Hotel Lancelot
US$333
US$143
US$118
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel des Artistes(Rome)(Great Value!)
US$147
US$337
US$278
  • Bar/Lounge
1,919 results
All reviewskhan familysan clementeother guestsfloor terracequiet streetfamily run hotelrick steveswonderful hotelpalatine hillancient romethe hotel staffsmall balconyeach eveningyogurttrip to rometwo blocksfriendly hotel
Reviewed May 7, 2012

We stayed at the Lancelot for 4 nights and it lived up to its reputation. We had asked online for a car to collect us at the airport and to recommend a place for Sunday luinch. All our enquiries were answered promptly and efficiently by the hotel and the arrangements worked perfectly. 50 euros for a chauffered car for two compared favourably with other alternatives (train + taxi or taxi alone). The staff and the owner Mrs Khan cannot have been more helpful during our stay,not only answering all our questions but asking after our welfare. The round tables for breakfast worked wonderfully and we met with a wide variety of people. We ate in the hotel on one evening and it was freshly cooked with good ingredients and wine supplied.
Overall this conveniently placed hotel,not 600 m from the Colosseo,helped make our stay in Rome. I would recommend it to all.

Reviewed May 6, 2012

We stayed at the Lancelot for 3 nights. The staff was more than helpful in helping us to get around and find restuarants. I cannot say enough nice things about this hotel!!! One of the best I have ever encountered.

Reviewed May 6, 2012

My brother and I took our mother (in her 70s) to Rome for a long weekend and were after a clean, practical hotel - friendly reasonable price; and well located for the sights without being on top of them and in a crowded area. Have a look at the many positive reviews for Lancelot and you get most of what you need. We had a single (for my mother) and a double (for my brother and I) next door (on the 4th floor; courtyard side).

Lancelot was all the things we were looking for. Far enough from the colosseum so that you are out of the immediate traffic. Rooms that give you what you need (including peace and quiet: we had no noise whatsoever) and a fair price. Some nice coffee shops, restaurants and wine bars just round the corner. The staff are really great: they know what they're talking about; always a smile on their faces. Ferris (the ? owner/general manager) is what you want in that job: attentive to his guests without crowding them; constantly looking for ways to make guests' experience better - a real pro.

My advice would be to have supper in the hotel on your first night. There is an easy-going table share scheme so you will sit with others and get a chance to chat, if you want it. That is not to imply that you are in any way pushed to converse with others: you can be as private as you want, but if you fancy getting ideas from others about Rome then here's an easy chance.

So, in short, for us just perfect. Five stars, without reservations, for what it is: a great hotel for the more serious visitor to Rome (although just fine for kids too as long as you're not looking for entertainment for them in the hotel).

Room Tip: The road the hotel is on is pretty quiet, but you could ask for a higher floor and/or not he courtyard (not the street) side, I guess. I wouldn't worry about this too much (but I may be wrong: low down on the road side is possible noisier - I just don't know).
Reviewed May 4, 2012

As many others have stated.... Nicest, friendliest and most helpful staff we've ever run into. Ever. Took care of everything we needed and had great recommendations for things to do, shopping and restaurants.

Additionally, the neighborhood is really nice and quiet. Full of small restaurants and bars.. quiet-ish and much less over run by people than other parts of town and just a few blocks from the Colosseum.

The hotel rooms are on the basic side but very clean, some have nice little balconies or terraces. No fitness room or anything like that but since we were walking 5 miles a day, who cared.. Breakfast was great.

During this trip I also stayed at the Waldorf for a conference. It was beautiful but way out of the way, very expensive and frankly I enjoyed my time at the Lancelot much more. We would absolutely come back again.

Putting together the staff, neighborhood and price for the room, it was a steal. Again, not fancy but great.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ledtau
Reviewed May 1, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed in fancier hotels, with more amenities and higher price tags... But rarely will you ever find more friendly, helpful staff and ownership than at Lancelot Hotel in Rome. The hotel is simple, clean, and inviting. The food is good. The customer service sets this place apart from all the rest. The owners are passionate about making sure their guests have a good time in Rome and anything they can do to help, they will do. I am very impressed and wouldn't hessitate to send friends or family here or return myself.

• Stayed: May 2012