Hotel Lancelot
US$237
US$183
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$209/night.

Hotel Italia(Rome)(Great Value!)
US$93
US$80
iQ Hotel Roma(Rome)
US$246
US$229
  • Bar/Lounge
1,935 results
All reviewskhan familysan clementeother guestsfloor terracequiet streetfamily run hotelrick steveswonderful hotelpalatine hillancient romethe hotel staffsmall balconyeach eveningyogurttrip to romefriendly hoteltwo blocks
Reviewed February 24, 2012

I have been staying at the Lancelot for years on my frequent business trips to Rome, and I have always appreciated that it feels like a "home away from home." Many rooms look in to the central courtyard of the block, so your mornings are filled with the sounds of nearby families waking up and starting their day--a lovely, homey thing compared to the touristy isolation of many hotels. The staff are always welcoming and helpful, and it's nice to be remembered when you check in! The rooms are simple but comfortable; I only wish the beds were a bit better. I have always found the pillows a little flat and the mattresses a little harder than I like, and the whole set-up is starting to feel in need of a refresh after these years. But each room has its charming touches. The bathrooms are small and spare but always very clean; the interior-facing rooms with small balconies are my favorites.

The neighborhood is wonderful too -- a small residential area tucked behind the Coliseum that is close to the Forum, Circus Maximus, Baths of Caracalla, San Giovanni in Laterano, FAO Headquarters and bus and metro lines, but is quiet and insulated from all of the bustle. A favorite spot is the Basilica di San Clemente two blocks away, or more precisely the amazing catacombs underneath. Lots of great places to eat and drink in the neighborhood; favorites include Treefolk up the street for an excellent beer selection, Il Pentagrappolo for wine, good food, and live music, and Luzzi's pizzeria.

Bottom line--when I'm in the mood for a little more pampering (and willing to spend a chunk more change), I head to the Hotel Capo d'Africa across the street, but the Lancelot is my go-to place in Rome.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed February 20, 2012

The Hotel Lancelot has been my favorite hotel for years. I have traveled extensively and i find myself comparing my experiences with the attentive staff and fabulous food at the Lancelot in Rome. The hotel is but a few meters from the colosseum and public transportations. I loved the round table meal times that offered great conversation with people from many parts of the world. The hotel is clean, comfortable and safe. i would recommend it a person traveling alone or with a family.
Gwen Hendrickson
Anchorage, Alaska

Room Tip: there is no fitness center.
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed January 29, 2012

We returned to the Hotel Lancelot ( recommended by Rick Steves years ago) after having a great experience there 8 years ago. We were so happy to see that the hotel has maintained high standards and retains that quiet, personal feel. The rooms were very clean and modest but charmingly decorated. The breakfast was plentiful and varied and the service by front staff was extremely accomodating- making reservations, calling taxi's and making recommendations, all appreciated. We started our italian vacation there, were in short walking distance to the sights around the forum, (could see the coliseum from our balcony) and quick access to metro, buses and taxi's. We returned at the end of our vacation and again, were given excellent service and accomodations were great. This is a great little hotel in a great location with reasonable prices and accomodating staff. It will be my "go to" recommendation in Rome for my friends! Very reliable!

Room Tip: A corner room gives you a balcony and 2 windows. The elevator is tiny, so if there are more than two, ask for a lower floor to eliminate walking up and down multiple flights.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank DSuttonRN
Reviewed January 21, 2012

We are a family with two young children and spent a few days at the hotel Lancelot around new year's eve. We had a excellent experience and we would absolutely recommend it.
The main highlight is the quality of service. All our requests were quickly taken care of, the staff always smiling, available, yet very discreet. Employees are versed in different languages and prepared to help with your trip. For example, the reception helped organizing visits to museums, giving us useful tips, making calls and reservations.
We looked at a few rooms and they were of a reasonable size with tasteful interiors, with the exception of the "annex" which we didn't like. We recommend the top floor suite: albeit pricey, the terrace offers the possibility of romantic breakfast with a clear view of the Colosseum, only a few hundred yards away.
Breakfast was abundant and of a good quality, although the offering did not change for the five days we spent there and made it a bit monotone. We had dinner in the hotel only once and it was fine. The menu seemed well selected although less inspired by local cuisine than what we'd have hoped (but I guess you can pick one of the neighboring restaurants for "trippa" and "abbacchio"..). Ambiance of the dining area was pleasant.
The hotel is located in a quiet neighborhood with plenty of restaurants and a handful of shops, including a small but well furnished wine seller. We felt very safe at any time, for example walking back alone to the hotel at one in the morning. As a matter of fact, we found downtown Rome to be very safe.

Room Tip: Top floor suites is best for families. Annex rooms are large but not pleasant
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank Rolando030
Reviewed January 13, 2012

We arrived late at night to a wide awake, completely wonderful staff. Everything at Lancelot was really nice without being ostentatious. COmfortable rooms, lovely breakfast spread, nice bar at night, helpful staff, quiet rooms, great beds. Maybe if I had to find one thing that could be better (just so you don't think I work there!) the sheets are a little rough. But... all things considered, location, rooms, ambience, style, cost... perfect.

Room Tip: Don't feel like you have to rush to breakfast, they keep the tables well stocked until 10:30
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple