All reviews serviced daily metro station manuela apartment maps airport
Reviewed October 10, 2015 via mobile

Charming, welcoming and perfectly equipped apartment. It's our second time and we would definitely come back!!! Manuela is the best host you can dream of. Thank you again for having us over. The subway station is a couple of steps from the apartment. You can quickly reach all of the "hot" spots in Rome. Ci vediamo :)

Date of stay: October 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 1, 2015

This is the first time I've ever rented an apartment rather than a hotel for a vacation. I may be ruined for hotels.

Manuela is actually a hostesses, not a property manager. She arranged for our airport transport, she met us at the property, she showed us around the apartment and explained everything to us, then she sat with us for almost an hour... with a map, directions, suggestions, and very welcome friendly advice about what to see, where to go, how to stay safe, sane and comfortable in her city. She was absolutely invaluable to us, as we used many of her recommendations, and found all of them to be spot on.

The gold apartment itself was perfect for my husband and me. While I wouldn't call it luxurious, it was totally "home-y" and very much more comfortable for us than a hotel.

Since it had a kitchen, and we prefer to make a lot of our own food, even when traveling, we were able to save money by not dining out at every meal. The housekeeper replenished our "breakfast basket" each day while we were out, and we had so much fun trying all the different packaged pastries that were provided. Italians eat WAY better than Americans. Its true.

The bedroom was quiet and comfortable. While I never do this in hotels, I was able to unpack my suitcase and hang up my clothes in the closet with provided hangers & drawers. There was a safe for valuables that we appreciated. The tables & storage provided enough room for all the "goodies" we bought to bring home. And get this... every morning, we woke up to the absolutely beautiful sound of church bells. You just dont get that where we come from.

The living room had lovely furniture and tons of books... although why you would ever read while on a vacation in Rome, I have no idea. I could have stayed for months and not seen everything I wanted to! I don't think I could sit and read, knowing that the eternal city was out there waiting for me. There was a TV and DVD player with movies that we took advantage of during a couple of evenings when we were worn out from sight seeing all day.

The bathroom was great, and that's a big deal to most American women! Manuela has all the toiletries that I would ever need there for guests' use, and they are the superior quality L'Occitane brand. There was even a hairdryer. The towels were nice and soft, the shower was clean and hot, but maybe just a bit small for my husband (he worked it out anyway, I think). There was a clean toilet and a bidet, which is still a mystery to this American lady.

One of my favorite parts of this apartment was the shared patio area. It was beneath street level, and behind a locked gate. It was small, but was made from pretty terra cotta tile and had a couple of nice seating areas, and it was full of pretty plants, which were well taken care of. This was an awesome place to have a glass of wine in the evening and listen to the sounds of the neighborhood around us. Relaxing.

Speaking of the neighborhood, we found it to be completely charming. It was a 5 minute walk to the St. Agnese/Annibaliano Metro stop, and we could get anywhere we wanted to go very easily. The shops along Via Trieste, Via Asmara and Via Eritrea were wonderful. Gelato, shoes, perfume, clothes, groceries, and pizza (and other restaurants). What else could you need? We particularly appreciated that this area was far enough out to feel "not touristy" but close enough to make it quick and easy to get to what we wanted to see.

Just a completely satisfying and delightful experience. I cannot wait to go back. Thank you, Manuela! I would absolutely stay here again, and I feel emboldened to stay in other apartments when vacationing. Better value and better experience overall.

Date of stay: April 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Meili B
Reviewed April 20, 2015 via mobile

My husband and I recently stayed in the Gold apartment for three nights and couldn't have been more pleased. We took advantage of having Manuela arrange for a driver to pick us up at the airport. Augusto did his best to orient us to the city in his broken English, all the while expertly navigating the chaos that is Roman traffic.
The apartment itself is immaculate and charming. Manuela provided an excellent overview of our immediate area and how to get around the city. The metro is down the street and the Borghese Museum is a 2.2 mile walk.
At Manuela's suggestion, we dined at San Marino's and Dolce, both were excellent, reasonably priced and provided great service.
Even though we traveled during off-season, Rome was still congested with tourists. At the end of the day it was a relief to return to a quiet, crowd-free area to decompress and enjoy a peaceful Italian evening.

Date of stay: April 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank JH91915
Reviewed September 14, 2014 via mobile

Highly recommended!! We stayed 3 nights and we agree with every previous review. Excellent location; local butcher had great streak and (GF) sausages, good coffee accross the road and 2 minutes walk to the metro. We travelled by train to Tivoli for a day trip to see Villa d'este and Hadian's villa. No problem. There is a gem of a restaurant just 2 metro stops away (Policlinico) It is called Il Desiderio di Archestrato. They served the best pasta during our 5 weeks in Italy. The Saint Agnese Catacombes are less than 1 minute walk, undiscovered by the tourist trail. Just the 2 of us were treated to a tour through these extraordinary catacombes. In the blink of an eye you can be in the centre of Rome via the metro and Manuela speaks excellent English and gives great advise for your stay. Thank you Manuela, we were sad to leave.

Date of stay: September 2014
Reviewed August 10, 2014

We are so blessed to stay at the Gold apt. This place is immaculously clean, tastefully decorated & has everything that we need for a comfortable stay. The Saint Agnese metro station, a groceries store, several excellent pizzarias are within 5 mins walking distant from the apt. Although the apt is located outside of Rome's major attactions, it is only 4 metro stops away from Termini station. Manuella is such a sweet host. We consider her as a friend & can't wait to visit her apt again.

Date of stay: July 2014