Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
DesiTrvler
Herndon, Virginia

Great value for money!

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Sep 30, 2023
A quaint little hotel (if you want to call it that) with a character nestled among embassies. Given they are next to many embassies -security is something that you dont have to worry about!.
Super friendly staff when we were there. Call out to Alessandro in particular. He made us feel welcome an
Walking distance from groceries, food and bars. The rooms were decent, bathroom was a stand-in shower that was super tight (this could be a Europe thing). The value for money was good for us as we paid around 100 euros per night and hence I am not taking a star out of this review for the "compact" shower.
Decent continental breakfast and great seating area outside that is quiet and nice.
Date of stay: September 2023
Room Tip: Shower is tight while bathoom itself is spacious. Slightly bigger folks will have issues..
Trip type: Travelled with friends
    C$121
  • Priceline
10.8 km from Villa Pirandello
View more hotels in Rome
All reviews bologna metro station quiet and safe area small hotel located unforgettable stay italian standards breakfast was amazing cold cuts yogurt stayed here for nights visit to rome embassies nomentana neighborhood momart
Selected filters
Reviewed July 27, 2023 via mobile

Dreadful customer service. Wrecked a special weekend with my sisters. Please avoid Villa Pirandello if you want to be treated with respect and courtesy. I would say that the marketing and descriptions of Villa Pirandello are vastly exaggerated. Am so disappointed.

Date of stay: July 2023
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank KTTSouthLondon
Reviewed July 9, 2023 via mobile

The reviews for this hotel raise expectations. And while I agree with most reviews in part, I would also advise that you temper your expectations as this hotel is good but not great. The first problem for me and, based on conversations at breakfast , many others, was the difficulty in finding the hotel. Although I was told repeatedly what a short distance it was from the metro,the university etc, it is nevertheless difficult to find without google maps and lots of direction asking. Second is the state of the hotel; again good and at first sight an oasis of calm in the heat but a bucket to catch drips of water from the ceiling and crumbling paint on the walls, suggests that this oasis could do with a refurb. My room was on the ground floor, and again it was fine. But the room got very hot in the night and the shower did not work. Finally the breakfast; at first glance an excellent spread bustling with choice with one exception; the availability of toast at 8.15am as it had to be collected from the local supermarket ! As I said, the hotel is good and the staff are very well meaning but do not be lured into expecting anything more than average.

Room tip: I would spend more to get a better room and get your own taxi; it will be quicker!
Date of stay: July 2023
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank M4607HWkarenl
Reviewed April 25, 2023

A beautiful 100 years old villa turned into a small hotel located in a quiet area close to Piazza Bologna. I've learnt to avoid loud and crowded city centers so Villa Pirandello seemed to be the best choice. And it was. There were some small hickups, like water on our bathroom's floor after a shower but altogether I'd recommend this place. The staff is amazing and friendly, breakfast room simply gorgeous, breakfast itself quite basic but for Italian standards we can call it a feast. The room is spacious and bed very comfortable. And the bus stop is literally 3 minutes from the hotel. 9/10 from me.

Date of stay: April 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Slawek Z
Reviewed March 2, 2023

My niece and I stayed for 3 nights while we waited on an emergency passport to be issued. We received the warmest welcome from Jacopo. The rooms were beautifully set out, clean and cosy. So close to the embassies, city and shops. Very safe area. We loved this hotel, it provided such a restful stay, and nothing was a challenge for the staff. They bent over backwards for us and were so gracious.

The breakfast was amazing. Great selection of different foods and great coffee. I have Coeliac disease and cannot eat wheat and was so happy to see all the Gluten Free bread and cakes available. Made my day.

An unforgettable stay - highly recommended if in Rome. Thank you Jacopo.

Date of stay: February 2023
1  Thank 29dorothyd
Reviewed September 21, 2022 via mobile

Charming hotel located in a quiet and safe area (Nomentana close to embassies). 10 minutes walk from metro station Bologna and 4-5 stations from Colosseo. Few groceries shops close to Bologna and restaurants (Ciro pizzeria on Piazza Bologna street is the best family owned restaurant where we dined 3 times during our stay).

The hotel owner is very helpful, sympathetic and attentive to our needs. Room are European sizes (we are in the room only to sleep and take a shower after all!) and clean.
Breakfast is continental italien (crostata, cheese, cold cuts, yogurts, croissants, juices, etc) and offer a variety of coffees freshly made for you.
I will definitely return on my trip to Rome.

Date of stay: September 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple