See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Very clean and beautiful rooms. Small but delicious breakfast. Very close to metropolitana (Ottaviano, metro station). 20' walking from piazza del Popolo.
The only "negative" is the thin walls, but was not a problem at all, because everybody was triyng to keep it down.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank alessandra_boo
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Despite our initial concerns from the plain facade of the building, we were quickly reassured by the modern and clean rooms and professional and helpful staff. Even better, the beds were really comfortable and the rooms quiet!

Overall we rate this accommodation as outstanding and would recommend it to others, younger and older, with the exception of families because of the smaller rooms.

Rome Vatican Suite is well located close to Vatican City and within walking distance of the city centre. We arrived by train from Florence and caught the Metro A train to Ottaviano San Pietro Station, followed by a short walk to the suites. Straight forward except for the difficulty of lugging suitcases due to the lack of escalators or lifts at the stations.

We were close to restaurants and a popular shopping strip.

The owners were exceptionally helpful and I would encourage others to stay here!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank mike j
Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

Can sing more praises for this hotel. Out of our three week Italy trip this, by far was our favorite.
The hotel is really small, having only 4 rooms. From the outside you would not think it was even a hotel- there is a buzzer to be let you in and located on the 2nd floor.
Both my husband and I were consistanty impressed with everything: everything worked, good selection of English tv channels, good AC, comfy bed, great breakfast, great location next to metro....
When we arrived I felt like I was getting a cold, when asking for tea and lemon, they gave me a tea pot for my room and while they did not have lemon, they got me some the next day and would leave one in my room everyday with replenished tea.
The only negative- some outside noise from other tenants in the building. Not terrible and only at normal hours. While this hotel does not have frills, expect genuine service and place to look forward going after a long day sightseeing in Rome.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone and we look forward to coming back here in the future!!!

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Kjost000
Reviewed July 1, 2012

The Rome Vatican suite was a good place to stay, as advertised. It has 4-5 rooms, so it is very small. The rooms were modest, but very adequate in all ways. The owner was very helpful, and spoke many languages. Breakfast was good, especially the coffee and cappuccino made by Adriano (the best we had in a hotel). Unlike the rest of Italy, the air conditioning actually cooled the room when it was 92 out doors. Great wi-fi.

The hotel was very near the Metro, which was great for getting to attractions. If you are not comfortable riding the Metro, the only thing close is the Vatican.

When we asked the owner where to find a certain grocery item he was serving, he got a bag for us!

They arranged transportation for our group of 4 from airport on our arrival and to train station on our departure. Both were timely, what we expected and money well spent.

Pros
Location near the Metro
Air conditioning
Great Coffee in the AM made by Andreas

Cons
Can't think of any

Would stay there again. Quite simply, this was the only place we stayed in Italy where everything worked as promised

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank eallergy
Reviewed May 27, 2012

My husband & I stayed here for a 1 week honeymoon last week. Clean & comfortable accommodations with the best firm bed I have ever slept on outside of home. Located on a small residential side street off a major road, Via Cola di Rienzo. Easy walking distance to the Vatican & St. Peters Basilica; also walkable to the ruins and Travastere (approximately 1 hour walk each for latter). The owners (brothers) are very helpful, kind, accommodating, and gave good advice about when to visit the sights to avoid crowds (to the extent possible)!

The b&b is a converted apartment with a small lobby, common kitchen area, storage, & 4 rooms. Only issue is there is no soundproofing/insulation so no matter how quietly (or not) others enter at 3am or whenever, you will surely hear them.

We stayed in room 1 which is a triple room facing the courtyard. Highly recommended as we heard no street noise any time of day (only heard occasional internal noise of others guests). The room and bathroom windows open easily & despite lack of screens, NO MOSQUITOES! Coming from a hot bug infested swamp land that is Florida I can't tell you how much I appreciated constant fresh air without bugs.

Highly recommended 9/10. In fact, I already recommended this b&b to my brother & his fiancée if they choose to vacation in Rome. We'd stay here again if we visit Rome again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple