1,103 results
All reviews junior suite fifth floor train station small hotels via nazionale rick steves pastries spanish steps trevi fountain around the corner small elevator car service stayed nights by european standards major sites side street each morning
Reviewed December 4, 2017

I've written about Residenza Cellini twice before. It never fails in living up to expectations. But this time, I wanted to point out the unique and extraordinary service of Margiry who did everything above and beyond to make my all-too-short stay a wonderful one.
After upgrading me to a Junior Suite and making sure that I would have gluten free items for the breakfast the next day, she also helped me with some train problems, the last of which had to do with actually calling me by phone, after already having left the hotel to depart for Florence, to tell me which platform my train was leaving from and thus make it so much easier for me to manage in the chaotic Rome train station.
Such attention to detail is outstanding and remarkable, and Margiry is constantly looking for ways to helps her visitors and make their stay memorable.
I hope to keep returning to the Residenza Cellini, have recommended it to Roman friends who came to see me there, and told them to have their own guests stay there.
A true little gem, largely because of such personal care. Thank you, Margiry.

Room tip: Try for the Junior Suite (room 5), but all are great.
Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
4  Thank Ahuva
Reviewed November 20, 2017

Once again, we were thrilled with the location and wild about the staff. They could not do more for your. The rooms are well maintained, and the continental breakfast adequate. We love the whole atmosphere, especially having our wine at night on the lovely terrace on the 5th floor.

Room tip: We like froom #3 on the 3rd floor.
Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank SteveK8
BarbaraRome_Italy, Proprietario at Residenza Cellini, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2017

Dear Mr and Mrs.Steve Kofman,

Thank you for choosing to stay again at Residenza Cellini as your home away from home.
We would like to thank you for your continued support and loyalty to Residenza Cellini.We are happy that you had a memorable experience , especially enjoyed your wine at night on the terrace,and services that keeps you wanting back for more. It is because of valued guests such as yourself that we always strive to give guests our best services and provide nothing but the highest standards in hospitality.

Barbara De Paolis and other staff of Residenza Cellini

Reviewed November 18, 2017 via mobile

Just returned from a mid-week weekend break and chose to stay here for both the convenient location, guest reviews and the price. None disappointed. The location meant we could walk everywhere and didn't use the Metro once. The Colosseum is probably a 10 min walk and Campo de Fiori around 25 mins. The rooms were traditionally decorated and very comfortable. The hotel was small which was a good thing. It felt exclusive and the staff recognised us and were always happy to assist us. We left for a flight at 6am and the hotel were so apologetic the buffet breakfast wouldn't be ready but offered to pack us something and make coffee before we left, this was great service. I have given this 5 star because of how good value the hotel was. I would stay again.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank youngtraveller61

Dear Youngtraveller61,

Thank you for your excellent review during your stay at Residenza Cellini.

We are glad that you had a wonderful stay with us, we truly appreciate your kind words and will definitely share your commendations with our team. This is an affirmation and encouragement for us to continue in giving our best service to you, our valued guest.

It is a pleasure to have you and I look forward to welcome you again at Residenza Cellini.

Barbara De Paolis and other staff of Residenza Cellini

Reviewed October 14, 2017

We stayed here for 7 nights in the junior suite. This is just a large room with a nice little Juliet balcony looking over the back porches and roof of apartments. The room had a large double bed and a separate single. The breakfast was the usual pastries, fruit, meats and yogurt. They make you coffee or cappuccino when you get there.
This hotel is on the third and fifth floor. There is an elevator. We were on the 5th floor and there is a nice covered patio with tables and chairs to use. It is very quiet considering you are in a busy area.
The staff was great, especially Mark on the evening shift. All the staff are originally from the Philippines and spoke good English as well as Italian. They helped us make reservations when needed and even walked us through online train reservations. We had trouble setting up our safe when we got there but after the desk staff couldn’t do it either they called the manager and he came on a Sunday to help us. It needed a battery which they did not have in the right size so he immediately went out and got one and fixed it. That’s service.
This hotel is located 10 easy minutes from the Termini train station and even closer to the Republic Metro stop. We were able to get around easily. We even walked to the Victor Emmanuel Monument in 20 minutes.There are ATMs and grocery stores close by. Lots of restaurants within walking distance.
The staff told us the owners were going to buy another floor soon so there will be more rooms. We would stay here again without a doubt.

Room tip: 5th floor rooms are quiet and have the outdoor patio to relax on.
Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Virginia S
BarbaraRome_Italy, Proprietario at Residenza Cellini, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2017

Dear Ms.Virginia,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review during your stay at Residenza Cellini.
I am glad that our central location, dining outlets, rooms, hospitable service and warm and pleasant staff suited you well. I have take note of your comments and I will definitely share your commendations with my team. This is an affirmation and encouragement for us to continue in giving our best service to you, our valued guest.

Barbara De Paolis, Margiry and other staff of Residenza Cellini

Reviewed September 29, 2017 via mobile

Stayed here 4 nights and got upgraded to junior suite. Lovely, clean room, very comfortable bed and shower/toilet. Ours had a mini jacuzzi but not all rooms do.

They offer small amount of tea and coffee facilities.

All staff we encountered are lovely and go out of the way for excellent service. Breakfast for 15 euros per room was quite worth it considering how much you could end up paying for other places (pastries, biscotti, cheese, cured meats, cereal, fruit, bread, jams). Includes coffee espresso made quite well.

Good location a few minutes walk from termini and one of the metro lines near piazza Della republicca and about 15-20mins walk to most other popular sites. Good restaurants close by.

Place is from third to fifth floor which meant great breeze from the windows and nice views. The old style elevator was a nice addition.

Only negative was the price - quite expensive for a B&B compared to other places we've stayed at.

Date of stay: September 2017