See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed October 19, 2015

I would like to start with a big “Thank you” to Manuela for helping my wife and I with nearly everything, from travel arrangements within Rome, to having us picked up after our cruise, and for offering her time to help us become acclimated to Rome. Not only does she offer a place to stay, with a reasonable rate, and all of the conveniences you would ever need, but she also offers her help, wherever and whenever she can. Think beyond concierge, because she offers her help with a sincerity which is rarely seen.

That’s the perk you will receive as a customer for her larger apartment, that has free WiFi (ask to move the router closer, it helps), a perfectly sized kitchenette, a family / dining room space, a spacious bedroom for two, a walk-in closet, and free snacks that are refreshed each and every day. For the traveller who wants to experience Rome as a native, you can walk a few steps from the apartment to access the Metro and travel to anywhere in Rome. There’s also a supermarket nearby, a number of restaurants, and treats, all within walking distance - you could honestly live there for at least a month (or two) and the experience would be well worth it!

Room tip: Select the Gold room - and stay for more than a week! It's worth it!
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank John A
Reviewed October 19, 2015

Wonderful, clean, well equipped apartment. Located approx. 2 blocks from the metro, easy to access all the sites, local grocery 3 blocks. Nicely maintain and a great price.
The Dolce restaurant recommended was the best dining experience of our 2 weeks in Europe. The car/driver arranged for airport return was smooth ending to our trip. This rental is at the top of my list compared to many over the years.

Room tip: Gold room was perfect spacious get away from a busy day of touring
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed October 10, 2015 via mobile

Charming, welcoming and perfectly equipped apartment. It's our second time and we would definitely come back!!! Manuela is the best host you can dream of. Thank you again for having us over. The subway station is a couple of steps from the apartment. You can quickly reach all of the "hot" spots in Rome. Ci vediamo :)

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 1, 2015

This is the first time I've ever rented an apartment rather than a hotel for a vacation. I may be ruined for hotels.

Manuela is actually a hostesses, not a property manager. She arranged for our airport transport, she met us at the property, she showed us around the apartment and explained everything to us, then she sat with us for almost an hour... with a map, directions, suggestions, and very welcome friendly advice about what to see, where to go, how to stay safe, sane and comfortable in her city. She was absolutely invaluable to us, as we used many of her recommendations, and found all of them to be spot on.

The gold apartment itself was perfect for my husband and me. While I wouldn't call it luxurious, it was totally "home-y" and very much more comfortable for us than a hotel.

Since it had a kitchen, and we prefer to make a lot of our own food, even when traveling, we were able to save money by not dining out at every meal. The housekeeper replenished our "breakfast basket" each day while we were out, and we had so much fun trying all the different packaged pastries that were provided. Italians eat WAY better than Americans. Its true.

The bedroom was quiet and comfortable. While I never do this in hotels, I was able to unpack my suitcase and hang up my clothes in the closet with provided hangers & drawers. There was a safe for valuables that we appreciated. The tables & storage provided enough room for all the "goodies" we bought to bring home. And get this... every morning, we woke up to the absolutely beautiful sound of church bells. You just dont get that where we come from.

The living room had lovely furniture and tons of books... although why you would ever read while on a vacation in Rome, I have no idea. I could have stayed for months and not seen everything I wanted to! I don't think I could sit and read, knowing that the eternal city was out there waiting for me. There was a TV and DVD player with movies that we took advantage of during a couple of evenings when we were worn out from sight seeing all day.

The bathroom was great, and that's a big deal to most American women! Manuela has all the toiletries that I would ever need there for guests' use, and they are the superior quality L'Occitane brand. There was even a hairdryer. The towels were nice and soft, the shower was clean and hot, but maybe just a bit small for my husband (he worked it out anyway, I think). There was a clean toilet and a bidet, which is still a mystery to this American lady.

One of my favorite parts of this apartment was the shared patio area. It was beneath street level, and behind a locked gate. It was small, but was made from pretty terra cotta tile and had a couple of nice seating areas, and it was full of pretty plants, which were well taken care of. This was an awesome place to have a glass of wine in the evening and listen to the sounds of the neighborhood around us. Relaxing.

Speaking of the neighborhood, we found it to be completely charming. It was a 5 minute walk to the St. Agnese/Annibaliano Metro stop, and we could get anywhere we wanted to go very easily. The shops along Via Trieste, Via Asmara and Via Eritrea were wonderful. Gelato, shoes, perfume, clothes, groceries, and pizza (and other restaurants). What else could you need? We particularly appreciated that this area was far enough out to feel "not touristy" but close enough to make it quick and easy to get to what we wanted to see.

Just a completely satisfying and delightful experience. I cannot wait to go back. Thank you, Manuela! I would absolutely stay here again, and I feel emboldened to stay in other apartments when vacationing. Better value and better experience overall.

Date of stay: April 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Meili B
Reviewed April 20, 2015 via mobile

My husband and I recently stayed in the Gold apartment for three nights and couldn't have been more pleased. We took advantage of having Manuela arrange for a driver to pick us up at the airport. Augusto did his best to orient us to the city in his broken English, all the while expertly navigating the chaos that is Roman traffic.
The apartment itself is immaculate and charming. Manuela provided an excellent overview of our immediate area and how to get around the city. The metro is down the street and the Borghese Museum is a 2.2 mile walk.
At Manuela's suggestion, we dined at San Marino's and Dolce, both were excellent, reasonably priced and provided great service.
Even though we traveled during off-season, Rome was still congested with tourists. At the end of the day it was a relief to return to a quiet, crowd-free area to decompress and enjoy a peaceful Italian evening.

Date of stay: April 2015