1,601 results
All reviewsvia venetorooftop barspanish stepsthe hard rock cafetrevi fountainamerican embassywithin walking distancelovely hotelthe hotel staffvilla borghesehop on hopbuffet breakfastsuperior roomaround the cornerlocation is excellentcity breakmain sights
Reviewed December 15, 2011

Let me start by saying that Rome is on of the best places that I have been to so I was just happy to be there ! The hotel was really good the location is excellent and easy to reach where you want to go. The hotel was quite easy to find but a tip is when you arrive in the underground station dont come stright up its easier to walk along the walk one underground ypu will then pop up at the end of the road where the hotel is rather than struggle up the spainish steps !. The rooms were basic and a bit dated but nice and clean the roof top bar gave you a fantastic view of the city and is especialy nice in the evening. the staff were really helpful and even sorted out some maps to help us around which was lovely of them. The breakfast was good and there was enough to choose from to get your day started. All in all this is a really good city hotel in a really good location at a good price. I would choose this one again.

Room Tip: My tip would be get a room facing out to the street and high up the views are fab
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
15  Thank gemFC
Savoy_Manager, Direttore generale at Hotel Savoy, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2015

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review.

It is fantastic to read that you had a wonderful stay at the Hotel and found the staff to be courteous and helpful. It is always wonderful to hear such positive feedback, which serves as a great motivator to my team. It shows them that their passion and efforts to provide exceptional service are appreciated by those who receive it.

Warmest regards

Reviewed November 30, 2011

room good, breakfast really good, hotel clean, perfect location.

Room Tip: we had a triple room and it was good
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank Lisa W

Dear Guest, 5

We are delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us at Savoy Hotel Rome and thank you very much for the positive review of our hotel.

We are sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Thank you so much for staying with us and we hope to see you in near future.

Reviewed November 30, 2011

Dear all, plse don't fell for the photos available on the web, we went there (two kids) me and my wife and have very bad aftertaste - we were ripped off.
To begin with, I have booked a Savoy flavours package, that was to include VIP treatment, immediate upgrade of the room, welcome drinks and a dinner for two at the terrace, overlooking the center of Rome.
...well we have arrived from Venice by train, and first an quite aging gentleman at the reception, no smile, looked at us as were there to occupy Italy, immediately started telling me that I must pay for my son of four years, extra 70 euros for breakfast, and that family of 4 is not welcome in this hotel. Of course all this was on a ultra broken English, or perhaps, my Italian was good so I could have understand the Mr Morroni or whatever was his name. So that was the beginning, we have complained to the management and they have done nothing. Than the dinner come, we were the only guest at the restaurant and about a dozen of staff breathing at out necks and looking each bite we took...of course terrace was not open, but after our kids went outside and we went for some sweets and coffee, no one turn to put the gas heaters, no one even bothered to attend us. They do charged us 71 Euro for 2 cokes and bottles of still water and one chicken breast that out daughter eat - remember we have had pre-paid in the package dinner for two - well it was only our daughter that had something to eat.

Next morning - well terrible, restaurant is in the basement, approx two floors below street level and it look like army mess (if you know what I am talking about and not the modern British army mess at all). few dry croissants cold milk and bad look to the kids, that have normally I guess all kids are same took bit of this and a bit of that...bacon eggs etc...nice dream my friends, but that dream doesn't come true in Savoy, Rome.

Of course, we never received a welcome drinks, we even have to buy water from the market next door, no room service and no drinks in the bar. Interior of the hotel is too too old and have seen better days... On the end we just have to pay 600 Euros for two nights, had no breakfast on the last morning as mess was stinking and staff were very arrogant.
All in all extremely bad experience that I have a need first time in my life to share with others. Plse avoid this hotel from a mile even if offered for free. You will remember my words if you go there.

Wish you all nice vacations ahead and Merry Xmas and Happy and healthy New Year ahead.

Regards,

Room Tip: Stay a mile away from this hotel. Savoy in Rome is not a hotel is dungeon that you have to pay heavy.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
16  Thank Mirko R
Savoy_Manager, Direttore at Hotel Savoy, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2012

Dear Mr Mirko R,

unfortunately too much time has passed by since your stay and I really regret not to had the oppurtunity to read this review in time. In time for an answer and in time to avoid other clients to believe you.

You approached us by email booking a double room similar to the package that clients can book from the internet; I mean that you did not buy that package and this is why I cannot argue about the supposed "immediate upgrade" of the room you mentioned. We cannot guarantee any upgrade if not available and this is well descripted in the package - if only you had read it.
Not to say that if you booked a double room for two people (including one dinner - beverages excluded) and then you appeared to be four persons at check-in not only the upgrade was not guaranteed but also you didn't find any quadruple room to occupy in our hotel. Nobody shall ever find a quadruple room here.
I apologize for the uncordiality my staff welcomed your family, still now I wonder if the sensation you had about "occupying Italy" was due to your arrival in four instead of two for a booked double room. Your email correspondence never mentioned kids and/or extra beds, would you tell us why?

I will avoid to keep on disproving the report of your stay point by point, it'd be really belittling for both of us. You perfectly know that you didn't pay the amount you mentioned since the rate you paid was 200,00€ for a 2 nights stay. You perfectly know that the dinner your stay was inclusive of was for two and you were four and all the extras you paid for were absolutely priced on the menu.

I feel sorry you didn't appreciate our buffet breakfast; most of our clients do even if unfortunately this ancient building only offers us the opportunity to host the breakfast room in a half floor below street level salon. We try to compensate this inescapable fact with a good offer of salted and sweet food, cakes, fresh fruit, flavoured teas, espresso and american coffee and so on. We try to do our best and I regret all the times we are not successfull.

Sincerely

The Hotel Savoy Manager
Mr Mario Rastelli

Reviewed November 24, 2011

My wife and I stayed here from 16-23 Sept 2011. It was our first visit to Rome. Location very good and easy to get around Rome. It was our Silver Wedding on the 19 Sept and we were so looking forward to our stay. How disappointed we were in our room. Small and very dark. It faced the front of the hotel on the 1st floor but was on the corner with no view. We were led to believe that the room would be much larger. The room safe did not work. When I mentioned all this to the hotel reception, regarding the size, all I got was a shrug of the shoulders and told that was what was allocated and nothing could be done. I was told the room safe would be attended to that day. There were plenty people around asking questions, checking in etc,so maybe the gentleman was having a bad day.Needless to say when we left a week later the safe had not been repaired. Considering this is part of what we paid for it could be argued that the hotel did not fulfil its obligation. No mention was made of our anniversary, in spite of email&cards delivered to our room, which I would have expected as part of customer service. I would have thought a 4 star hotel would have been more friendly but then again maybe the idea was to be efficient rather than friendly but it wasn't even that. What a difference when we moved on to Florence to the Alba. Smiling, friendly staff, welcoming and so helpful. A bottle of wine and local sweets, with an anniversay congratulations note, in our room on arrival. We'll go back there but not to the Savoy in Rome. The hotel looked good from the outside and had an amazing reception. A great pity our stay did not live up to this.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank JAB39
Reviewed November 24, 2011

Savoy is a synonym for excessive glitz and glamour, however the Rome's Savoy is rather quiet and understated. The reception area could be less business-like and more opulent- Lobby needs to be flung open and look inviting with a touch of the Savoy opulence. The staff were very friendly and professional. Located in the smartest part of Rome, it has a stunning view of the city from the roof top cafe- very Italian. The rooms could be slightly bigger but the bathrooms were good. Excellent value for money and I have no complaints about the hotel and would certainly go back!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank ATOJACK

Dear Guest 5

Thank you for your review.

Warmest regards