1,613 results
All reviews via veneto rooftop bar spanish steps trevi fountain the hard rock cafe american embassy within walking distance lovely hotel the hotel staff villa borghese hop on hop buffet breakfast superior room excellent location around the corner city break main sights
995 - 1,000 of 1,613 reviews
Reviewed June 22, 2011

The room is quite old. Feel not good to sleep. The shower is not comfortable. Hot, warm, cold water at the same bath time. The front desk service is very cold. No free WIFI even in the lobby. Breakfast is good but the place is in underground.

The hotel look like old hospital as my feeling.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Silawat_Tao_Bkk
Reviewed June 14, 2011

This hotel is in very good location, corner with Via Veneto. It has a roof top restaurant with views of Rome. The setting is very nice, but the food could be better.
The rooms a bit small, but quite comfortable. Concierge and staff very friendly.
Layout of breakfast room reminded me of a coffee morning......but it was quite good with a variety . The entrance and lobby are very nice and welcoming.
Being a 4 star ......perhaps one would expect more. I've been to 5 star in Rome and there IS a difference, but the location of Hotel Savoy compensates over all, as it is near every possible attraction and shopping.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Savoy_Manager, Direttore generale at Hotel Savoy, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2015

Dear Guest 5

Thank you for your review.

It is fantastic to read that you had a wonderful stay at the Hotel and found the staff to be courteous and helpful. It is always wonderful to hear such positive feedback, which serves as a great motivator to my team. It shows them that their passion and efforts to provide exceptional service are appreciated by those who receive it.

Warmest regards

Roberto Necci
Hotel Savoy Rome

Reviewed June 10, 2011

Went for a city break - hotel was perfect for this - walking distance for the Spanish Steps and the Trevi Fountain - tour bus picked up and dropped off down the road (although some of the other companies did seem to have a more regular service!). Breakfast was excellent and food in the Restaurant was good (if a bit expensive - but so was the rest of Rome!!). Room clean and very well appointed with good size bathroom etc.

Only reservation - if you are planning to use the restaurant check that there is not a private party on, which means the roof terrace is out of bounds (our main reason for having a meal at the hotel) as after a full day's site seeing we were too tired to look anywhere else so had to eat inside!!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank DunstableTraveller

Dear Guest 5

Thank you for your review.

Warmest regards

Roberto Necci
Hotel Savoy Rome

Reviewed June 7, 2011

Sounds like the reviews depend on the room you get at this hotel since they vary so much. I went not expecting much for the money but knew it was a good location and was pleasantly surprised at the service at the front desk and room acceptable. I booked the superior room/comes with breakfast. Brkfst ok coffee good, maybe it's Euopean way but the runny eggs and nearly raw bacon not appetizing, so stayed away from that. Room 520 had what they call a double bed, yes bed is firm, bathroom good with marble walls floors A/C in this room was good but could not adjust it, glad I like it cold. Hop on off bus great, close by .Roof top good view. Good Restaurant R out hotel 2blks down, go R to sidewalk cafe, great pasta, better than the very expensive Veneto cafe.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank jeremiah29111
Reviewed May 31, 2011

After 45 years serving retail customers I retired and my wife and I planned our dream vacation. The Savoy Hotel in Rome was our first stop. From the time we arrived; there was no one to help us get our bags from the street; the surly desk clerk told us we would have a queen bed......we had two twin beds with "sandpaper" quality sheets, no more than 200 thread count, shoved together and made up separated; the only way to get a cup of coffee was to buy the 15 euro breakfast, otherwise I had to walk to a bar a block away (I am not making this up!); called to see if they had an iron we could use and you would thought I had ask them to kill themselves....certainly not, but they had a service we could use (I could have bought a new set of clothes for the price); the room was postage stamp size; the towels were the thickness of a cup towel; but the main problem was the attitude of the staff........you would have thought I was interrupting some sort of global strategy conference when I asked a question at the front desk......beyond rude, total contempt on the part of the staff.....never seen anything like it in all my years and world travels. No way this is a 4 star, for that matter a 2 star.....NO WAY!!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple