“Great Location, Great Property”

Best Western Hotel Spring House
Ranked #155 of 1,290 Hotels in Rome
Anchorage
“Great Location, Great Property”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2012

I arrived at the Best Western Spring House after a daunting 28 hour trip from Alaska and was pleasantly surprised. Reception processed my check in very quickly and directed me to my single room on the 6th floor, which despite being quite small, was overall very comfortable and above my expectations. The room was extremely clean and well stocked with toiletries, towels, coffee and small fridge with beer, water and snacks (not expensive). The room had a small balcony which overlooked an apartment building and I could also see the dome of St. Peter's.

Dinner was a freshly made salad and pasta along with two glasses of wine and the cost was under 20 euros. Breakfast which is included in the prices had a huge selection of breads, fruits, cereals as well as bacon and sausage. The coffee was perfect.

The location is a mere 5 minute walk from the meeting point where most tours of the Vatican meet. It's a lively neighborhood with many shops, galatorias, and restaurants.

It appears this hotel does a substantial amount of the business with Americans; therefore, they area geared towards pleasing the typical American Guest. Every employee I dealt with spoke very good english and were pleasant to deal with.

Overall the Best Western Spring House is a perfect place to hang your hat while in Rome!

Room Tip: If travelling Single I suggest room 167
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank David M
ccspecialist, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Best Western Hotel Spring House, responded to this review, 16 May 2012
Dear Guest,

we are very glad to hear that your stay with us at the Bets western Spring House has been satisfactorily and knowing that we was part of this good result give us the energy to improve every day.

We are happy that you found the room comfortable and adequately equipped. If you had told us at once that you wanted a bigger room, the reception provided to give you another one.
Moreover, if you think that prices in the minibar are low you should know that there are different types of room that have a complimentary minibar and a balcony as you have apreciated in your room !
Also you can order the dinner or lunch directly in your room with a room service.

We want to thank you for being with us and we hope that you will come back soon.

Best regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Colombo, Sri Lanka
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2012

it was very pleasant stay in this hotel on 17 th and 18 th of April 2012,
i hope it was one of the best hotels i ever stayed in Europe , it was very close to the St Peters Basilica , Vatican Museum and Metro station ... also you can find many restaurents and mini super market as well.
during my stay i feel so comfortable , with good room services with warm and friendly front office staff :)
i strongly recomend this hotel , one of the best hotel you can find around Vatican .
i wish them all success and best of luck !!

Room Tip: lower floors better than higher floors.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
ccspecialist, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Best Western Hotel Spring House, responded to this review, 17 May 2012
Dear Guest,

let me start thanking you for sharing your positive experience with other people.

We are happy to know that your stay has been confortable and that you liked our location near to St. Peter Basilica and the Vatican Museus.

I heard that you find easly restaurant around our Hotel. Next time I invite you to have a dinner at our american bar choosing what you prefer! It is open until 11 p.m.!

We appreciate that you wish us good luck. We see our success when we can make our guest happy. In your case we can see our goal.

Thank you again for choosing!
We hope to welcome you again.

My Best regards,
Quezon City, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2012

One of the best hotels we stayed in during our European Adventure!
We were greeted by the very helpful Mr. Danielle and Mr. Andrea, they immediately gave us map of the area BUT, not only did he (Danielle) explain how to go to the sights he took the time to explain it in detail (with a free snack and cappuccino!)
We were upgraded to the honeymooon room with a complimentary fresh fruit basket.
The staff of the hotel were all very helpful special mention goes out to Ms. Paola, Mr. Danielle, Mr Andrea, waiter Danile and the barista (i forgot to get his name)

The room's airconditioning was good, toilet and bath were always clean thanks to Ms. Irlaya (hope i got the name right)

The entrance to the Vatican museum is about a 2-3 min walk only.
Do try the DAL TOSCANO restaurant (lamb chops)
and
OLD Bridge Gelato (can be found on the near the walk along the vatican wall)

thanks!
Eric

Room Tip: Our room was #160 (6th floor)
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Mr. Eric.

We want to thank you for choosing us again.
All the staff is happy to know that your stay with us has not disappointed you.

We are pleased that you liked the clean room and our welcome drink at the american bar with the receptionist.
We hope that our suggestions have been useful.

Our goal is turn a normal vacation into a little dream and knowing that we have been the best hotel you stayed duryng your European tour lets us understand that our goal has been reached.

We will glad to welcoming you again!

Limerick
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

Visited in March 2012. Location perfect for Vatican and access to open top bus tours etc. Absolutely great breakfast incl some amazing pastries / cakes etc. Great variety cereals, fruit, bacon, eggs etc. Reception staff & staff serving breakfast extremely helpful and nice. Rooms great - not huge but who wants to stay in the room during the day? Very clean. Bar available - the only negative - if you're a beer drinker its cans only but get over it. Barman friendly and helpful. No space in actual bar area so we just sat in lobby area and had very relaxing evenings after walking Rome. If big group, it's as cheap to get shuttle organised by hotel as ordering 2 or 3 taxis. Have already recommended to lots!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank tipproaming
ccspecialist, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Best Western Hotel Spring House, responded to this review, 26 May 2012
Dear guest,

All the staff want to thank you for thaking your time to write your comment and write a comment about your stay in our Hotel.

A good feedback like your makes us love our work more and more and increases our hospitaly that you have loved.

We are appy that you have enjoyed the breakfast variety with eggs, bacon, fruit, a great variety of cereals, patries and cakes... I remind you that next time, if you want, you can have the possiblity to order it directly in your room with the room service with the staff that you have appreciated.

I am also very happy to hear that you had the possibility to enjoy our Americ Bar to drink something. If you love beer we will improve our beer list and you will find whathever you like. Thank you for your suggestion!

I am sorry to hear that your room was small. If we had known it we immediately could show you a bigger room; we have a splendid junior suite with 2 level and a little garden too! You know that our staff is very helpful and friendly.

We hope to see you again in the next future!

Los Angeles
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2012

Stayed at this hotel last week, with my sister and nephew. Staff was very nice. Breakfast was served from 7-10:00am, sometimes it was served pass 10am which was great for us going from California and suffer getting up due to time change. LOL.
Hotel was nice and clean, got clean towels every day. Walking distance to Vatican City less than 1 block. Near metro station and many local restaurants. Next door to hotel theirs a small store where you can buy groceries, candies, cosmetics etc. that's a great plus.

Room Tip: great location, very close to metro station and less than a block from Vatican City. Took Metro to...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank MARIA2012LosAngeles
Dear Guest,

let me start by thank you for post a comment.

Guest's feedback are always important for us to improve our wotk.
I see that you loved our continental breakfast and its staff. It was a pleasure offer you the breakfast even if a little be over the time. We are always attentive to our guest's needs especially in case of time zone. We are happy that you did not suffered a lot it and we hope that you had the possibility to visit most of the eternal city!

It's nice that you had appreciated our cleaning service and change linen every day. We think that cleanliness is very important for a great vacation like the hotel position.
Being very near to all you needs like metro, Vatican City, shops, minimarket etc. and a friendly staff are important elements for a good stay.

We hope to welcome you again!

Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2012

We stayed here three nights while visiting Rome and loved our visit. I think most complaints on this site are not warranted. We had a quad room that was clean, spacious (for Rome!) and well appointed. We experience no problems while at this hotel.
The front desk staff was extremely helpful, even to the point of storing our luggage for a day and calling some local museums to check time and ticket information.
The location is excellent, within a stones throw of the Vatican Museum entrance. It's also very close to two metro stops that will get you to any location in Rome very quickly. There are plenty of local restaurants near as well.
Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Use the front desk staff for their great knowledge of local attractions.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
ccspecialist, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Best Western Hotel Spring House, responded to this review, 8 April 2012
Dear Guest,

thank you for taking your time to write a review about your stay with us!
We are very happy you appreciated our services, and hope that, when in Rome next time, we'll be your choice again.

Paola Pistolesi,
Customer care Specialist
Gadsden, Alabama
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2012

I booked my stay at Spring House on Feb 25, 2012 for the week of 3/23/12-3/29/12. I called to take advantage of the 21 day discount for early booking but they told me to go on line to book and they would work it out when I arrived. Now, mind you...I was quoted a price of $169 American not Euro. We arrived two days after my daughter & her husband. On arrival, I was surprised to see a fan in their room and it was HOT! It seems the hotel had not turned on the air yet and we were have 70 degree days. My room was on the 6th floor and it was hot also...the room was also "set up" with two twin beds pussed together when I had booked to full beds. I told them I had asked to two separate beds...I had no idea that it would be "twin" beds and I mean little twin beds. After my complaint about the heat and the bed...they came...they separated the two "twin" beds with new linens...and brought a rotating fan. I asked when the air would be on...and I was informed by two people at the desk...that it was a LAW that they could not turn on the air yet....I simply asked...show me the "law" and I will understand. I was promised a copy of the law...it never happened. All in all, the breakfast was good, staff ...there (dinning) kind and attentive. Maid was OK...but on return I was missing a new small shirt I purchased for my granddaughter...I searched every piece in my luggage and the bag of presents for the other family members...All the other presents were there and the wrapping which had been on the shirt was there but no shirt...I have contacted the hotel to ask them to "look" for the shirt. I made sure to check the closet and under the bed for missing articles...None found prior to leaving. I also took a coat hanger and used it to feel for anything in the top of the closet...So I am very disappointed in this hotel...Also,The hotel debited my American Express the day of the booking for the full price..and when I got my bill ...I was charged more for thr first three days(E153) and (E145) for the remaing four days because he said it was the last room and he could charge more. I explained that he had pulled the money for my room a month earlier!.. On top of that, I had to pay an additional 2 Euros per person per day. (E 4). So beware ....the room cost me well over $200 (American) instead of the quoted $169. Find another hotel.....

Room Tip: DON'T USE THIS HOTEL! Elevator will acco0modate two people and it is a push to get you and lugga...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family