Rome Marriott Grand Hotel Flora
US$236
Hotel Raffaello(Rome)(Great Value!)
US$114
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$128/night.

US$138
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Italia(Rome)(Great Value!)
US$108
  • Breakfast included
Hotel des Artistes(Rome)(Great Value!)
US$120
US$71
Agoda.com
  • Free Internet
Hotel Artemide(Rome)
US$322
  • Restaurant
1,605 results
All reviewsvia venetoborghese gardensharry's barspanish stepsrooftop breakfastroman walltop floorfront desk staffamerican embassyking bedjunior suitearound the corneran upgradevery nice hotelturn down servicehotel restaurantfive nights
Reviewed November 29, 2017

A really nice hotel in a really nice location.
Reading other reviews I was hesitant to book here but im really glad I did.
Both my rooms were renovated. Both had coffee makers, a plus.
Junior suite had a huge terrace
Bathroom had a separate shower.
Very clean, nice linens.
Staff was very nice, concierge great.
Breakfast buffet was nice but could be improved, thus 4 stars
Recommend

Room Tip: Junior suite
Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed November 26, 2017

We just recently spent 4 nights at the Rome Marriott Grand Flora and enjoyed our stay. Rome is not the world's easiest city to navigate so we were surprised at how close the hotel is to almost everything we wanted to see. It's a brief walk to Piazza Barberini, where there is a subway station and not much farther to Piazza di Spagna (the famed Spanish Steps and another subway station, Spagna). The hotel is also very close to the Villa Borghese park, which also has the Borghese Gallery. The last time we were in Rome, we stayed farther out; it was a different situation entirely being able to walk wherever we wanted to go.

The rooms are comfortable. Although the hotel does not have a spa or pool, it somewhat makes up for it by providing a Jacuzzi tub, at least in our room. Traffic noise, even though the streets in the area are busy, was minimal because the windows were double or triple pane and blocked out most of the sound.

The hotel has a fine dining restaurant that we tried one night. Although it was expensive, the food and service were both excellent. Breakfast is available on the top (8th) floor terrace, with views across the city. It was very good and the people working in the breakfast area always smiled and seemed to remember us.

One thing you might like to know is that although Via Veneto is just one lane of traffic in each direction in front of the hotel, it can be quite busy and there is not a traffic light to help you cross the street. However, we found that if we made our intentions known, drivers did respect the crosswalk and would stop long enough for us to get across. There are traffic lights a couple of blocks down, however.

We arrived quite early in the day (about 10 am) and not surprisingly, our room was not ready yet. The front desk was very busy and there was no separate line for Marriott Rewards members or elite members so it entailed a bit of a wait. When we left, we could not get a final bill because it was the wee hours of the morning and the computer system was down. I still haven't seen a copy of our bill, even though I requested it twice. The hotel would not be easy for anyone who cannot navigate stairs as one must negotiate a few of them to get to the one elevator in the property.

All of the above said, I would not hesitate to stay here again. We found the staff and service to be warm and friendly. This hotel has its imperfections but overall, it was a good choice in a good location and we enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: If you get a room facing the Via Veneto and are high enough up, you should have an excellent view of the city.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed November 26, 2017 via mobile

I chose this hotel because of its location and some good reviews I saw on this site. The hotel is located next to the Borghese gardens on the Via Veneto.

It was a choice I will not make again in future. The staff in the hotel try hard to be helpful, but it is hard when the underlying product is bad. The rooms, food, gym etc.

Starting with the rooms - they are small and in need of renovations. The bathrooms have an ugly orange marble that may have been fashionable in the eighties, but have outlived its useful life. My room had a foul odour which the hotel sought to fix by spraying the curtains with a sweet smelling “deodoriser”. It was also located next to an ice machine complete with plastic bags and ice bucket. For me these are not what I expect in a five star hotel

The best part of the breakfast is the view - from atop the hotel with views of the city. The food is mediocre and absolutely not worth the calories. The staff are warm and seem to genuinely care, but the food quality is more akin with a bad conference hotel.

The gym is small and stuffy with a few options for cardio.

The hotel has the feel of an awful conference/business hotel that is probably great in the middle of America and not of the very stylish Via Veneto.

I will not return to this hotel.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
7  Thank Lifesowelltravelled
Santina I, GM Assistant at Rome Marriott Grand Hotel Flora, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2017

Dear Valued Guest,
thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Rome Marriott Grand Hotel Flora.
We extremely regret to read from your comments that you were not satisfied of the services of our hotel, that, please, allow me to clarify is a 4* hotel.
We have different room typologies that distinguished by size, space layout, and furnishings, from the smaller Classic Rooms for single use to our Presidential Suites, very large, with a refined style and equipped with every comfort to satisfy our demanding guests. Each room is carefully inspected on a daily basis by our Housekeeping staff, to ensure all equipments, amenities and the overall ambience are suitable to welcome the guest. In case of any unexpected inconvenience that may occur, our Housekeeping staff is available for immediate assistance.
We are sorry you did not appreciate our varied buffet breakfast, that offers fresh and seasonal products, in line with Marriott standards.
We are delighted to know that you loved our roof top terrace with a breathtaking view over the Eternal City and Villa Borghese Park.

We hope that you can reconsider your position about us, by returing to visit us and let you live a new gastronomic experience at our Flora Restaurant, our newly opened gourmet Restaurant. We are certain you will be enthusiastic!

Best regards,
Chiara Maggiore
GM Assistant

Reviewed November 23, 2017 via mobile

The most unpleasant experience that I’ve encounter in my entire life. After I made my booking online (via Marriott website) I received a email (2days later) from management, informing me that they cannot accommodate me at the price that I booked and they will cancel my reservation and reinstate it at 4x more per night.

Called right away and ask to speak with someone from management, their answer was “the gm is the owner and no one gets to talk to him”!

If I have a choice of staying for free at this location/hotel or sleep in a tent, I’ll choose tent.

Customer service is non-existent and the management is money driven.

When in Rome for a hassle free experience just STAY away from this place, scroll down on this reviews website and see it for yourself about this scammy management and the customer support you’ll get here.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
10  Thank Michael I
Santina I, Front Office Manager at Rome Marriott Grand Hotel Flora, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2017

Dear Mr. Michael,

We are very sorry to know we did not meet your expectations during your booking process. Due to a technical problem on the booking Marriott website we quickly informed you we could not confirm your reservation at the rate previuosly chosen; However we would also kindly inform you that Hotel Management offered you the best available rates for the dates requested.
We do apologize for any inconvenience it might have caused you and we hope to get a second chance to accommodate you soon at the Rome Marriott Grand Hotel Flora!

Reviewed November 21, 2017

The WORST Marriott, I have visited. I am a Platinum member. Their primary goal is how to squeeze more money out of the dumb tourists: a guest must pay for the sauna?! THERE IS NO LOUNGE. THE ROOFTOP RESTAURANT IS CLOSED except for "private parties"??? THERE IS NO EXEC LOUNGE??? I was given a SPECIAL GIFT... a bottle of water.. A BOTTLE OF WATER! The MANAGEMENT ARE COMPLETE idiots. It is not even worth staying here for the points. MARRIOTT should not lend their name to this fiasco.

Room Tip: No room. Avoid this hotel.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
12  Thank TOMAS P
Santina I, GM Assistant at Rome Marriott Grand Hotel Flora, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2017

Dear Mr. Tomas,
thank you for sharing your valuable comments on TripAdvisor about your recent experience with at the Rome Marriott Grand Hotel Flora.
We are extremely sorry to read such severe comments and words to express your dissatisfaction. Please, allow me to clarify that our hotel does not have an executive Lounge, a service that is not mentioned on our website. However, Platinum and Gold members are offered a choice of complimentary Breakfast for two or 750 points a day in case of reservations with accommodation only, as expected by Marriott Rewards Program, in case Lounge is not available. Furthermore, I would like to assure that the benefits reserved to you were perfectly in line with the Rewards Program, that however, does not include the free access to the sauna.
Our Roof Top terrace is reserved for breakfast service and accessible throughout the day for a drink or cocktail whilst enjoying the breathtaking view over Villa Borghese Park. It is available for lunch and dinner only for private events. For all our guests is available our Salone Dolce Vita restaurant, located on the ground floor, and Flora Restaurant, our new Gourmet restaurant, recently opened, that aims to offer a high quality gastronomic experience, enhancing the Mediterranean cuisine.

We all hope to have the opportunity to serve you again to reconsider your position about us!

Best regards,