Barocco Hotel
Hotel Italia(Rome)(Great Value!)
US$344
US$302
  • Breakfast included
Hotel des Artistes(Rome)(Great Value!)
US$143
US$127
  • Free Internet
iQ Hotel Roma(Rome)
US$321
US$272
  • Bar/Lounge
3,119 results
All reviewspiazza barberinitrevi fountainspanish stepshandwritten notebowl of fruitwithin walking distanceside streetthe hotel staffturn down servicewonderful hotelour honeymoonbreakfast was amazingdinner reservationsbottle of proseccopastriesmetro stoptaxi stand
Reviewed March 10, 2012

What a lovely hotel. I booked on the basis of the reviews on here and we weren't disappointed. This is a fantastic hotel.

The staff were all very friendly and willing to give help wherever needed. They were a pleasure to deal with. The breakfast was lovely as well. Freshly cooked eggs are available alongside a number of different meats, breads and cheeses. There was also a selection of cereals and done yoghurt. Lovely.

Where this hotel really came into its own was with the little touches you often don't get with a large chain. They really take advantage of being a smallish hotel. The bedroom was set up really well with a complimentary plate of fruit as well as a fresh flower being used to decorated the bed. Maids were in twice a day to make sure everything was great. We were also particularly impressed with having some complimentary pastries/biscuits on our last night when we returned to our room along with a handwritten note from the manager thanking us for staying with them.

A great hotel. If we're in Rome again we'll be making the Barocco Hotel our first port of call.

Room Tip: Not sure there are any bad rooms!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 7, 2012

I just don't get it. I read all these wonderful reviews, and this is the first time that Trip Advisor has let me down. First of all, there is no lobby. It's like checking into a motel. The people behind the desk are so unhelpful. At best they have 2 recommendations for dinner. Impossible to converse with them and it wasn't a language barrier. The room was so HOT, and the street so noisy, that you cannot open the windows. There is no air circulation, and sleep was impossible. Yes, there is a nice breakfast, in rooms with no windows. Yes, it was clean, and the bathroom was modern. At this time of year Rome is quite empty, as was this hotel. Do yourself a favor, and find an alternative.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
12  Thank Sunlover55
francocaruso, Direttore generale at Barocco Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2012

Dear Guest,

I must contradict you, for the sake of clarity, and state that this is not the first time you have been let down by Trip Advisor. More precisely, by reading your profile, it is quite clear that you have been let down by Trip Advisor at every hotel you have stayed at, with the exception of only one. Your comments appear to be very similar in tone and description always awarding the hotels where you have stayed 1 or 2 stars.

I am writing to you whilst on a trip in London, after having been contacted by the Resident Manager of the Barocco Hotel in Rome. As I have always said to my staff, it is not important whether to be right or wrong. When a guest complains about the hotel, the very fact that the guest is complaining is, for us, an indication that we were unable to meet the needs of that guest and for this I am sorry.

Having said this, it is necessary to analyse the essence of your complaint:

- in regards to the level of friendliness of the Reception staff, this can be ascertained by the numerous comments we have received until today. Comments which show a high level of satisfaction when it comes to service and assistance;

- those who will book in the future can come and see for themselves that the breakfast room has 4 windows. We will publish on our facebook page a photos of this room;

- the street noise is very remote in room 52, which is located not on the main piazza but on a side street and on the 5th floor. In fact, after your arrival you requested to change the room and selected one which better satisfied your need for twin beds and quietness. Having said this, we are in the very heart of Rome and not in the countryside so some noise will always be present.

As always, I welcome the Trip Advisor Community to draw their own conclusions.

Franco Caruso
Hotel Barocco

Reviewed March 7, 2012

We just got back from a week at the Barocco. It was an absolutely lovely stay! The rooms were impeccable! The breakfast was far beyond our expectations with fresh meats and cheeses as well as fresh baked tarts and pastries and of course bread! The concierge was very helpful in helping us to pick out some local restaurants and meeting our every need! I will most definitely stay at the Barocco again. Also, the location is steps away from the Metro so if you are going to use the public transportation to get around it is perfect! I am not one to write reviews unless the experience was exceptional and this hotel is an exception!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gizmo16304
Reviewed March 2, 2012

Have just returned from a three day trip to Rome and stayed at the Barocco. The service and accommodation was top notch. In particular the breakfast buffet was exceptional and kept us going all day. Thoroughly recommended!!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed March 1, 2012

My husband and I just returned from Rome, enjoying 7 wonderful nights at the Hotel Barocco. Thank you to all of the previous posters who spoke highly of this property. It is very well run, spotlessly clean, and ideally located. The entrance is off of a small side street, a few steps off of the Piazza Barberini. The "Barberini" Metro stop on the Red line, is a 2 minute walk away. (We saved a ton of $ using the Metro vs. taxis, unlike our last trip to Rome when we didn't know any better. Definitely use the Metro; it's clean, safe, and easy).
The entrance is nothing special; in fact, my first impression was "uh oh, I hope I didn't make a mistake". Our superior room was lovely, but a little small. When I inquired as to whether it was a superior or standard room, the woman who showed us to the room took my question as dissatisfaction and called the front desk. A few minutes later, we were shown a deluxe room and were told it was ours for the same rate. Excellent customer service and gorgeous room! Spacious room, beautiful furnishings, clean carpet (I walked around barefoot- big deal for me), king sized bed, large marble bath, quiet location. Also appreciated the plate of fresh fruit that welcomed us.
Breakfast was wonderful. Set up down one flight from the "lobby", you could help yourself to: fresh cheese and breads, jams and nutella, pastries, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, cereals, juices, charcuterie and then sit down in one of several rooms, each set up with several clothed tables. A server would bring your coffee, etc.. and ask if you wanted anything off their "hot" menu - eggs, omelets, bacon. Really, really, nice.
With the exception of one concierge, who we referred to as "Mr. Happy", the staff was friendly and helpful in making and canceling dinner reservations, checking our flight, and arranging our transportation to and from the airport (we used their private airport transportation service both ways and were happy - driver was punctual, friendly, safe). It turned out that our flight home was canceled due to a strike, and we needed to stay another night. They were fully booked, but assured us they would help us find another room. The next morning, they received a cancellation and allowed us to stay another night in our beautiful room. Highly recommend and hope to return.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family