All reviews fourth floor vatican city small hotel wooden door recommend this hotel to anyone minute walk trip to rome mini bar metro station boutique hotel yogurt the air conditioning neighborhood attractions cheese map cappuccino
Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

This hotel truly deserves 5 stars. Staff esp Andrea are really friendly and helpful. They've given an easy overview of how to roam Rome. Clean, nice and comfortable rooms. They actually only put free stuff in the fridge; that's unheard of. Will recommend this hotel to anyone and everyone.

Date of stay: July 2014
2  Thank APSCALE
Reviewed July 12, 2014

Stayed at the Fabio Massimo Design Hotel on my last night in Rome. It is midway between Ottaviano and Lepanto subway stations (approx 300 m away from either) and very convenient. The rooms were clean and surprisingly huge - I had space to lay out my luggage to pack for my return. The best part however is the staff. Besides speaking impeccable English, they went out of the way whenever I hada request. I asked for utensils and ice and the concierge took time to search in the kitchen for it. I asked him to help me get on the channel for the Brazil-Germany match and he patiently came to my room to work that out for me. When I asked for a transfer to the airport, he even told me it would be cheaper for me to get him to call a White Cab. (Btw, it wasn't just him - the person who took over in the morning was equally warm and friendly). It was also reasonably priced especially for a boutique hotel like this one.

Room tip: My room number was 405.
Date of stay: July 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank megabum21
Reviewed June 20, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 3 days in Rome and loved how the staff treated us. They always went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable, from the wall plugs to drinks to coffee to a special made breakfast. The rooms were very clean and the deco was outstanding. The only drawback was that the hotel is in a commercial building and it doesn't have a grand hall or reception area as you'd expect. We were a bit taken back when we walked into a double wooden door of a commercial building to get to the hotel, but since the service and the rooms were so superior, we didn't mind it afterwards. They also had only one elevator and it's very small (fit only 3 people comfortably). These are just very little inconveniences, but the rooms are so great and the staff are so nice, I'd stay here again. And I'd recommend this hotel to anyone coming to Rome, especially with their reasonable prices.

Date of stay: June 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Kathleen N
FabioMassimoDesign, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Fabio Massimo Design Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2014

Dear Kathleen,
your feedback is very important for us. Thank you very much !!!
Regards.

Reviewed May 31, 2014

The Fabio really is a great find in Rome. Before we arrived, the hotel booked us a taxi from the airport. This was good experience and made our arrival at the hotel effortless. (The fee was 55 Euros). The driver was very nice. He also took us back on the return journey. The staff at the hotel all speak excellent English and because the hotel is so small, (about 10 rooms?), the staff never appeared to be too busy, and always made time to talk to us and to help us. They were happy to look things up for us and print things out for us. Our room was overlooking the buildings inner courtyard and was really quiet. There was a big comfortable bed. The bathroom and shower was nice and looked new. The mini bar was free! each day we received 2 bottles of water, 2 cans of Fanta and Coke and 2 small packs of biscuits. This was really handy. The room was spotlessly clean. The free breakfast was small in variety but considering there are only 10 rooms it was reasonable. The hotel tea was actually very nice, which is surprising for a hotel out of England. There was a choice of cereal, fruit juice, ham,egg, cheese, toast and pastries.The hotel is in a quiet part of Rome, about 15 minutes walk from the Vatican and was also less than 5 minutes walk from Lepanto Metro Station. Tickets are 1.50 Euro's for a single journey. The staff were able to suggest a number of nice restaurants in the area. The district itself is not in the centre of Rome and is west of the River Tiber, but its easy to get into the main area either on foot or by Metro. The area that the hotel is in feels very safe and there were no beggars or annoying people trying to sell you things like there are in other parts of Rome. We had a brilliant stay at the Fabio and if we go back to Rome will definitely stay here again. Tips on what to do. The Vatican is a MUST SEE. Make sure you pre book on line. If you don't there will be a huge queue. St Peters Basilica is also a must. There was a queue but it moved quite fast and we only had to wait 15 minutes. It was worth the wait. Do go to the roof for great views. If you want to go out of Rome, then go to the Villa D'Este Gardens at Tivoli. We went there on the train from Tibertina Station in Rome to Tivoli. The return fare for the 2 of us was about £10. The gardens were stunning. Great trip and great hotel.

Date of stay: May 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank Neil W

Dear Neil,
it is very kind of you to write so beautiful things about us. We will wait for you soon.....it will be a pleasure for us to have you as guests again.
Regards.

Reviewed May 30, 2014

Just wanted to thank the staff of the Fabio Massimo, specially Andrea, for helping us with restaurant options and a good highlighted map. Breakfast was very good. And the room was very clean. Small design hotel Excellent service.

Date of stay: May 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank GraceG57

Dear Grace,
thank you and thank you. Andrea as all the Staff was very happy to help your needs.
See you soon.