“Great Place to Stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Papaya Female Hostel
Ranked #190 of 1,093 Speciality Lodging in Rome
York, United Kingdom
“Great Place to Stay”
Reviewed 20 November 2011

I really enjoyed my stay here. There was 2 computers for use. A kitchen area. 3 bathroom and another for the larger room. It's an all female hostel which is even more amazing. The lady was really nice when I checked in and showed me all the locations that I should go too. She also recommended a restaurant called Steak House which is just around the corner from the hostel and it was a superb restaurant. She even let me keep my keys after check out so that my luggage was stored in a my room and not the kitchen. Towels are a euro and all the girls there were really friendly when I was there. I felt safe and comfortable. Breakfast was also literally 10 steps to the left when you walked out the doors, they give you a pastry and hot drink. The rooms were warm, the pillow, bed and blankets were nice as well. Very clean rooms. The only downside are the bathroom, which depends on the types of girls that are there. Some of the sinks were clogged with hair, but they also have shampoo, conditioner, lotions, and even a hair dryer for everyone to use. Location was great as well, easy to find from the train station about a 15 minute so walk.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo

Couples
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Terracina, Italy
Reviewed 14 November 2011

Overall the experience was OK

The good stuff is: good location! in the city centre! i slept fine, the street is not too loud!
i loved the good free wi-fi connection ! Good to have a ticket to go to a bar near there to have breakfast in the morning. the girls in the hostels were super friendly and polite!

but: there never was someone of the hostel, in 20 hours i haven't seen no one at the desk...not at the check in or at the check out, so i wasn't able to rent any towel for 1 euro (like it is written to be possible) and also the other guests were a bit lost like i was!...( i used one of my t-shirts as a towel) it's like to be in a big flat with lots of girls, you ask advices to the ones who arrived before you!
AND
if you check in after 5pm and you are pretty tired ...this is what you have to do:
you have to ring to an other hotel in front of the Papaya !
so ....cross the road, ring the bell of Papavero hotel, walk 2 floor of steps with your heavy luggage, do the check in, then go downstair again ,cross the road, take the elevator and finally find your room and bed in the Papaya hostel.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Candice G
Port of Spain, Trinidad
Reviewed 27 September 2011

I had the pleasure of staying at this hostel based on a recommendation that I received from a fellow traveller. She told me about this cute little find close to Termini station, I googled it and booked a room for the night and I was not disappointed. It is clean, safe and lovely. The ideal place for a female, whether travelling alone or with friends.

I did get a little lost while trying to find the place but that was because I lost my card with the directions on a train ride and so I had to make a long distance call to my home in Trinidad for my sister to google the hotel website and give me the directions which were simple to follow.

Check in is in another building but the Managers are a couple of really cool Italians, LOL I gave them Trinidad money as a souvenir and they were so excited. Breakfast is downstairs at a restaurant around the corner, it was quite tasty. There is free Wifi available simply ask for the code as it is locked. There are bunk beds. I slept on the top bunk, since I am not thin, I felt sure my roomate would have to pray the entire night that the bed did not fall in with me on it and crush her but the beds are quite comfortable and very sturdy.

All in all, it is excellent value for money, comfortable, relaxing, safe, secure, friendly atmosphere and really close to Termini.

My only regret was that I did not stay longer but hopefully on my next visit I will.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled solo
Belo Horizonte, MG
Reviewed 26 May 2011

Papaya is very well located and organized.
There, you can have help from Mounia, who is very friendly, to give you all the information you need.
This is a five star hostel with large rooms and a very comfortable bed, perfect for resting after the endless walks through the bella Rome.
Totally recommend!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
Dublin
Reviewed 26 March 2011

Spent three nights in Hostel Papaya, felt very safe bed was very comfortable and staff where extremely helpful and friendly, they give you a voucher to have breakfast in the nearby cafe, which staff where really friendly also, very good value for money, you get free internet access also, it was an all around great experience staying here and I would recommend to anybody. 5Stars

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo