“Brilliant hotel”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Shropshire
“Brilliant hotel”
Reviewed 10 April 2012

We stayed here for 4 nights in March 2012, after having to check out of our initial accomodation due to the poor state we found the hotel in.....

we had a very courteous and pleasant check-in

We had a wonderful Room on the 5th floor, spacious bathroom with huge deep bath ! a large omfortable bed, big TV and stereo system..... our room was decorated to a very high standard and serviced daily...

the breakfast menu was excellent, the staff very friendly, and the hotel had a very well stocked bar, at excellent prices, with superb staff. Nibbles were laid on every evening for guests.

Plenty of decent local venues to wine and dine in, and close to 2 x metro stops make it acessible to the whole city

We both really enjoyed our staye here and have already recommended it to other friends visiting rome in the future

definitely worth paying that little bot more for !!!

5 Thank Shr0pshirelad

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (256)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Bonn, Germany
Reviewed 8 April 2012

Our family had 3 nights here and we loved the great location. Nearest Metro is just around the block and 1 stop from Termini which links the 2 lines. We were welcomed by friendly staff who told us about the complimentary snacks in the bar from 4pm until 11pm which were a hit with our tired and hungry kids after a long drive. Bar prices were excellent and the atmosphere was nice and relaxing. The room was large with a big 4 poster bed plus 2 full size single beds for the kids. Free wifi also handy. Only downside was no minibar fridge in the room, making it inconvenient if you felt like a cold drink during the night. Buffet breakfast was good with friendly waiters looking after our every need. One in particular remembered our kids preferences for drinks which was a nice touch. Overall a great experience and definitely recommend for families.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Jackal2221
The Hague, The Netherlands
Reviewed 7 April 2012

Modern clean rooms, excellent service by desk clerks. During my stay I bruised my ankle at the Forum Romanum and the friendly desk clerk provided a wheel chair so we were able to have another great day in the city of Rome.
I will return to this hotel, also because of their fresh and excellent breakfast buffet!

Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 6 April 2012

I stayed in this hotel last year of the same month. I could have ranked this hotel a 5 star but I decided not to because of some things that happened when I arrived.
I arrived Rome via Cathay Pacific Airways flight 293, which left Hong Kong at 1205 and arriving in Rome after 13 hours which gave you a real tiring experience. Eventually, I arrived Rome at 730 local time and by 900, I was already at the hotel. I didn't expect to be accommodated right away but I was expecting a little courtesy from the front desk. The front desk could be in bad mood during that time and was answering me rudely the whole time. So I left and had breakfast at the nearest opened restaurant which was a couple of blocks from the hotel. By 1000, I was back at the hotel and just waited patiently till an assistant approached us to be in our room by 1100.
Well, I stayed in this hotel again because of its location and its rooms. I wasn't disappointed with how the rooms was presented but some things are missing, like having only a pair of room slippers or maybe requesting an electric adaptor to charge my gadgets which I was able to borrow last year.
Anyway, it could have had a 5 star experience if not for the service flaws. Still recommended but hopefully will have a better courtesy from their staff next time.

Room Tip: Free Internet
1 Thank JopetSy
Reviewed 6 April 2012

Nice room, nice people, good breakfast buffet and well located for Termini. Will definitely stay here again

1 Thank Corporatemonkey57
Macclesfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 April 2012

Do not be put off by the 3 star ratings. Probably due to it not providing an evening meal and having no swimming pool. This hotel is exceptional for a 3 star. Beautifully decorated, well staffed, excellent rooms, 1st class breakfast, buffet style. Close to the main train and bus terminus also.

Room Tip: We stayed in 424 and it was extremely comfortable and quiet. The double glazing is wonderful.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank veron020
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 March 2012

My partner and I had gotten ourselves extremely lost and didnt even know the name of our hotel (give me the 'dunce' hat, i know), with a flat battery on the mobile were unable to access our emails. Finally we walked in to the Best Western and the very lovely staff aloud us to use their guests computer to get back on track, saved us walking around clueless for a further 2 hours :)
what i did see of the hotel was amazing

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple