Hotel Splendide Royal
  • Bar/Lounge
US$210
US$176
  • Breakfast included
Hotel des Artistes(Rome)(Great Value!)
US$143
US$278
Travelocity
  • Bar/Lounge
1,484 results
All reviewsmirabelle restaurantvia venetoborghese gardensspanish stepsbeautiful hoteljunior suitebreakfast roomharry's bartop floorsister hotelmarble bathroomfive star hotelhighly recommend this hotelst peterstrevi fountainquiet locationaround the corner
Reviewed 12 June 2008

I took my two college-aged daughters and high school senior to Rome with my 85-year old parents and younger brother for six nights beginning May 28. We reserved four double superior rooms. The rooms were excellently decorated and spacious. The bathrooms were fine...tiled floors and walls, nice bath and separate room for the shower and toilet/bidet. Everyone slept well. The breakfast on the 6th floor overlooks Rome and was the perfect gathering spot for our group. The buffet was the same all mornings...scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage on one table with a variety of cheeses; on another table were croissants, rolls and yougurts. There were four juices and several cereals to choose from. Bottled still and sparkling water and champagne were also plentiful. The service was attentive.

The best aspect of the hotel is the service. Fabiola and Ivan were teriffic as conceirges. They recommended a number of excellent restaurants, which we loved. After consulting them via e-mail before arrival, we landed on these for dinner: Colline Emililane; Pierluigi; Agata e Romeo; Da Pietro; Girarrosto Fiorentino; and Mirabelle on top of the hotel. All the staff treated us warmly (six nights x four rooms at 400 Euros =9600 Euros or about $16,000). The exception was the bar upstairs, when one night, my wife, one daughter and i appeared for a nightcap dressed casually...i had to complain to get service (see below)

The American Bar on the same floor as the restaurant, a Michelin-starred restaurant, has a nice terrace overlooking Rome with views of the Vatican, which is lovely at night. Drinks aren't cheap, however, so you may opt to have a late-night appertif near the Spanish Steps. But save a night for Mirabelle (and save your money to pay for it!). The food was excellent and worthy of the rating.

Message to Americans: This hotel is not cheap; with the dollar at a low, it will cost you a pretty penny to stay here. Its worth the money. My only nit is the one evening at the American Bar. I was not dressed with a sport coat and I give the place a black mark for not asking if we were guests as we appeared. I believe they judged us by the way we were dressed and didn't realize i was spending a lot of money with the hotel. But, the other nights we were there, we had no issues(we had sport coats).

The location is great. I must say, my parents needed taxis due to their age, but it is not as tough getting around as some reviews note. The restaurant next door salts their food to oblivion, so be careful there.

Bottom line....Service, solitude, high-quality acommodation, relaxing atmosphere and great place to relax means I'll return.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 11 June 2008

We arrived a few hours early to check in. Our room was not ready so the staff stored our luggage and upgraded our room. The room was fabulous. The staff was very helpful recommending restaurants. The roof top restaurant is wonderful. Fantastic view of Rome and excellent food/service.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 May 2008

We had a lovely time, the hotel was clean, good services and a useful , knowledgable concierge. We made all our plans far in advance for every day with the concierge.our best experiencewas with the concierge's recommendations for a a guide tour, we could not enjoyed ROME or its surroundings without that. The hotel had an excellent location, close to the Spanish steps and all shopings. We originaly heard about the hotel from friends who had dinner at its fabulous Terrace restaurant which we also enjoyed it , it was an unforgetable diner..

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 28 May 2008

Everything was wonderful. My only minor complaint was that the scrambled eggs were terrible.

• Stayed: April 2008
Reviewed 28 May 2008

I recently stayed at the Hotel Splendid Royal and was very impressed with staff, as well as the gorgeous accomodations. We were treated royally from the beginning to the end of our stay. The young lady who first greeted us as we checked in was always at the front desk whenever we needed any help (she always remembered my name & room number). We booked a room with 2 beds and were surprised at hou w large the room was - and the bathroom was very large and absolutely beautiful.
The location was perfect (not far from the Spanish Steps). I cannot find one thing to complain about - I would definintely go back!

Stayed: May 2008