All reviews large supermarket tram stop termini station enjoy rome quiet area pleasant stay pastries stayed here for nights buses closet
Reviewed August 7, 2017 via mobile

Nothing was too much trouble here extremely helpful reception staff.
Breakfast plenty full and varied.
Will definitely use again and recommend
Underground safe and reasonable parking leaving you not to worry about your car and enjoy rome

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed July 24, 2017

Although this hotel was a little further from the center of Rome, I couldn't ask for a place with nicer staff. The service was excellent and everyone was very friendly and welcoming. The room was always clean and fresh when I returned from touring all day. They put out an amazing display of food for breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed July 13, 2017 via mobile

We were a family of four with two kids and were there for three nights, at arrival we noticed that the toilet seat was loose and playing, they told oss they will fix this tommorow morning, but when we came back from city the day after nothing was fixed , had to complain again and they fiksed this later, ice mashine were out of order the hole time. Breakfast was not what we expect from a 4 star hotell, based on what we expierenced i would say its a3 star hotel that needs repair snd cleaned opp. I will say one thing to the management: the only person that flys ariund and working as three person is Sandro, he is such a nice guy, tske care of him. He is the heart of the hotell :)

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Bahram A
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Rome-east, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2017

Hi Bahram A,

Thank you for your stay and for leaving a review about our hotel on TripAdvisor. Your feedback is extremely important as this will help us to achieve our mission to provide the perfect guest experience. It is good to know that Sandro was able to assist you during your stay with us. However, I would like to apologize for the disappointments you had with the room received and breakfast provided. Our hotel is committed to providing our guests with the highest quality services and facilities and I am sorry for letting you feel otherwise. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

While I understand that you did not have an overall great stay, I sincerely hope that we get another chance to give you a more pleasurable stay should you be in the area again.

Ingrid V.

Reviewed June 3, 2017 via mobile

The hotel is in the outskirts in an area with ladies waiting for customers on the street.

Pretty easy to reach from the autostrada and reasonable to reach by public transport.

Next door is a supermarket (very convenient). The hotel rooms were small and clean, but the bathroom had mold everywhere.

We booked a room for 4, but two beds were not ready. We had to wait for 50min to get the sheets.

Underground parking for €2,50 quite useful.

If you get a good deal eg on booking.com, this place is OK.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Rome-east, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2017

Dear teutonio,

Thank you for your candid review and for staying with us. We appreciate all feedback, both positive and constructive. I noticed you had an issue with the room not ready at check-in. I am very sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you. I have taken note of your comments regarding the bathroom. Please be assured that this have been forwarded to the appropriate department to ensure our valued guests' needs and expectations are met in the future. Nevertheless, I thank you for bringing your observations to our attention so we can continue to work on areas where we may have opportunity to improve.

Again, many thanks for the feedback and for staying with us. I hope that you will consider us again if your travels bring you back to our area. Have a wonderful day!

Connie D

Reviewed May 19, 2017

I would give them 0 stars if possible.

We spent 3 nights here and the air conditioning did not work for a single night. Most of the staff was unapologetic and rude except for one night audit personnel. Due to no air-con we had to keep window open at night. It resulted in our 18 month old not able to sleep properly for 3 nights and also aggravated my husband's sinus issues. Lack of rest in the nights prevented us from enjoying Rome at its fullest in the day time. Due to the heat opening window is not an option during day time and the room becomes hot like an oven. I wouldn't deem it safe for children at all.

The second night cigarette smell started coming from the air-conditioning duct. One of the staff members said that he can't smell anything. Another one said he can feel that the room is very warm but the smell is not that bad! Then both staff members said they don't smell anything at all. The firm alarm rang early in the morning waking up almost everyone in the hotel. And then at reception, one of the staff members confirmed, "someone has been smoking in one of the rooms"!

One morning, on the breakfast, the baby chair we were given was dirty. When complained to staff, she said, "its not dirty, its dry soap". Although its hard to believe, but even if true, dry soap is not safe for babies. Later another staff member came and apologised saying the chair was not clean and replaced it with a clean chair. The breakfast is just ok. No fresh fruits or plain yogurt.

The internet keeps disconnecting repeatedly. Even the tv reception is not continuous.

We never had an experience worse than this in any hotel. Shocked to see such problems and staff in an IHG hotel.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Rome-east, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2017

Dear 99rooni,

Thank you for your review and for staying at the hotel. I appreciate the kind remarks regarding the hospitality of our staff. Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost concern to us and our hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. It is truly regrettable to hear that you and your family experienced inconvenience due to the poor cleanliness of the baby chair and maintenance defects of the television, WIFI service and air conditioning unit. Moreover, I am sorry about the negative impact you had experienced with the quality of customer service the hotel offers and room aroma encountered. I understand how frustrating these matters can be and I am sorry our hotel staff was not able to address this issue appropriately. As such, I have sent you a private message regarding this unsatisfactory stay.

Your visit is valuable and I hope you will continue to choose IHG for your future travel needs.

Zel N.