1,909 results
All reviews glass staircase door man rooftop restaurant via nazionale junior suite top floor restaurant staff shower curtain room key central location modern hotel breakfast is served busy street long weekend trevi fountain the main train station tourist attractions
Reviewed December 9, 2015

Just come back from a 3 night stay in Rome staying in the La Griffe Roma.Good check in experience,room was very small but comfortable and if I have one observation it would have been great to have been shown how to use the shower as this defeated us ! Breakfast was a treat and not because of its content but because of its location on the 9th floor which supplied a fabulous view over Rome .
Room was kept clean and fresh towels supplied daily.
The check in staff were delightful and very helpful,so I would recommend this hotel but next time I would go for a larger room !

Stayed: December 2015
Massimo M, General Manager at La Griffe Roma - MGallery By Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2015

Dear Guest

Thank you for having chosen stay at La Griffe Roma for Your vacation in the Eternal City and also for your kind comments.

I was very pleased to read that you were positively impressed about friendliness and helpfulness of our Team Member at the Front Office.

I hope you will come to visit us again in the near future.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed December 2, 2015 via mobile

Excellent service from all the friendly staff really helped make our stay memorable.
We were given an upgrade to a junior suite and it was very nice indeed.
Breakfast on the rooftop restaurant was good too but the dinner there was excellent.
Can't fault the hotel or the staff so if you're looking for a good centrally situated hotel in Rome, this is it.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple

Dear Mr. John

On behalf of the entire Team I truly wish to thank you for sharing this review on TripAdvisor.

We are very glad to know that you enjoyed your Stay with us at La Griffe Roma.

Personally, I am happy to learn that you appreciated the personalized service provided by our Team, particularly our Executive Chef and the Food & Beverage Team.

Looking forward to welcoming you back in the Eternal City,

“Grazie mille and…arrivederci”!

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed December 2, 2015

Good choice at Breakfast! I was disappointed in the room. it was an internal room with no natural light. My room view was of the internal fire escape and lift shaft mechanism. The rooms need a lick of paint, scuffed walls etc. The room and ensuite were tiny. If hotel management of a 5* hotel think it is perfectly acceptable to put paying guests into that room then they should stay there themselves. Absolute disgrace. Not a suitable room for paying guests, felt like a caged animal. Only someone extremely slender would find the ensuite roomy. The shower should have been fabulous as it is the full body shower, jets etc but the water fluctuated between burning hot then cold so that was not enjoyable. We arrived back after sight seeing late in the afternoon to find our room had not been cleaned or replenished. Maid rocked up at 4.30-5.00pm saying if we want a late clean to call housekeeping. I assume she thought this was an early clean! We kept having to source our own toilet roll, with the maid removing our spare roll on the one time she cleaned the room. Not all towels were replaced. We had to ask for more coffee etc. She left the dirty cups. The bed didn't get touched. The duvet didn't have an actual duvet cover over it. Hotel management would benefit from booking in to a real 5* hotel in the UK, Dubai or USA for example, to see what 5* really means. You wouldn't encounter these issues in a true luxury hotel.

Room Tip: Select a different hotel
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cheekymonkey2009

Dear Sir,

On behalf of the hotel please accept my sincere apologies for the negative feelings you had about staying at La Griffe Roma, particularly with the room accommodation in one of our internal rooms.

I am a little bit concerned about the title of our review because La Griffe Roma is often mentioned for the very good value for money. However it is your personal opinion and we take it into consideration respectfully.

However, our rooms have different size, style and décor, which may vary however they are all comply to legal requirements of the Italian legislation.

Anyway, I have brought your comments and the details of your stay to the attention of the relevant departments to ensure that our 5-star quality services and standards are constantly maintained.

Thank you for having dedicated your time to write your review, I hope that you will choose to return to La Griffe Roma in the near future and give us another opportunity to demonstrate that we can meet your expectations.

I truly hope there will be another opportunity for us to better serve you in the near future.

Reviewed November 30, 2015

The bedrooms at this hotel let it down, they are definitely not 5*. Comfortable, slightly dated and very small.
The reception staff on arrival were excellent as were all other members of staff. Excellent breakfast, great location just a 10 minute walk from Roma Termini.
Close to shops, restaurants, bars etc. A shame that the rooms let it down.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 29, 2015 via mobile

Spent one night at La Griffe in Rome while on a business trip.
All I can say is that I am very happy to not have paid with my own money for this hotel. This is as far from a luxury hotel one can come. The only nice thing about the hotel is the terrace where the breakfast was served.
Rooms are tiny and dark, there are no windows and not enough lamps to light up the room, barely enough to read. There was no hot water in the shower and it was so badly constructed that half of the water went out on the floor. As if that was not enough, there was old, dried toilet paper stuck on to the toilet seat.
I addition, the so called "fitness centre" must date back to the 80s and the treadmill does not work.
In the middle of my workout the fire alarm went off and I realised that there was no fire exit from the basement where the gym was situated, but I would have to take the elevator to get out. Luckily, the alarm was false..
Finally, I wonder if they still allow smoking in the hotel as my room literally stank of cigarette and I had a hard time falling asleep.
All I can say is horrible, horrible hotel. Never again!

Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business