“Great Value”

Ranked #60 of 1,258 Hotels in Rome
Torbay, Canada
“Great Value”
Reviewed 3 May 2012

We really enjoyed the location and newness of this hotel. We could walk to most attractions and it was afew minutes walk from the Roma Termini station. The rooms were spacious, clean and bathroom had great water pressure and hot water.

Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
L_Macinanti, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Dharma Hotel & Luxury Suites, responded to this review, 8 May 2012
Dear Eileen L,

very glad to know that you had a very special time here.
Cleaniness and kindness of our party is our top priority.
I'm very looking towards your next stay.

Best regards,

Customer Care

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Manchester
Reviewed 2 May 2012

I was visiting the Eternal City for a weekend last month with my husband, and following the very good reviews on tripadvisor, we decided to stay at the Dharma Hotel.
The location was amazing, the best way to start your holiday!
We stayed in the Suite 302, and really enjoyed a steam bath and a refreshing jacuzzi afterwards.

Really worth the price.. we're definitely going back! Thanks to Lorenzo who really made our holiday unforgettable.

5 stars hotel!

Room Tip: definitely go for the 302!
Dear VFarrelly.

i'm amazed by your friendly opinion. I am always very glad to know when our guests had a special time at our place and enjoyed our beautiful city... We put real passion into this job.
You hit the spot inquiring directly and having the best Suite available at a gorgeous price.
Next time you'll be here, I'll suggest you our new Suites (available by mid-summer 2012). Keep your eyes on!

Looking forward your next stay

Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed 2 May 2012

Location was great. Despite we had the deal couple of days prior our arrival, price was acceptable (most probably thanks to a last minute cancellation). Had Jacuzzi and Turkish bath within the room. Fireplace could be good in winter or you could enjoy the small balcony of the historical building in spring, like we did. Breakfast served at cafe in ground flour and much better compared to hotel breakfasts. Housekeeper and manager were nice people. For those who can not live without TV, there is no English channels availabe and street could be noisy during the night (but where is not in Rome City Center).
Morethan a hotel this place could be considered as a private in room in an old urban Rome building. Even the reception is not within the building but around the corner. However this never caused a problem during our 2 days stay. We enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
L_Macinanti, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Dharma Hotel & Luxury Suites, responded to this review, 3 May 2012
Dear SerdarSimgeCan,

I am very grateful for your kind words of encouragement and appreciation.
Nice to know that you had a good "last second" deal! Usually when you inquire directly the hotel, you always have outstanding offers.
I agree with you about the Boutique Hotels philosophy... I think it's the next step for smart and young travellers: excellent service, excellent location, friendly staff... everything at a perfect and not scary price :-)

I am really looking forward to your next stay!

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 1 February 2012

For my 2 nights stay in this hotel, i can only say that the excellent location of this hotel impressed me much but other then that, well, a bit disappointed.

we were arrived early in the morning n no early check-in was allowed which alright to us. The staff kept the bags for us and he was nice for showing us the places around. But such good impression vanished after we returned to the hotel for check-in at around 4pm. 3 staff were working at the reception and some hotel guests were waiting for their help but the 2 female staff there were talking very rude to the male staff in Italian. I've no idea on what there were talking about but obviously such situation wasn't look good to the guests.

Another thing disappointed me is the Wifi facility. We were told that Wifi available in hotel Selena breakfast room but it never works in our entire stay. Signel can be found but connection was unsucessful. we explained to the reception female staff n she told me that it's our phone problem. -_-" i'm using the Nokia window phone n she told me that iPhone did work so my friend immediately took her iPhone4 out n stated that it doesn't work as well. She's working in IT dept n understand that it's router setting problem bla bla bla but again, the staff said other hotel guests have no problem and we were the only 2 who raise such issues. In that case, we asked 4 other hotel guests on next day morning breakfast time but none of them were able to use the Wifi, actually we haven't see anyone using smart phone there...we were suggested to bring our own laptop for cable connection at last.

As a frequent leisure traveller, i could say that i'd better try another hotel for my next stay in Rome.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
5 Thank MeanVivi
L_Macinanti, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Dharma Hotel & Luxury Suites, responded to this review, 24 February 2012
Dear MeanVivi,

thanks for sharing your opinion about your stay! It took me a while to check everything reported in your review and to take some actions against our staff.
First of all, I must apologize for our staff's behaviour. For some strange reasons they were discussing a work issue in front of you, our guests, and that is not affordable for our netiquette.
I have personally warned our personnel about the issue and they feel very sorry about that. They want you to know it was anything against you and not meant to offend you. So please accept our apologies for such an over-reaction.

About the other issues, let me go step by step:

"When my turn for checking-in came, i tried to request for a twin room but a lady strictly told me that "No, your booking shown that it's a double bed room". Come on, i booked the room by email the hotel directly in the last minute before i got on the plane, i understand that it's my prblem but y couldn't she answer me in a much gentle way?"

You are right, you asked for a twin room at front desk and our staff's answer was "no, we are not able to do that":
Unfortunately that is an information we need to know in advance to locate you in one particular room set with twin beds, and that was not available at your last minute request! Sorry about that!

"we were so happy when stepping in the room as the decoration & design are great as well as the lighting effect impressed us so much. shower area is nice but the cleaningless of the room was so-so. The shower gel was found used n a golden hair was obvisouly saw sticking on it. some gel has been consumed so we really wonder the staff checked the bathroom amenities or not. we then put this bottle on the water tap n wish they could change it on the other day but finally, no. it was keeping until the time we check-out."

Thanks to your feedback we have now improved in double-checking our cleaniness, everyday. Sorry about that, there is no excuse for such a bad service! We would appreciate to know about that during your stay, to take actions immediately and make something for you.

"Another thing disappointed me is the Wifi facility. We were told that Wifi available in hotel Selena breakfast room but it never works in our entire stay. Signel can be found but connection was unsucessful. we explained to the reception female staff n she told me that it's our phone problem."

Sorry again! Our staff had the wrong answer one more time. Please accept our apologies again. Every room in Dharma has a free cable connection and we are working on a wi-fi there too. Unfortunately it took more time than expected due to the heavy walls of the old XIX centur's building where our Hotel lay.

I really hope you are going to give us one more chance in your next visit to Rome!

Thanks again for your feedback, it is always good to know our guest's opinions, especially when they are not fully accomplished by our service.

Customer Care Representative
SAINT PETERSBURG
Reviewed 8 December 2011

We had the pleasure of staying 4 nights in a suite at Dharma in November. Wonderful! Very large room, amazing bathroom, large tub, separate shower. Great location, only a few blocks from the train station. Secure access. Breakfast available through Hotel Selene (separate building). Highly recommend!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Focused77
simonepuorto, Direttore generale at Dharma Hotel & Luxury Suites, responded to this review, 28 December 2011
Dear Focused77,
thank you so much for your review and your beautiful photos!
I really hope to see you again next time you're in Rome.

PS: Tampa is a great city! And you are plenty of good music bands (I'm a big fan of John Tardy...)

Have a great day,