“Great Location - Friendly Staff - Very Nice Hotel”
Review of Trinita Dei Monti

Trinita Dei Monti
Ranked #1,105 of 1,257 Hotels in Rome
Colorado
“Great Location - Friendly Staff - Very Nice Hotel”
Reviewed 13 November 2011

This is a clean, safe and comfortable hotel in an absolutely great location. The staff was wonderfully gracious, helpful, professional and friendly. The rooms are quaint, well maintained and quite nice. I cannot understand all of the negative reviews I am seeing. Maybe they were expecting something super fancy? I don't know, but it was fine for me. I don't spend thousands of dollars on a trip to sit around in my hotel room. It was the perfect place to sleep for the night and then spend the day seeing all of the wonderful sites of Rome. Being so close to the Spanish Steps was also helpful for me as far as finding my way around and having a big landmark to find my way back to the hotel. There was a nice selection for breakfast as well. I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Street side is a little noisy, but fun for people watching out of the window.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank julijuls715

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Msida, Malta
Reviewed 27 October 2011

I do not agree with the very negative reviews below. This hotel was truly reasonable for the price we paid and the location was absolutely perfect (1 minute away from the Spanish Steps/Piazza di Spagna). Do not expect to eat there as it only offers a simple continental breakfast in the morning. It must be said that the bathroom was not perfect, definitely not very clean, but we always had fresh towels and never found it to be a health hazard. Staid in a triple room (double bed + single) with my brother and father and never found reason to complain - Via Sistina doesn't really get noisy at night. In summer, the air conditioning can be a little too loud. However, we were very fluent in Italian which might be a great asset for dealing with the staff, which were friendly and obliging. For those who are not picky about their hotel and who only require it for bedding and washing, this is just fine. Being Italian or fluent in Italian would also benefit you - otherwise try finding a more tourist oriented hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 September 2011

Don’t be seduced by this hotel's location (not far from the Spanish Steps). There are numerous hotels of a comparable price in the area that are sure to offer better value for money. We spent 4 dreadful nights in a dusty room that presented to the noisy street beyond. On our first night (Wednesday), the air conditioner dripped heavily onto the old timber floor boards below. We were greeted the following morning with a huge pooling of water across the room. We then requested the air conditioner be fixed, which reception agreed to. We returned in the afternoon to discover the drip had been resolved, but the air conditioner still wasn’t operating. This was unacceptable given the humidity both outside and in). I reported the problem to reception who advised that I could change rooms the following morning, or that the air con unit would again be fixed. The next day we were unable to change rooms due to a ‘full house’. So we had to endure 4 nights in the wretched hot box that was supposed to be a 3 star room. Not ideal when you require a bit of energy to see the many sites of Rome. On the Saturday, we noticed that the hot water wasn’t working. The cold water too was but a trickle. I again reported this to reception. I was initially advised that others in the hotel were probably using the hot water and that I’d have to wait. I did, but to no avail. We were essentially without water both Saturday and Sunday, as were others who at this stage were lining up to complain. Upon departure, I complained about the lack of water and air conditioning. I was met with an obnoxious response from the receptionist who told me she ‘just works there’ and that she is ‘not the manager’. I reminded her that I had to complain to somebody and unfortunately it could only be her. She also said that ‘these things happen’ and that if there were plumbing issues on Friday, there was nothing they could do until Monday. That’s right- this is a ‘hotel’ that expects its guests to go without hot water (and tolerate a dribble from the cold tap) for a weekend, because management is not prepared to pay an after-hours plumbing service to fix what is clearly an urgent problem. I told them that we would enjoy a better service from a youth hostel and that I simply do not understand how the hotel achieved a 3 star rating. The receptionist replied, ‘stars have nothing to do with water’. Well if that’s the case, I’m still at a loss where 2 of their stars came from. If a hotel is rated according to its decor and furnishings, I give this hovel absolutely no stars. Similarly, it deserves no stars for its service, its meagre breakfast, or for its security (we had to leave our bags in a common corridor upon arrival, accessible to all and guarded by nobody). In addition the section of door panel around our lock had been carved away allowing anybody to easily manipulate the lock beyond. I insisted that I wasn’t going to pay the full fee for our stay, which was enormous given the state of the place. The hotel did agree to a tokenistic discount, but the little euro saved hardly made up for the truly disappointing experience.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank georgegeneva

Travellers are raving about these Rome hotels

Split, Croatia
Reviewed 30 August 2011

I am writing in the name of my travel agency in order to warn everybody about this hotel.
On 02/06/11 we have booked 5 rooms for the period 06.06.11-11.06.11 and paid 3.000,00 € in advance by bank transfer. Uppon arrival the hotel my clients have established following problems in the rooms:
a) insuficcient towels and toilet paper
b) fungi in the bathroom – so many fungi that we where affraid for their health
c) photos on website are something different then what they have found in the hotel.
They have called me and have talked to the receptionist. The receptionist have given them towels and toilet paper but could not do anything with room bathrooms. Client decide to leave the hotel and book another hotel beacuse they where really affraid for their health and did not want to stay in that hotel for even 1 night.
I have written complaint asking hotel for their reply about this complaint. Tommorrow I called them and receptionist told me that they beleive that the hotel we refund all nights except first one. No one has replied to me at all .
I keep calling the hotel and always- the owner is not in the hotel, they did not decide..etc...
No one even dared to make courtesy to reply to my e-mails.
On 16/06 the only reply coming from the hotel is they offer me discount on another reservation and will not pay me anything back according to their rules on Internet.
I have make reservation trough email not trough Internet software they have - and no one have ever told me that offer is non- refundable or anything like that which I have e-mails for proof.
Other thing is that they did not answerd to my complaint – not even a word, not even to say we apologize or we are sorry..noo! They have just decided not to give us our money back.

I am sorry to say that my client did not take the photos about the condition in the hotel - but now I can see that there are many others with similir experience.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank AMAR_Grupa
Dayton
Reviewed 19 July 2011

Upon entering the hotel, it was apparent that the upkeep was not as shown in pictures. The rugs were thrown about in the hallway, giving a shabby appearance. After getting they key to the room, it was obvious that the room had not been properly cleaned from the previous stay. The bathtub was moldy, and there was used soap left for us to use. In addition, the shower head was loose and ready to fall, posing a safety threat. The sheets were torn in several places. The air conditioning was broken, but we still had to pay for it. One set of sheets had a crusty brown substance with hair stuck to it. There were also old toe nails on the floor. Furthermore, the wall paper was peeling off the wall, and the ceiling was stained black around the air conditioning. When these problems were presented to management, we were informed that there was nothing they could do about our situation and they could not adjust our payment. We said that it was not okay to allow tenants to sleep in dirty sheets, so the manager gave us sheets to change the beds ourself. Absolutely horrible experience. The pictures on the website are deceiving and the hotel is nothing short of disgusting and repulsive. Unbelievably horrid place for the price of 230 euro/ night when we stayed at a nicer place 6 blocks away for 140 euro a night that was a much better deal for what we got.

Room Tip: Do NOT get a room at this hotel
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank lkearns
San Francisco, CA
Reviewed 10 June 2011

This was my third trip to Rome, and my first and last stay at this dump. The only good thing I can say is that its location was good...right near the Spanish Steps. After that, it's all downhill. The wallpaper was pealing off the walls in the hallways and rooms. The hall rugs looked as if they had never been cleaned, and the hallways were filled with cigarette smoke which came from the stair landing where the employees were enjoying their cigarettes. The first room we were given was dismal and overlooked a huge light well. We asked for our room to be changed, and they gave us a room at the front of the hotel overlooking the street. The bathroom was small...you could sit on the "john" and brush your teeth at the same time. The shower was small and covered in mold. (I've traveled to third world countries that had less mold in their bathrooms.) I told the man at the desk the next day and they said they would take care of it. The next day our room smelled like bleach, however, the mold remained. I took a towel, rubbed some of the mold off the wall and brought it to the front desk. I told them they had to scrub the wall to get rid of it. How difficult was this to figure out? The next day the cleaning person made a feeble attempt at scrubbing, but no measurable improvement could be seen. My empirical impression is that management does not have a handle on how its hotel is being run, and there is no oversight by the present employees to ensure that the hotel is being run properly.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank glogig
Reviewed 6 May 2011

This is a 1/2 star hotel at best. Our room smelled of mold and was not livable. We had to goto another hotel but of course Trinita would give us no refund or cared that we left. Stay away....stay very far away. Location is good by not worth developing a disease caused by the mold. I would not recommend this hotel to my enemies.

• Stayed April 2011