Hotel De Monti
Hotel Raffaello(Rome)
  • Room Service
Hotel Colosseum(Rome)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsno liftflights of stairsthird floormonti areaeach morningbreakfast in bedtrain stationbreakfast is servedvia urbanawithin walking distancerecommend hoteltrevi fountainwalked everywhereminute walkyogurtbars and restaurantshotel is located
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 April 2012

From the website photos and reviews I found here, I was expecting a little more. Unfotunately this is not a quaint boutique hotel but a series of rooms on the third floor of an apartment building. Yes there are no signs so locating it is a bit of a challenge. The room was clean but a lot smaller than expected. In my opinion the room was overpriced for its size, location and amenities. Also beware if your on the road side of the hotel the traffic noise will be bad due to the cobbled stone road.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
9  Thank JulesandDunc
Alessandro Z, Direttore at Hotel De Monti, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2012

I first of all want to thank you for sharing this information with the world and am happy you have enjoyed our room and its cleanliness.

We have never defined ourselves a boutique hotel nor anyone has never written it: ours is a small hotel where service is handcrafted for each guest and it seems like most of the people fall in love with it.

All of our rooms are 17 squared meters, including the bathroom which are considered to be spacious for Rome's standard, as you can read on other guest's reviews.

Our favourite future guests are the ones who read feedbacks and not only watch pictures and ratings. Our favourite guests are those who walk around and discover the way Rome is through our suggestions.

If you plan to spend a night in Rome without even stepping out from your room you may not like our little hotel. And we may consider you boring.

Talking about you Mr Duncan, should like to spend some more days in Rome, please contact us and you will see that, with a longer stay (and a slight discount we provide to returning guests), you will consider differently our service, our small hotel and the city of Rome (it still deserves more than one night sleep!).

Reviewed 9 April 2012

Okay - it's 3rd floor & no elevator, but you need to have good legs for Rome anyway. This is a great hotel, shiny clean, modern. The people are friendly, helpful, funny & of course multilingual. Even the room we had on the street was quiet. Stay here before the prices go up!

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank awbenney
Reviewed 1 April 2012

Stayed for 2 nights, I booked mainly due to the price and location, and wasn't expecting too much, whilst I can't say was luxurious, the hotel was spotless clean, in a fantastic location and I cant rate the staff enough. I was initially concerned as our taxi couldn't find the hotel and it is difficult to find initially, but once found ( the man on reception came out onto the street after taxi driver called him), I was impressed, staff were very friendly, gave us invaluable advice on where to go to avoid queues, recommended excellent (and reasonable) restaurants to eat etc, and generally made our short stay very enjoyable.
It is a 5-10 min walk from Palatine Hill, Forum, Colleseum etc, 10-15 toTrevi Fountain, about 20-25 mins to Panthenon, and probably about 40-50 min (leisurely stroll) to Vatican, so if reasonably fit no need for taxi/public transport.

The room was simply furnished, and breakfast was brought to your room in a morning on a tray (toast croissants/yoghurt, coffee etc), there are no communal areas such as breakfast room or bar etc, so if these are the things you want from a hotel, then this is not for you, but if you want a clean, welcoming and friendly place (with comfortable beds) to rest your head after walking around the city, then I can't recommend Hotel de Monti enough.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 March 2012

We stayed here based on trip advisor reviews and were absolutely delighted.
The owner, Alessandro, was fantastic and we had a wonderful first evening in Rome! He had lots of tips and recs for Rome which we happily tried...will definitely go again on our return to Rome. Thanks for a wonderful visit!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 March 2012

I stayed at the Hotel De Monti for two nights as part of a mid-week sightseeing break. As a solo, female traveller with little Italian language (and my first time in Rome) I was immediately put at ease by the English speaking, friendly and welcoming staff and cleanliness of the Hotel.

Location
The De Monti is located a mere 5-7 minutes walk from the main Termini Station and 10 minutes to the Colosseum along main streets! Everything is within walking distance including the Vatican (30-40minutes). The local area is well lit and I felt safe walking along the streets late into evening.

Breakfast
It is a very well organised hotel - upon check-in you are given details of the WiFi and the order form for breakfast. Each day you fill in the form and 'post' it in the box provided, your selected items are then brought to your door at a time you have chosen (between 7.30 and 10). I strongly recommend the Latte Macchiato – the best I've had in Italy!

Accommodation & Cleanliness
Although my room (double) was not as spacious as the one in the photos, it had everything I needed and was a comfortable base for sightseeing. The en suite bathroom was bright and well laid out and the shower was powerful with constant temperature. The cleanliness of the hotel was second to none - everyday the whole Hotel looked brand new - sparkling clean!

Access
As stated in the Hotel details the De Monti is on the third floor and does not have a lift, however, if you intend to climb the Spanish Steps these stairs should not be a problem. During my stay the staff at reception were true gentlemen and always offered to carry my bags.

The one and only thing I would mention, and by no means a criticism, is the lack of signage to the front of the property. However, if you remember that the Hotel is number 95 Via Panisperna you'll be able to find the front door easily (the Hotel's name can be found on the buzzer system to confirm). The De Monti is only a 2 minute walk from the junction with via Cavour and as a guide is on the floor above another Hotel called B&B Roma which has signs you can use to direct you.

Overall
There is nothing I can say that I did not like about the Hotel De Monti and I will definitely be going back there again. I would rate the De Monti 10/10 - located in the heart of Rome - your heart will be stolen by the De Monti and it's wonderful staff!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
9  Thank WelshGirlTravels
Alessandro Z, Manager at Hotel De Monti, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2012

Thank you for sharing al these clear indications regarding our service. I really think it is going to be very useful to all of Trip Advisor members.

It will be such a big pleasure to host you again in the future months.