Rome Vatican Suite
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$536
US$298
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
Boutique Hotel Campo de Fiori(Rome)
US$248
US$202
US$137
US$2,018
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 March 2014

The B&B is well located, in a calm and safe zone close to a metro station (Ottaviano "San Pietro") and also to the Vatican (10 min walk). The apartment is clean and well maintained and the staff is very friendly and helpful, which is not very common in Italy. The building is old, so the elevator is old-fashioned and small, but nothing that a few more trips with the luggage can't solve. For a B&B the breakfast is not bad, with fruits, yogurt, and a fresh made coffee. The room is equipped with a minifridge and a electric boiler which is a good option for bed-time tea fans like me. The beds are comfortable and the bathroom is very spacious and neat.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Cristina B
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Stay there for 3 nights in room 4. Breakfast may not be the best but really OK, fresh fruits and tea coffee service available. Air condition was good. We didn't hear much noise from upstairs or neighboring rooms. Sound isolation from street was also good. My bed was very close to the toilet which made some discomfort feel but if you stay there just to sleep not a problem at all. Bad smell was present at our first night which was solved the day after. For which our breakfast has been granted to us. I appreciated that behavior. Elegant! Minibar, safe, lcd screen with sky satellite, kettle were other stuff we liked. Elevator to the building is a very old Otis, too narrow but nostalgic. The building and the neighborhood is safe. Close to the Ottaviano metro station, Vatican, Castel San Angelo but still need to walk about 500 meters which may be a problem in a very hot August day. After all, metro is not the only way of transport. One way ticket is 1.50 eu, 3 eu for 2 adults. Taxi is about 7-8 euro to the piazza Navona (the heart of Rome). Castroni market located at ottaviano street is a nice place to get traditional Italian spices, olive oil, aceto balsamico and pasta (was with a bit touristic look though). Brothers running the b&b were very polite and helpful. PS: I wouldn't recommend you to go the restaurant al Baestrari which was advised by the staff. I'll write a comment about it in corresponding page.
In conclusion may stay there again.

Room Tip: room number 4 was pretty quiet
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 May 2013

Very clean and beautiful rooms. Small but delicious breakfast. Very close to metropolitana (Ottaviano, metro station). 20' walking from piazza del Popolo.
The only "negative" is the thin walls, but was not a problem at all, because everybody was triyng to keep it down.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank alessandra_boo
Reviewed 17 May 2013

Despite our initial concerns from the plain facade of the building, we were quickly reassured by the modern and clean rooms and professional and helpful staff. Even better, the beds were really comfortable and the rooms quiet!

Overall we rate this accommodation as outstanding and would recommend it to others, younger and older, with the exception of families because of the smaller rooms.

Rome Vatican Suite is well located close to Vatican City and within walking distance of the city centre. We arrived by train from Florence and caught the Metro A train to Ottaviano San Pietro Station, followed by a short walk to the suites. Straight forward except for the difficulty of lugging suitcases due to the lack of escalators or lifts at the stations.

We were close to restaurants and a popular shopping strip.

The owners were exceptionally helpful and I would encourage others to stay here!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank mike j
Reviewed 9 October 2012 via mobile

Can sing more praises for this hotel. Out of our three week Italy trip this, by far was our favorite.
The hotel is really small, having only 4 rooms. From the outside you would not think it was even a hotel- there is a buzzer to be let you in and located on the 2nd floor.
Both my husband and I were consistanty impressed with everything: everything worked, good selection of English tv channels, good AC, comfy bed, great breakfast, great location next to metro....
When we arrived I felt like I was getting a cold, when asking for tea and lemon, they gave me a tea pot for my room and while they did not have lemon, they got me some the next day and would leave one in my room everyday with replenished tea.
The only negative- some outside noise from other tenants in the building. Not terrible and only at normal hours. While this hotel does not have frills, expect genuine service and place to look forward going after a long day sightseeing in Rome.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone and we look forward to coming back here in the future!!!

• Stayed: October 2012