Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Christina C

Nice little hotel but not great location

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Dec 29, 2023
This is a cute little hotel with a tram and bus line right down the street. Unfortunately it's not really located next to much in terms of restaurants and attractions, so you'll have to travel to see and do what you want (for example, it takes about an hour by tram and bus to get to Vatican City). The good news is that bus tickets are cheap! There's also a small grocery store across the street. Our room was small but adequate , and we didn't spend much time in it anyways. Anna at the front desk was so very friendly and helpful! I don't know that we'd stay here again, just due to the location alone, but we were happy the two nights we spent here!
3.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
4.0 of 5 bubblesService
Responded Jan 3, 2024
Dear Christina,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your stay with us. We're glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We understand that the location might not be ideal for those looking for proximity to specific attractions, and we appreciate your feedback on that aspect. It's wonderful to know that Anna at the front desk made a positive impression with her friendliness and helpfulness.
We'd love the opportunity to host you again and make your stay even more enjoyable.

C$395
    C$138
11.1 km from Hilton Garden Inn Rome Claridge
View more hotels in Rome
1,522 results
All reviews villa borghese laundry room residential area the hotel staff tourist sites hotel is located quiet location vatican city yogurt tram balcony tigre parioli euros supermarket tickets taxis
Selected filters
Reviewed December 18, 2023

Unprofessional and cold staff.
Who chooses who to smile at because not everyone deserves their smile
When we arrived by taxi, the gentleman at the reception who was outside saw us and quickly entered the hotel. Leaving us struggle with our luggage and baby plus stroller.
The other staff the following days were not better.
The hotel is kind of clean overall but far from everything. You must plan for taxi costs which are not negligible. Not the best plan if you want to enjoy the city and visit.
The rooms are narrow, do not reflect the photos. they keep traces of dirt from the previous occupants. We also had issues with the heater defaulting to heating mode but too hot for us.
Breakfast and food not great, everything basic. Fortunately, we have a few restaurants not far away.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Stefania Pesci, Proprietario at Hilton Garden Inn Rome Claridge, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2023

Dear Sergea,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us, and we sincerely apologize for the issues you encountered during your stay. Providing warm and attentive service is a priority for us, and we regret that we fell short in this regard. We are also sorry to hear about the cleanliness issues in your room. This is not the standard we aim to uphold and for which we are known; we will investigate and rectify this matter immediately. It's disheartening to hear about the discomfort due to the room temperature. We wish you had reached out to our team with your concerns while you were here, they would have provide assistance to ensure you the best comfort.
Regarding the breakfast and food, we apologize that it did not meet your expectations. We will review our offerings to ensure we provide a more satisfying dining experience.
We value your insights and hope to have the opportunity to better serve you in the future.

Reviewed December 13, 2023 via mobile

My family loved our stay at the HGI Rome Claridge. Rooms were decent sized(small of course but nowhere near the smallest I have seen in Europe) and well furnished. The hotel breakfast is great and well above typical for hotels in Italy. The restaurant is open for lunch and dinner as well, food was good and actually cheaper than typical hotels which was a pleasant surprise. The hotel is a little bit away from the downtown areas but it’s in a great neighborhood with lots of restaurants around that are frequented by locals versus clogged with other tourists. Close to the Borghese Gallery and the Zoo. There are buses there stop close to the hotel. We typically took taxis into downtown in the morning using the free now App then did the long walk back to the hotel at night to burn off some of that good Italian food. Only downside of this property is the pickup and drop off area is tight because lots of cars are parked around.

Room tip: Check in early if possible. See lots of people waiting to check in the afternoon and lines can develop.

Dear ericroebuck,

Thank you for sharing your positive experience at our property. We are delighted to hear that you loved your stay with us.
It's great to know that you found the rooms well-furnished, and that our breakfast exceeded your expectaions. Regarding the tight pickup and drop-off area, we apologize for any inconvenience. Your feedback is valuable, and we'll explore ways to improve this aspect of the guest experience.

We look forward to hosting your family again on your future visits to Rome.

Reviewed November 23, 2023

I arrived with several other people and checked in at the same time. Wendy were all booked by the same cruise line. Their rooms were all ready, mine was not. I was told I would have to wait an hour because mine room was being cleaned. Check in was at 2pm, it was 1:45pm. Many people came in after me to check in and all had rooms ready.

My room is finally ready and I walk in and it smells so bad that I almost vomit. Coincidentally, that is how the room smells. It was horrible.

I went to the front desk and told them that the room smells awful. They lady I spoke with was not rude. She told me to wait one second and she asked who I think was the manager who was not very nice. They told me to go remove my bags and come back and get a new key. I got my bags, went down to the desk, handed a key and they said nothing. No apology nothing.

I go to the new room, doesn’t smell but was not that clean. I used a colored wipe to clean the table and desk and it was filthy after cleaning 3 things. The bath tub was also dirty.

I had lunch in the hotel restaurant and ordered a pasta and pesto dish. It was so salty that I could only eat one bite. It was not edible. The server ask what was wrong and I told him that it was salty and I couldn’t eat it. This was after someone else had just told him their pasta was too salty. I was charged for my dish even though it was not edible. They also charged me for 2 bottles of water from the shop when I only had one. When I told them that I didn’t eat the lunch and only had one water they keep asking me if I had two lunch’s and 2 purchases from the shop. I had to explain to them 3 times what happened and what I got from the shop. They even went to go ask the restaurant about my lunch as if I was not telling the truth.

I didn’t not care for their hotel and if I could go back I would definitely chose a different place to stay.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Stefania Pesci, Proprietario at Hilton Garden Inn Rome Claridge, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2023

Dear Nice,

Thank you for sharing your experience in such detail, and we sincerely apologize for not meeting your expectations.
We are committed to providing exceptional service with the goal of delivering that sense of comfort and happiness that every guest deserves. We are saddened that we did not achieve this in your case. Your feedback is valuable to us, and we will treasure it as a means of improvement.
We hope you will consider giving us another opportunity to serve you better in the future.

Best regards

Reviewed November 16, 2023 via mobile

I decided to stay here for a few days, for family reasons. I like the location, it’s a busy residential area but close to the centre. The hotel is cosy, clean and functional. Rooms are spacious with a nice big terrace. The staff was very pleasant. I had no particular expectations and I was pleasantly surprised.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Stefania Pesci, Proprietario at Hilton Garden Inn Rome Claridge, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2023

Dear Escape,

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with us. We are glad to know that you found our hotel to be cozy and clean, and that the spacious room with terrace added to your satisfaction.We are thrilled that our team contributed to your positive experience.
We hope to have the pleasure of hosting you again in the future.

Kind regards

Reviewed November 8, 2023 via mobile

Rooms are clean, housekeeping does a good job.
Just wanted to thank the helpful staff that help me during my stay! So professional & patient and help always given with a smile.
Daniel, Giula, Alessandro, & the sweet girl with the glasses always making sure we got a taxi/bus. Also thanks to person responsible for replying to my emails prior to my stay. Grazie!!!

Trip type: Travelled with family
Stefania Pesci, Proprietario at Hilton Garden Inn Rome Claridge, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2023

Dear UyenC,

Thank you for your review. We are thrilled to hear that you had a positive experience during your stay. We believe that a great staff makes a stay memorable, and we are delighted our team, particularly Daniel, Giulia and Alessandro, made a positive impact on your visit. It's fantastic that you found our rooms clean and appreciated the excellent work of our housekeeping team.
We can't wait to welcome you back on your next visit.

Kind regards