
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Hotel Villa San Pio(Rome)(Great Value!)
US$292
US$240
Duca D'Alba Hotel(Rome)(Great Value!)
US$173
US$146
US$311
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Giolli Nazionale(Rome)(Great Value!)
US$170
US$106
Hotel Raffaello(Rome)(Great Value!)
US$200
US$163
  • Breakfast included
Hotel des Artistes(Rome)(Great Value!)
US$188
US$123
Vatican View(Rome)
US$249
US$242
Best Western Hotel President(Rome)(Great Value!)
US$177
US$233
US$205
1,133 results
All reviewsspanish stepsmichelin star restaurantfloor terraceseventh floorconcierge staffluxury hotelwalk in closeteternal citybeautiful hotelvia condottirooftop restaurantdeluxe roombreakfast buffetperfect locationroman holidaypiazza di spagnasmall balcony
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 January 2012

We went to Rome with our 2 children. Hassler has a very good offer as they offer connecting rooms and with a 50% discount on the childrens room. We stayed in room 306 and 308 (grand de luxe rooms). 306 has 2 Windows with a wonderfull wiew to the Church of sct Peter. The rooms are spacius with wooden floors and quite big bathrooms. The interieur is all over old fashioned and in fact a bit ugly, but that is a bit of the charm of the hotel. But it is not trendy and modern.
As you will expect service is perfect in an oldfashioned way. Breakfastbuffet is very nice with a lot of fresh fruit and juices.

And finally the location is unbeatable whatever the purpose of your visit.

Room Tip: Ask for view to the City
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Eriksen90
Reviewed 4 January 2012

Warm, inviting - that's the Hassler. Spending the week before Christmas with the Hassler staff was like being with family. The location, our sleeping room, the fine dining, the "best of the best" Concierge team and the warm and accommodating hospitality of the staff made our stay perfect - we will certainly be back and will recommend the Hassler to our friends and family - absolutely fabulous! We combined a business trip with a quick vacation and the Hassler made sure that we were given the true "Welcome to Italy".

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the Spanish steps - very important to your stay at the Hassler.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 December 2011

It has a unique charme
The staff are all super friendly
comfortable
best location
superior cuisine
what more can you want?! and when I discovered my father used to always come to this hotel when he was traveling to rome, it just means I will have to return.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 December 2011

Our Travel Agent choose this hotel for a quick weekend trip. The location was superb, with good shopping both on the top and below the Spanish Steps. Our room was huge and the service excellent. The bathrooms were particularly nice. It reminded me of how hotels were run in the past: excellent personal service, luxurious, and great attention to detail.

Enjoyed one of the best dinners of my life. A visiting chef from Moscow collaborated with the current chef to host a two night night special dinner event. Food is always amazing in Italy, but this meal was extraordinary!! Each chef alternated plates and it just so happened we were visiting during truffle season...so you can only imagine our taste bud's happiness.

I did experience something strange with the room service. First attempt to contact was unsuccessful, it just rang and rang. Hung up and next call was picked up instantaneously. Happened twice???

Our room was quiet, and I didn't hear any bells, so not sure about that. Prices were expected for this location and type of hotel.

Make sure to ask about Breakfast, because I assumed it was a complete buffet for a set price, but rather certain food areas are included in the breakfast price, but others not. So, since I added a slice of salmon and an egg to my bread, I was charged the big price. A bit confusing, so I would clarify with the hostess.

Overall, a very good experience.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank drddunn
Reviewed 3 December 2011

The Hassler is one of the world's best hotels. The key here is to stay in a suite as the single rooms are too small. One of the best restaurants is on the top floor, with an astounding sunset view of the city. Since you are staying at the hotel, in a suite, you get the best tables. I stayed at the Forum Suite. I've been to Rome about a dozen times, once for over a month. This was my favorite hotel. One day, I was so exhausted, and my feet hurt so badly, I just ordered up some Caprezi salad and a spaghetti a la Amatriciana. Both were the best I ever had. Amazing. Obviously the service is perfect. The rooms exude elegant simplicity. The location is ideal.

Room Tip: Get a suite
  • Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple