Hotel Raffaello(Rome)(Great Value!)
Book now, pay at stay
US$98
US$89
Savings alert! 39% below average rates

The price you found is 39% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$147/night.

US$193
US$152
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$181/night.

Hotel Colosseum(Rome)
US$123
US$91
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 58% below average rates

The price you found is 58% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$216/night.

US$117
US$102
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$121/night.

Hotel Artemide(Rome)
US$293
US$213
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$275/night.

US$173
Hotel Italia(Rome)(Great Value!)
US$61
US$50
  • Breakfast included
Hotel des Artistes(Rome)(Great Value!)
US$84
US$59
  • Free Internet
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$70/night.

Barocco Hotel(Rome)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$384
US$311
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsvia condottihead conciergespanish stepsbond barmassimo mazzolaclassic decorationperfect locationinternational callsfive star hotelconcierge teamhistoric hotelevery guestpublic spacesantique furniturebreakfast buffet was excellentan updatevisited this hotel
Reviewed November 13, 2017

This hotel lived up to my hopes. If you are a fan of beautiful old hotels (and willing to pay for) that have been modernized to be functional without the loss of style, charm and personal service, this place is for you. We splurged on a suite and enjoyed the extra space and light from the windows. Rooms aren't huge by American standards but are good sized given the location, which couldn't be better - at the base of the Spanish Steps in the middle of restaurants, shopping, and close to all sightseeing. The service is outstanding throughout. The head concierge, Massimo, is someone every five star hotel should have - attentive, courteous, knowledgeable and efficient. The rooms were very clean, comfortable and well equipped and remarkably quiet. The only negative is that the continental breakfast could use a little upgrading. One last thing - the hotel still uses actual, heavy (ish) keys that should be dropped at the front desk when going out and picked up on return, This is not a problem and to the contrary increases the feeling of security and personal attention.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Massimo M, General Manager at Hotel d'Inghilterra Roma - Starhotels Collezione, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2017

Dear Mrs. Catherine,
following your recent stay here at the Hotel d'Inghilterra Starhotels Collezione, I would like to thank you for having taken the time to write your feedback in such a complimentary way. I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay so much and delighted to know that our Team were able to contribute to a memorable stay. I have shared your kind praises with Massimo and all my staff. I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you to the Hotel d'Inghilterra Starhotels Collezione in the near future.
Kind regards,

Reviewed October 29, 2017

I would like to quote from the book "Thousand wonderful places to see before we die" - the best boutique hotel in Rome.
This small hotel has a central location, which was part of the "Grand Tour" of Rome long before the Valentino and Gucci shops began to appear around it.
There is magic and brilliance here with a taste of the past.
Every word in the quote above is correct, and reflects my feelings.
Art objects are scattered through the corridors of the hotel, the library, and the lobby,
The service was excellent, courteous, and professional.
The breakfasts were pleasant and tasty..
The hotel offers free use of the hotel's smart phone with free internet access and a free dial-up service,This is a fantastic service, plus free Wi-Fi for the guest's device.

Room Tip: Junior suite 372 was very nice and comfortable
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rony H
Massimo M, General Manager at Hotel d'Inghilterra Roma - Starhotels Collezione, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2017

Dear Guest, following your recent stay here at the Hotel d'Inghilterra Starhotels Collezione, I would like to thank you for having taken the time to share your great comment on TripAdvisor. We value greatly such encouraging and complimentary feedback which allow us to focus on the important issues of guest service and personal attention. I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again to the Hotel d'Inghilterra Starhotels in the near future.
KInd regards

Reviewed October 28, 2017 via mobile

First my review: best location in Rome, tucked near the Spanish Steps amidst every luxury retailer on earth. Serenaded to sleep by a talented saxophonist. Charming sitting rooms, fast free wifi, spa-like bathroom.
Others' reviews: I wonder if we stayed at the same hotel. :-( this was spotless, luxurious and updated.
I found my go-to hotel in Rome. Haven't been happy with others lately. But this one's a winner!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest, following your recent stay here at the Hotel d'Inghilterra Starhotels Collezione, I would like to thank you for having taken your time to write your comment in such a complimentary way. I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your visit and I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again to the Hotel d'Inghilterra Starhotels Collezione in the near future. Yours sincerely, Massimo Colli General Manager

Reviewed October 27, 2017

We paid around 1400 euros for 3 nights for a classic room. Which is much more than normally cost 3-nights for this hotel is. On arrival, we got a room on the 1st floor, next to the elevator. Room was dark and very old (old not like old style), and just above the restaurant, where guest stay till midnight . we asked for a another room. This is definitely not what we expected for the price! We choose another room. This one was on the 5th floor with a balcony, lighter and more pleasant. However, still not for that price! Hotel and rooms are old, smells, bathrooms are full of mold!!!! Absolutely not comparable with the small boutique hotels in Rome, which you will find a tenth of the price and will be renovated, nicer and cleaner. As for the services in the breakfast , this is not a strong site of the hotel. Hostess in the breakfast was unpleasant for all 3 days! The breakfast was ok, but nothing extra. Absolutely BIG NO for this hotel!!! The room was dark, and there was broken light in the corridor for 3 days, and no one repaired it? The housekeeping probably does not need light.Only one plus is great location between Via del Corso and Via Dei Condotti. Hotel need reconstruction ASAP!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank E1492

Dear Guest , following your recent stay here at the Hotel d'Inghilterra Starhotels Collezione, I would like to thank you for your comment. I wish to express my sincere apologies for the appalling condition of the room you were allocated. Indeed, I have personally requested that our Housekeeping team review exactly why so many areas of cleanliness had been overlooked. We must ensure at all times strict supervision of room preparation. Your room should have been in perfect condition and I am so sorry we failed to meet your expectation. Please be so kind also to let us the opportunity to inform you that we are currently working on a major renovation project to make this unique property even more exclusive. I would be delighted to have the opportunity of welcoming you back personally and sincerely hope you will give us the opportunity to show that we really can do much better.
Best Regards,

Reviewed October 24, 2017 via mobile

It is located in a walking distance to the most of Rome attractions, as well as good restaurants and bars. And if that isn’t enough, the hotel’s location puts you just a couple of blocks from the Spanish Steps and around the corner from one of Rome’s most fashionable streets.

This hotel has a nice restaurant with friendly services. Love to sit down outside having wine and cocktails after the city tour and great shopping.

The entrance, reception lobby and library are beautifully designed. Our bedroom is pretty nice with a little terrace, but we found buckled plaster around an old leak in the ceiling. They do not clean your room unless you make a call. They do not vacuum the floor either. Very unhappy with the poor service of the housekeeping.

It should be better if the Hotel Management pay more attention with what the housekeeping do during their working hours.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest, following your recent stay here at the Hotel d'Inghilterra Starhotels Collezione, I would like to thank you for having taken the time to write your comment. I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your visit and very pleased to read your great comment about our Team. I wish also to express my sincere apologies for the poor service of the housekeeping, certaly the service did not meet with our usual standars. I have shared your comment with our Executive Housekeeper and her Team to take immediate action. I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again to the Hotel d'Inghilterra in the near future.
Kind regards,