“free private garage-excellent reception staff”
Review of Mercure Roma West

Mercure Roma West
Ranked #376 of 1,271 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 13 April 2012

I stayed in this hotel for both business and leisure. i checked in late but yet i found two very nice and caring guys at the reception desk who promptly told me to park my car in the garage, like they knew it was a rented car i had :) The room was reasonably spacious and comfortable and i chose to not to have breakfast in the morning since i was leaving early. Free Wi-fi in the lobby, in the room it's chargeable but it's one more reason to spend some time in the beautiful hotel lobby. All the reception staff had an impressive command of english (rare in italy) and has given me many useful tips during my 4 nights stay. If you have a car, Rome city centre's only 15 minutes drive and it's pretty straight forward to get there.. i will surely be back .

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
Luca P, Front Office Manager at Mercure Roma West, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2012

Dear visitor, we are happy to have helped to making your stay in Rome pleasant and that our free garage parking available for our guests has been enjoyed to you, as well as the professionalism and courtesy of staff.
Thank you and greet you with a see you soon

An Accor traveller
Gorinchem, The Netherlands
Reviewed 31 March 2012

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank An Accor traveller
Reviewed 31 March 2012

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Luca P, Responsabile reception at Mercure Roma West, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2012

Reviewed 4 March 2012

Booked this hotel through Hotwire and chose the area close to Rome's Fiomicino's Airport. Please beware that this hotel is quite far from the airport AND quite far from Rome.

The easiest way to get to this hotel is to take a taxi from the airport. The hotel doesn't offer a shuttle bus, you can negotiate a fare from the Airport to the hotel. We were a group of 6, and negotiated 10 Euros a person for the ride from the airport to the hotel.

The area around the hotel is quite deserted, a block and a half away there's a small plaza where there's a conveinence store, pizza shop, slot machines and a small restaurant. A 25 minute walk and there's a supermarket. This supermarket is quite a long walk, but it is quite a big supermarket that has everything you need.

Checking in to the hotel was a quick process, not all the check-in agents know English, so just be patient and they'll be able to help you.

There's complimentary wifi in the lobby and public areas. There's wifi and hardwired Internet available in the rooms for a fee.

The fitness centre, and gym is open until 9pm. It was strange however we got to the fitness centre at around 8:30pm, and the attendent said that there's a 5 EURO charge to use the sauna. I'm not sure if this is correct or if he just wanted to discourage me to use the sauna because there was 30 minutes left until the fitness centre is closed. I should have mentioned this during my check-out, but I was in a rush to catch my flight and didn't have time to complain about the sauna.

The room that I was in was very modern, and they also included a free bottle of sparkling water in the fridge in my room.

Plenty of channels available on tv, and the washroom was clean, quite modern and acceptable.
If I had a choice, I wouldn't stay at this hotel due to its location, it is very far from the airport, and very far from the city. To get from central Rome to the hotel you have to take the subway, then transfer to a different line and take a bus.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank akide
Reviewed 12 December 2011

I stayed in this hotel from Tuesday noon to Friday noon for a work conference, with everything paid for, so I can't comment on price/value. The participants came from all over Europe, so this hotel was chosen because it's relatively close to the airport. It's however an ordeal to get into the historic city of Rome. First you have to get a bus to reach a metro station, then it's a switch to the subway. They are not really coordinated, so there could be a 15-20 minute wait between metro/bus, depending on time and day of the week. Taxi is available, but not cheap.

The food for us was fine, a buffet where one could choose from various hot and cold dishes plus a dessert. One of the nights we tried to get a drink in the bar on the lobby, but there was no one around to be found to serve us, so we skipped that idea.

My room actually was two rooms, first was a 'sitting room' with a minibar and a sofa - I never used it. The bedroom and bathroom were clean, but I had problems with the heavy smell of perfume that was absolutely overwhelming! My first reaction when I first entered the room was to open the windows wide, to have some fresh air in! I complained to the reception, and also left a note (in Italian) to the maid, and I don't think they put more perfume in, but the smell lingered... I pointed out to them that it could be dangerous for people with asthma or other respiratory problems, or allergies. I don't understand why they didn't think of that themselves!

In my room I had a free wifi internet connection, which I understand is not standard, but it was often very slow. To get a comfortable speed you had to choose a time of day when not so many people were using it.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank evor50
Luca P, Responsabile reception at Mercure Roma West, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2012

Dear Mr.Evor,
First of all we would like to thank you about your comments because they can help us to get a better service.
We apologize for all the problems you had in your stay. About the slow wifi internet connection, we are improving the service.
We hope to see you again in MERCURE EUR ROMA WEST.

Best regards

Luca Pedullà

Reviewed 11 November 2011

We arrived on Sunday Oct.2 and booked the shuttle service to downtown Rome for Monday morning. We were dropped off at the Colosium and I made a point to show the driver the schedule and pointed to the 7:30pm pick up time and repeteted the time in english. We arrived back at the pick up location(same as drop off) at 7:15pm and waited until 7:50pm. My wife and I were the only ones being picked up.We were down to our last 5 euros. We took a taxi back to the hotel. They would not pay the taxi. At first the girl at the front said we had cancelled the shuttle pick up. Then the night supervisor said we were not at the pick up location when the driver arrived at 7:30. The girl phoned the driver and he said he was there at 7:30 but we were not.They basically called us liers. WE HAD WORDS. After 15 minutes of arqueing they finally paid the taxi driver and charged my room. Also, the breakfast in the hotel is terrible. Rubber eggs and cold buffet.This was not our first time in Rome and we are familiar with the downtown area.Weare also seniors in our late 60's.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank gordon164
Reviewed 28 October 2011

Stayed for 3 nts. Did not use any of the facilities, so cannot comment. But the reception staff were fine with us. The room was of a good size and clean, with kettle and fridge. Room rate was reasonable- choose to stay here because we had a car to go into Roma to see the sights. If you don't have a car I would not stayhere, it is so far out of town. Free wi fi in room.
I know the Qatar crew stay here.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family