All reviewstoilet paperpublic transportplace to staycroissantstramfridgehostel
Reviewed February 13, 2012

our 3 days stay in Pascia was wonderful. the owner Marco was the nicest host we've ever met. he provides all sorts of infomation on transport, weather, tourism...even the best pizza restaurant in the neiboughhood! the room was spacious, clean and there is a common area for guests to hang-out which is really thoughtful.

free wifi, map, even guide books that we took it with us during the three days, what else they cannot think of? :)

we wish to come back again in the future. convey our best wishes to Alex and Cristina!!

Room Tip: there are rooms with private bathrooom and shared bathroom, for us no issue at all to use the shared one.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 20, 2012

We really enjoyed our time here. The rooms are done out nicely and we felt that the girl who worked there really went out of her way to make sure we had everything we needed and gave us loads of helpfull info.
We stayed in this location as it is suposed to be the 'hip' area. Not much going on round there to be honest, but maybe that is because we stayed mid week. Didn't really come across any interesting shops either. It is a bus or tram ride to the centre, but that is simple enough to negotiate.
I reccomend the nearby restaurant 'necci' if you are tire of pizza....

Room Tip: Pink room is at the back and I guess further from the road.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 27, 2011

This bed and breakfast was absolutely fantastic! My best friend and I stayed there for three nights and while we were a little skeptical at first because of the neighboorhood, it ended up being our home away from home. Our host was so adorable and was so helpful with fantastic restaurant suggestions and ideas of where to sightsee. The rooms were clean, roomy, and modern.
While the area seems to be a little sketchy, it is really an up-and-coming place. Within a 20 minute walk, there were a dozen adorable restaurants and, even better, because they're not as touristy, they much less expensive than on the beaten path. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Danielle D
Reviewed November 22, 2011

My bedroom is exactly the room you see above, the blue room! It is clean and the space is far beyond my expectation. My favorite is the great living room. Sitting beside the cute table studying next day's itinerary while enjoy the night Espresso and bread, later had a long and amazing conversation with another girl who travels alone. As a sole traveller choosing staying at a guesthouse, this is exactly what I have expected!!!! Being a guest of a local home not a local house and be around with other guests.

Marco was very nice, he helped me mailing out postcard, sent me SMS to help me figure out how to get there, and help me check out how to get around in the city during the strike.

The breakfast is quite self-service style, everything you need is the fridge. Maybe not everyone's style, but I prefer it because I always get up quite early during travel and be out even before 7 am (During my trip I missed a lot of breakfast because they are served at 8 am or even 9am) .

The biggest and maybe the only challenge is to find the right point to get off the tram to reach here. My suggestion is that you choose stay at the left side of tram and when you see a store named "Supercarni", that is the time to get off.

Anyway, highly recommended.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank Miaonly
Reviewed September 8, 2011

My wife and I stayed here for a week. The main reason was the price, that was much lower than a hotel in the city center. At arrival we thought 'hmm.. was this a good idea?' the area of the B&B is up-coming, so that means it hasn't arrived yet :-) Students and hip young people are mixed with the traditional low/middle class Romans. The entrance is a bit strange, a red gate between some shops.

But no need for doubt! Once you pass the gate, the B&B look very good! Very well done interior, nice breakfast and the coffee is the best! The rooms are big, ours had a private bathroom, free and fast wifi, also in the room, good beds (I'm picky when it comes to beds).

It takes about 20-25 minutes to get to let's say Piazza Venetia or the Coloseum. Busses and trams stop right in front of the B&B and will take you to the nearest metrostation, but also to all the main sights.

The area is great: a few nice and cheap restaurants, where trendy Romans come. Almost no tourists. The food is really good!

But the best thing of this B&B is the owner, Marco, and his wife and sister. He is just a great guy, assisting you where-ever he can. He makes this B&B one happy feel-good place!

One point of critic: you will hear the traffic in your room. But it didn't bother me, we slept like a baby. And of course, there will be noise in most places you stay in Rome.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple