Hotel Rex
US$237
US$183
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$210/night.

Hotel Italia(Rome)(Great Value!)
US$93
US$80
  • Breakfast included
All reviewstrain stationopera housepastrieswithin walking distancelounge areaconvenient locationroom was largeroom was clean and comfortablehop on hoproof terraceroma terminibreakfast includedlong weekendhamtrevi fountaincold meatsmin walk
Reviewed March 10, 2012

Stayed here for two nights. Extremely close to Roma termini/ Rome train station to get to port civitavecchia.
Great price, great little breakfast.
A good spot to take in sights. Walking distance to coliseum .

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank jonny34
Reviewed March 9, 2012

We booked for price and location [5 min fr train station] and were happy with the breakfast,the large clean room,friendly staff. Near many restaurants and could walk to many attractions. Staff is very helpful in pointing out where to eat and what to see.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 2, 2012

I just returned from a 4 night stay at the Hotel Rex in Rome and had a great experience! We got a very affordable rate by booking directly on the hotel's website. The font desk staff was very friendly and helpful during the check in process. They made sure we were familiar with the area and provided us directions to all major attractions. As others have said, the hotel is in a great location near the Termini train station and it's easy to walk to all major sights. The room was a little bit on the smaller side, but was perfectly functional since we really just needed a place to sleep! Our shower had a rain showerhead which was nice. The included breakfast each morning was delicious. They even made us each a cappuccino each morning! My birthday was on the 27th and the staff made an effort to wish me a happy birthday and gave me a card. I highly recommend the Hotel Rex for your trip to Roma!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank tantan220
Reviewed February 20, 2012

The rooms are not huge. That's it for the negatives. The staff is friendly and helpful. The breakfast is ample and tasty. The rooms are clean and have wifi and nice televisions. There's a workout room in the basement. And the location is perfect -- steps from all the metro stops! We felt very lucky to have wound up here.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jordan M
Reviewed February 20, 2012

A friend and I stayed here over the weekend. She arrived on Thursday night on her own and I joined for Friday and Saturday. I think there was a misunderstanding that we wanted a twin room but they gave her a Queen room for the first night and moved us to a massive room that had 2 beds, for the rest of the stay.
This room was massive! It had an old imac in it (these were dotted randomly all around the hotel actually, it was a bit bizarre but funny). Also had a tv with foxtel, a playstation where you could watch dvds that were available downstairs as well as games. They had lots of nice extras like a tea set with lots of different teas, biscuits by the bed, minibar and shampoo and conditioner/soap in the bathroom. And also free wifi in the room.

The bathroom was also huge! The only problem was the lack of shower curtain in there, water went everywhere!!! But the shower was great.

Breakfast was also included and was served downstairs under the hotel almost. I could only have it the first day as I didn't get time on the second. There seemed like a lot of pastries and cereals and a bit of salad stuff including an omelette. Plus juice and the lovely waiter makes coffees.
There is a small bar area next to the lobby that had a coffee machine and nice staff, and there is a room next to that with the dvds, games and also boardgames. Lots of stuff for kids.

All of the staff are lovely, friendly and very helpful.

I usually stay at another b&b everytime I come to Rome, but this trip was quite last minute so we stayed here and I was pleasantly surprised and impressed. And I thought the hotel was in a great location. I'd recommend this hotel and would stay here again.

Room Tip: Make sure you mention "twin room" if you're after two beds.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends