Piazza di Spagna Suites
Condotti Hotel(Rome)
  • Room Service
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Manfredi Suite in Rome(Rome)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsspanish stepsperfect locationbreakfast is servedwifi signalsuperior roomrooms are modernsight seeingsubway stationon footcentre of romestayed for nightspiazzaluggagewallpaperapartmentbathtaxi
Reviewed August 21, 2017

Location: perfect! The subway station is just across the plaza. You can't access it with a vehicle or taxi, specially during busy hours since it's a street with thousand people on foot....maybe early in the morning. If you are traveling on a budget just ride the train. We didn't and kinda regret it.

Clean: yes! For me that's super important and I have nothing bad to say

Breakfast: is a room service breakfast. The day before you just check what we like. One day we forgot to do it and we thought we had to rush to get breakfast before our tour but they just showed up with the same food the day before! Life saver!

Service: great customer service. Front desk is only available during the day but we were just fine with it. They were also able to hold our luggage for a few hours before our departure.

Price: its affordable for the location

Some people have complains over the floor plan but we didnt mind. The tub/shower is up on a step. We got a room that has a door connecting with another room exactly the same, but only got charge for the room we reserved. It was very convenient being close by after a day of walking and you just want to rest.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank karminkarlota
Reviewed August 4, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I booked this hotel for ourselves and my in-laws along with another family we were traveling with. Pictures and descriptions of this hotel were all fantastic at the time. Boy we're we wrong.

The only thing the hotel has going for it is it's location. It's right by the Spanish steps, making it a central point for visits to Rome.

We were sight-seeing and planned to arrive to the hotel in the evening. I received an email stating the reception was only open until 7, so we had to call and make arrangements to meet with another staff member upon arrival. Once arrived, we received our two "suites".

First off, it's important to note that the rooms have no common area, there is only 1 key per room, the rooms/washrooms have serious water damage and the air conditioning absolutely sucks.

Secondly, the initial room we had was a "courtyard view" room. From one bed, we could see the other. The only thing separating us was a little step with two tubs to be used as showers, from which the water spews! The air conditioning didn't work so we had to use a fan.

On the second day, we luckily got in touch with reception and they upgraded us to a superior room. The air conditioning was much better but still not at it's best. Still no door but at least the beds were not looking at one another. The washroom was much larger but still very odd. My MIL actually fell and got pretty hurt because the step was so high.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Melanie S
Spagna S, Responsabile reception at Piazza di Spagna Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2017

Dear Melanie,
thank you for you feedback.
About your comment, we want to clarify that all our conditions (the opening time of reception; the rooms of the Suite that ar connected and communicating; etc) are clearly reported on all the booking's website and, moreover, we send to all our customers an email where we inform about them. For the extra-key, if you have asked we could give to you.

Best regards

Reviewed July 11, 2017

Awful ! We booked a suite with two bedrooms ,one room had no window and it smelled of mold ,the AC was not working properly and it was extremely hot! They put a fan but it didn't help ! It had stairs to go into a windowless and extremely dark bathroom and it had a bathtub instead of a shower which was very low and you needed to climmb into it . On the tub edges it was moldy.
We asked for a different room without stairs (which were moveable' therefore very unsteady) which my elderly mother couldn't climb ,but they said they didn't have any ,so we left the "hotel" and were charged !!!
Don't reccomend the place at all

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
6  Thank Dani S
Reviewed June 30, 2017

This hotel, as everyone says, is in a perfect location and the front desk was very helpful. We were traveling with our 13 year old granddaughter and stayed in a 2 bedroom suite. The problem was that both of the bathrooms where the tub and showers were are open to a hallway with no doors. To get to the second bedroom you have to pass each of the bathtubs. We had to put a suitcase in the hall between the two tubs to indicate that someone was bathing. My granddaughter refused to shower. There is also an opaque glass partial partition between the tub and bedroom which you can partically see through. I feel like most of the floorplans are different and i thoroughly checked tripadvisor prior to booking and again once we checked in and saw no mention of this lack of privacy issue. Maybe this is the only room like this. Wanted to bring it to attention of future guests. Air conditioning was inadequate. They provided one fan for 2 rooms. We used their taxi shuttle service to the airport. It cost 49 euro - one euro more than a taxi. We were driven in a beautiful black lexus. Highly recommend this service. I wish i could have given this hotel a higher rating but the privacy issue, poor air conditioning and very poor lighting outweigh the great location.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Christine O
Reviewed June 27, 2017

Overall I get the feeling that the owner of this establishment is not bothered to make improvements because of the location and hence they are able to get away with slippages and high prices. Will try to be objective, you decide for yourselves.

Good:
1. Location is right at the Spanish Steps. There is police security around the area which means it is generally safer than other places and you can walk back to your room late at night without problems. The crowd at the Steps is there up to 11+ and beyond.
2. Convenient location for cabs to/from airport. String of cabs are waiting just across the road.
3. Spagna Train Station is also just across the square.
4. Restaurants, gelato shops and shopping are in abundance. You can shop and drop off your bags, use your WC, cool off and head out again. We did that.
5. Breakfast is served to you in your room at your desired timing (7:30-9:30) where your choices are made to the reception the previous day. They were right on time to deliver at our stated time which did not delay us in stepping out the door for our day.
6. Bed is comfortable, the firm-to-hard posture-pedic type.

Bad:
1. Although breakfast is served to your room, they couldn't get it right. Items were missing from our choices, including the very basic butter - I had to eat my toast dry.
2. Wifi signal was poor. I was better off using my own plan which thankfully was sufficient.
3. Room size a tad small with barely sufficient walking space. Had to be inventive in where to place my luggage. There was no wardrobe and in place of that there was a weird open hanging rack with a huge square base which was placed just outside the toilet. I had to sidestep around it to avoid kicking into it. I was unsuccessful once and I paid for it.
4. This takes the cake for me. I do not over emphasise on worksmanship on the interiors of any rooms I am a guest of, but there were two nails that protruded from the walls that were ridiculously left as-is by whoever did work on the wallpaper. The larger one was over an inch long which I had to hammer down myself as it was at eye level, and the shorter one was at my 7 year old's chest level. I had to hang the bedroom slippers on it to remind him that there was a nail there and not to run into it. Ridiculous and careless, for a supposedly swanky hotel.

That said, location is great but I think there are probably other options.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank LambShanks