Prestigia.com
Destinia.com
Trip.com
StayForLong
2,691 results
All reviews rooftop pool privilege room great location metro station other attractions few minutes walk stayed here for nights booked this hotel pastries spanish steps colosseum euros buses europe
Selected filters
Reviewed October 15, 2020 via mobile

This is the first review I've ever done as its the first time I've flown in 15 years. Nothing was enough for us. The staff was so acomadating, they did everything to try help us out. Gave us extra pillows, I booked this hotel on a whim as my partner wanted to see the colosseum, so i asked if it was a possibility to maybe have a colosseum room view and we ended up with one of the best room views in the hotel. Everything was well sanitised and they were dealing with covid well, Everything was 1 way systems, condiments/tea and coffees etc were all wrapped up, we had breakfast there as well with our room and the eggs are out of this world hand! hand sanitiser were all over the hotel. We were able to keep our amazing room as our flight was delayed by 12 hours rather than checking out and leaving the bags. All the staff were so happy and welcoming. The breakfast good was so nice. The terrace gave stunning views as well. The hotel was in a brilliant location to most things. The metro and buses were a 2 minute walk. The colosseum you could see depending on what side of the hotel you were on. Most other things were in a good walking distance. Best holiday ever and its given me the confidence to know that I can now take my children away once the pandemic is over. Thank you all so much! Room 622 oct 11th - 14th 2020

Date of stay: October 2020
3  Thank emmacA325WC
Reviewed October 12, 2020

I booked this hotel for March 2020 to celebrate my partner's birthday. Unfortunately, due to travel restrictions I had to postpone my stay. I finally managed to reschedule it for October: the team, and in particular Iliana, have been so kind in reorganising my trip and accommodate my requests. I was also upgraded for free to a privilege room. The team decorated the room and offered us a complimentary bottle of prosecco to enjoy at the bar at the top floor, with an amazing view on the Coliseum/Rome.
The receptionist who checked us in gave us all information needed and also explained us about the restrictions the hotel had put in place due to covid-19.
The room was cleaned, spacious, and the bed was really comfortable.
Breakfast was nice, with a good choice. The blond lady (I can't recall her name) has taken care of us, remembering our preferences, serving us with a friendly and caring attitude.
Thank you all for the great stay! We will definitely come back :)

Date of stay: October 2020
3  Thank 993_Vincenzo
Reviewed August 26, 2020 via mobile

Spent 4 nights here late August sunny 30 every day, wonderful staff, especially the pool guy! Stunning views from pool, due to restrictions allowed a 2 hr slot a day to be fair to everyone. Breakfast restricted a bit but still really tasty. Buses 85 87 51 and tram 3 all stop right outside hotel, plenty of good value local restaurants. Taxi to Ciampino 30 euros

Date of stay: August 2020
3  Thank Tom3588
Reviewed March 10, 2020 via mobile

Fantastic stay. Contacted before arrival as anniversary weekend away with son and his girlfriend. Both given upgrade to colluseum view rooms. Fantastic view, especially at night. Unable to comment on roof top bar or swimming pool as wasnt open during our stay. We also can't comment on breakfast as didn't use hotel restaurant. We felt 16€ per person was too much than we wanted to pay. Check in was easy and staff were very helpful and polite. Room had tea/coffee making facilities. Safe and mini bar. Room was a little small but adequate for 3 nights and view more than made up for it. We spent most of our time in central Rome but we did try a couple of local bars and restaurants close to hotel which were a little cheaper than central and just as nice. We managed to walk to all venues from the hotel. Furthest away being the Vatican. It is about a 50 min walk but we easily managed it, stopping for drinks and food along the way. Rooms were cleaned daily. Check out was just as easy and pleasant as check in. The hotel staff kindly arranged for taxi to airport for us. All in all a lovely stay.

Date of stay: March 2020
3  Thank katecM5015WL
Reviewed March 3, 2020

Check-in
Early arrival so the room wasn't available. I left my luggage to explore the city and when I returned, the suitcase was already up in my room.
Stay
Basic single room, which met my needs. Breakfast had a good spread.
Check-out
Easy process. Staff assisted me by calling a taxi.
I had Euros 100 that I needed changed to smaller denomination. I had asked the receptionist and the Coffee House waiter who happened to be there had the audacity and rudeness to say, 'We are not a bank.' I made it clear to him that I know that it is not a bank and he tried to cover up by saying it was a joke. I never understand why people who don't like providing service work in the service industry.

Aside from that appalling attitude, the staff were generally professional. Maybe not personable nor engaging but alright.

Date of stay: February 2020
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
3  Thank sundae1970
Giuseppe F, Room Division Manager at Mercure Roma Centro Colosseo, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2020

Dear Traveler,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay in our hotel

I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies about the attitude of some elements of our staff during your stay.
I can assure you that does not represents our usual standards. I will certainly be sharing with them your comment and make sure such circumstances not to occur in the future.

We always strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us.

We hope to have a chance to welcome you again in Rome.

Giuseppe Fioretti