1,659 results
All reviews red level premium room red glove pool area urban resort rose petals beautiful hotel lovely pool close to the vatican private garden junior suite breakfast buffet nespresso machine five star hotel tiber river our honeymoon busy city
Reviewed January 24, 2016

I've stayed with my husband recently at the Gran Melia Hotel and I was very satisfied with all the offered services. The staff is very professional and helpful. The breakfast is excellent and of course the location is perfect to visit Rome. We had an enjoyable stay and hope to return one day because there are so many things worth seeing and too much for our first stay !

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Orlenda D
Maria A, Guest Relations Manager at Gran Melia Rome, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2016

Dear guest,
Thank you for having stayed at Gran Meliá Rome Villa Agrippina for your first journey in the Eternal City!
We are delighted to receive your positive feedback and to learn that you had a very pleasant stay at our Luxury Urban Resort, appreciating all our services and the professionalism of our staff.
It is always reason of great pride to know that the passion and attention we dedicate every day in our work reaches the expectations of our guests and we are sure that your kindest words will be a great tool of motivation for the entire team.
We are already looking forward to welcoming you back at our property, to continue the discovery of this beautiful and great city!

Reviewed January 10, 2016 via mobile

I have no words to describe how amazing my experience has been from the beginning to the end. The location is perfect, close to the Vatican. We got a beautiful premium room with a circle bathtub, very well decorated, and that bed is just unbelievable! Beside all this, the experience would not have been as great without the proffesional staff they have. They are really helpful, and all you see across the hotel is smiley faces. I would really like to congratulate Roberta from the Front Desk department, who really took care of us. The buffet breakfast is wonderful and the different areas of the hotel are spacious and calm. Thanks to the whole team very much, you are simply great and hope to see you again soon!

Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 650enriquep
Maria A, Guest Relations Manager at Gran Melia Rome, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2016

Dear Guest,

we wish to express our gratitude for taking the time to report your wonderful experience at our Luxury Urban Resort!

We are extremely pleased to realize how much you have enjoyed the Gran Meliá Rome Villa Agrippina experience, appreciating our location and the beautiful room you had.

Thank you so much also for the kind words addressed to the staff professionalism, especially as regard to Roberta; for sure your kindest words will motivate them!

We are already looking forward to welcoming you back soon and let you continue your unique experience in the historical heart of Timeless Rome…

Reviewed January 4, 2016

Excellent on all fronts: location, accomodations, family friendly atmosphere. Only blocks from the Vatican and while somewhat removed from the center of the city, it is a plus, and the central city is easily accessible by walking or taxi.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with The Leading Hotels of the World
1  Thank David Noel K
Maria A, Guest Relations Manager at Gran Melia Rome, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2016

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the chance to describe your stay in our Luxury Urban Resort.
We are glad to know that your overall experience was able to meet your expectations and we are pleased to realize how much you enjoyed our location and facilities, besides the great professionalism of our staff.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Gran Meliá Rome soon and let you continue your great experience in the historical heart of the Eternal City...
Arrivederci,

Reviewed January 4, 2016

Let me start by saying we are seasoned travellers and its not often we come upon somewhere we would return - but we have.

I booked this hotel for a New Years break with my husband and youngest son. I also booked the New Years Eve package before we arrived and contacted Raffaele to arrange the fact I am vegetarian, I also have food allergies. I have to say the level of service before we even arrived was amazing. We had lots of emails to make sure the menu for us was ok. On the night my husband decided not to have the normal menu but the vegetarian (as it was mostly fish and he didn't want that), not a problem, they arranged his meal on the night. 5* service.

We booked a driver from the hotel to pick us up at the airport, a little more expensive than just getting a taxi. However it was great to have someone meet you, know what belt the bags are on and get them for you. He was very knowledgeable and on the drive back gave us a lot of history and pointed out places and things of interest.

Upon arrival at the hotel we were greeted by the doormen who are lovely and taken into the hotel where our red glove service representative was waiting. We were taken into the bar for drinks while everything was explained. I must point out we were early for check in and thought we would have to leave our bags but they had our room ready so we were taken to our room. Luca, was great and was on hand throughout our stay for anything we needed. He was fantastic with our son, and spent time chatting to him when he wasn't busy. A very interesting person, and made our stay a very enjoyable and stress free stay.

I booked into the spa to have my hair, make-up and nails done on new years eve. What a treat to be so pampered. I was a little nervous as I wouldn't have time to redo it all if I hated it but I needed of worried as the girls listened to how I wanted both make-up and hair done. Excellent job ladies!

We actually ate at the hotel 3 of the 4 nights we were there as we had arranged tours on two of the days and were completely shattered. Again, they were very accommodating to my dietary needs. The staff are friendly, efficient and on top of your needs. In the evenings we had drinks in the library, and listened to the singers, nice to just relax listening to live music after a full day. The red glove service provided drinks and nibbles in the evenings for us. Monica our server was just lovely, thank you for being so good with our little one! He was very taken with you. Monica served us both in the bar and the restaurant and was always efficient and helpful.

We had our clothes pressed and for some reason it was added to the bill but upon checking out my husband mentioned it to the desk staff and they immediately took it off. No problem there, they are very quick to try to help, which in situations like that makes life easier.

We had a suite, which was very comfortable. The only thing I didn't like were the drapes, it was a bit difficult and getting into the bathroom sometimes my youngest slipped on them. But that is personal preference. Plenty of space and on New Years Eve instead of going onto the roof terrace we opened the window and look across Rome and the fireworks. Something which will stay with me for a long time. It was perfect.

All in all we loved this hotel, the staff were part of what made this stay so enjoyable. It was lovely to be greeted as an old friend, and upon leave I would say we made friends especially Luca. Thank you once again everyone who made our stay so enjoyable. I am looking forward to revisiting in the near future as we have so much more to see in and do in Rome.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
4  Thank Ursietucker

Dear Guest,
Let us express our sincerest gratitude for the nice words and great feelings you had and decided to share with us all.
Receiving such amazing feedbacks and knowing that all of our efforts have been highly appreciated is a reason of great pride for the entire staff, that daily works aiming to turn every guest’s stay into a unique and unforgettable experience.
We truly believe vocation for service is amongst all our main point of strength and, consequently, we can pride ourselves of availing only of knowledgeable and professional collaborators. Therefore, we take the chance to thank you for the compliments addressed to the whole Gran Meliá team, highlighting especially the high level of service received from Raffaele, Luca, Monica and the Spa.
As you experienced, our Food & Beverage team is deeply trained and always delighted to help every single client accommodating its dietary requirements in order to offer a memorable dining experience, thanks as well to the cooperation of the 2 Michelin Star Chef Alfonso Iaccarino, who personally curates the preparation of the dishes served.
As part of the RedLevel Service, one of the benefits related to this concept is having two items pressed every day free of charge and as per our policy we usually cancel the charge the night before the departure. As soon as your husband mentioned to the front desk what he thought it could have been a little inconvenience, the staff immediately provided to give him an explanation and took care of everything.
Finally, we are very happy to learn we have been able to make you feel as if you and your family were part of the Gran Meliá Rome family and we are already waiting you to let you continue your amazing experience in the Eternal City…
A presto,

Reviewed January 4, 2016

We recently stayed at the Gran Melia Roma as part of a Christmas holiday in Rome. The hotel staff was terrific, and helped to facilitate two connected rooms for our large family. The hotel grounds are beautiful, highly convenient to many sites within Rome, and the food service excellent. Breakfast is especially nice.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with The Leading Hotels of the World
1  Thank Jeffrey J
Maria A, Guest Relations Manager at Gran Melia Rome, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2016

Dear guest,
Thank you for having chosen the Gran Meliá Rome Villa Agrippina to spend your Christmas holidays in the beautiful Eternal City.
We are overwhelmed by the positive feelings you have shared with us and we are so happy to learn how much you have appreciated the rooms, the design of this great historical building and also the experience at our restaurants. Thank you also for describing as "terrific" the excellent service provided by our staff, which for sure will be very motivated by your kind words.
We are already looking forward to welcoming you back very soon at our Luxury Urban Resort, to live a new excellent and unforgettable experience...