Amalia Hotel
Hotel Villa San Pio(Rome)(Great Value!)
US$295
US$190
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
All reviewsottaviano metro stationgreat locationmortadellavatican museumpeter's squaretwo blockssan pietrofifth floorresidential buildingpastriessight seeingbreakfast each morninggelateriajunior suitethe hotel is cleanstayed nightssingle room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 December 2011

I stayed in this hotel first week of December. I booked with DHR hotels , it's the same price that could have paid if I booked straight from the hotel, the only option is that you can cancel if you book with DHR. For sure you will be given a better room if you book straight from hotel cause the room I was given was like a prison cell. As soon as you open the window you will find air-condition units and empty bottles from nearby restaurant. Thats the view you will see nothing else .The only good option is the location, just 5 minutes walk and you are in the Vatican square. The rest is not as you see or read on this hotel. Breakfast is just a normal poor one. Tea and coffee crosaints and powdered juice .

• Stayed: December 2011
StaffRome, Manager at Amalia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Dear Sir,
I am sorry for your review concerning the room.
I want to assure possible other customers that the room you mention has been dismissed and all room have pleasant internal or external view.
Hope you will reconsider to stay with us again.

Reviewed 10 October 2011

My husband and myself stayed in April for five days, we oranised a taxi with the hotel to collect us at the aerport and also for the return journey, it cost 42 euro each pay and well worth it.The hotel is in a great location just behind Vatican city we walked to all the various attractions.The hotel is very clean but basic, but then again you only sleep there, I would recommend this hotel and I would stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Valerie5510
StaffRome, Direttore at Amalia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Dear Valerie,
thank you for Hotel Amalia reccomendations throughout your appreciation of the staff professionally and courtesy along with rooms clean and large.
I am in charge of managing the hotel from a few weeks and I feel sorry that nobody answered your review in the past.
I really hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed 26 September 2011

Made a reservation for Double Classic for 2 nights. We arrived early and was pleased to be checked in early. The room was spacious, and clean. The window view from my room wasn't that great though.

Distance to Vatican is superb, 10 minutes away, and 5 minutes from Metro.

One thing I don't quite like is the staff service. You don't expect super service. To be fair, they do respond to your queries and help honestly when you approach them. It is just that they don't offer you help, make recommendation, or greet you when you leave or return.

I would also expect a 3 stars hotel to offer bottled drink in the bar fridge without charge. This is what I experienced in other Italy hotels. I was just told to refer to the charges in the hotel room when I enquired about if the bottled water is chargable.

The overall experience wasn't too bad I would say. It will a lot better if the staff can be more responsive and more friendly.

Room Tip: If you are travelling to Civitavecchia, like I did, may want to reconsider not taking the train from St Pietro Station. It took me about 25 minutes walk over uneven ground. Do the transfer instead. Unless you are travelling light, then it is worth taking a slow walk to St Pietro.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
StaffRome, Manager at Amalia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2014

Dear Client,
thank you for your review of Hotel Amalia Vaticano.
Thank you for putting in evidence the early check-in, the spacious rooms and the pleasant stay with us.
Looking forward to having you again with us I wish you the best for the future.

Reviewed 21 September 2011

very close to metro. walk to the vactican in 5 mins. even it's next to the train track, the windows were sealed great. If you are a healthy person, don't bother going for the breakfast. All they have were cakes and sweet pastries.

Reviewed 21 September 2011

We stayed here recently on our anniversary trip to Italy. This hotel is a fantastic location. Just a few minutes walk from the Vatican. Close to good restaurants and lots of shopping. We even walked to the Trevi Fountain and Spanish Steps from here.
The hotel is modest but seemed clean. The staff is friendly but not overly helpful. They'll answer questions but didn't seem to want to go out of their way.
Our room was small and very bare bones. The bed was not very comfortable but we were so exhausted it really didn't matter.
Breakfast was fine. Nothing special but definitely edible.
Overall we were satisfied with our stay. We knew we were staying at a budget hotel and were realistic with what we were going to get. I'm not sure I'd stay here again but I don't have regrets about staying here this time.