“Nice hotel”

Ranked #970 of 1,257 Hotels in Rome
Albi, France
“Nice hotel”
Reviewed 18 May 2011

Great location, quiet room with three single beds. Good breakfast and the staff was friendly. The bathroom was a bit old but it didn't matter really.
I will go again. Definitely fantastic for the location.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Vienna, Austria
Reviewed 22 November 2010

I could´t believe as I came back after my first day in rome, that my i-pod got stolen out of my room, out of my luggage!! In the time I left the hotel, the cleaning staff must have been in the room. Not because the room was so clean, but the beds where made. I was totally perplex when I came back and couldn´t find the i-pod. I thought I may have forgotten the thing back home. But when I came back, I knew I didn´t. I wrote to the hotel right after I came back home. I didn´t really think I would get it back, this present I got just one year before. But I thought, they may care a little about the situation and would give me the feeling they do. So, if you check in this hotel you will have to take everything you care for, to your trips through rome. And as we know: take care about thiefes in the streets of rome!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
4 Thank babsmobil

Travellers are raving about these Rome hotels

Lewisville, Texas
Reviewed 5 October 2010

I liked the location of this hotel - if you want to get away from the tourist traps. It's right off the Piazza Campo De Fiori and it seems to be more in the residences of Rome. But it is well within walking distance of the Pantheon, Piazza Navona, etc etc. The night noise was a little much but I think that's because our room was facing the street, it was a Friday night and the younger crowd was having fun at the bars and restaurants in Campo De Fiori. The breakfast was good and the staff were very helpful. We only stayed at this hotel for one night so I cannot give it the best of reviews but the stay we had was very pleasant.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ags9697
Amsterdam
Reviewed 19 August 2010

The location of the hotel is very good.
Almost everything can be done by foot.

The hotelroom was not very big. about 16 m².
In the room we had a rather small bed. a closeth, aircondinothing and a televion.
Besides that wass a seperath bathroom and toilet.
It wass not that big and luxurious but price technically worth.
We paid about 30 euros for a night for 2 persons including breakfast.
If you only use your room for sleeping and showering and dont expect much luxerous there is no better hotel than this.
They even provide a taxi service to the airport for 40 euro's!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DKVM_10
Copenhagen
Reviewed 12 August 2010

Very good location. I agree, it is in the heart of Rome. But... some of the staff need to learn a more professional attitude towards clients in the high season. I most highligt the evening/night receptionist, who was very helpfull, but the individuel in the daytime did not in anyway meet our expectations when we had change our plans and stay longer in this hotel than expected. Furthermore the breakfast was to dull and simple.
On the positive side, the hotel offers an effective shuttle service to airports with professionals and effective drivers.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank MarcCopenhagen
Wiesbaden, Germany
Reviewed 30 July 2010

Great location! From Pomezia almost every sightseeing hotspot can be reached by walking! It is located in the middle of the historical centre - but not too close, the neighbourhood is quiet !!! -super important - and consists of small streets you can easily get lost in but quickly fall in love with.

A few metres from the hotel there is a "forno", a bakery serving excellent pastries just in case somebody wants to wake up late and misses breakfast (the usual plain self service buffet: white bread, sweet pastries, spreads, cornflakes with milk, tea and coffee varieties, juices)
The street has a fountain you can refill your water bottle with fresh water. In the street there are many small studios where clothes or accessories are sold. In the direction of Campo di Fiori there are many tavola s where many locals get together, it really isn't a place many tourists get lost.

Had a bed in the third floor: the steps are ok for me but I'd request older guests and families to get rooms in the first floors. For the fitter ones: great view from the balcony on the streets and onto the roofs of Rome! WIndows do keep the noise outside!
Great bed, comfortable matress, always clean room - is cleant before 11 h - towels are not changed everyday but if you put the dirty towels on the bath room floor they will be exchanged.

I loved the access to the main streets and tourist-attractions. For example Via Vittorio Emanuelle II leads to the Vatican if you want to walk straight. There is also a Carrefour supermarket on the Via V Em. II !!! Or Piazza Navona is a 3 minutes walk away, Campo di Fiori is 2 minutes away. The Pantheon isn't far also!
There were many occasions I prefered walking than taking tourist buses because of the density of hotspots!

But there was a downside, the owner is quite moody and appeared to me as a tense, unfriendly person who couldn't handle guest's requests or complaints. But his brothers and his staff, who helped him out at the cute reception - where everybody gets free maps - were courteous and very very helpful in many ways! They let me use their computer and gave me a bus ticket without hesitating!

All in all a wonderful stay in a small but well organised and perfectly located hotel!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MonSune
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 28 May 2010

I was with 3 family members and we booked a quad, months in advance. Upon our arrival, we were escorted to a small room that had 4 single beds in it -- all pushed together so that you had to crawl over each bed to reach the next. Ridiculous. They "accomodated" us by splitting us to 2 double rooms, charging full price for each.

Beyond that, rooms and bath were dirty. Cracks in the walls with mold spilling out.

No elevator.

Only upside is excellent location. But not worth staying here, even for that.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank tkm13
HotelPomezia, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Hotel Pomezia, responded to this review, 20 February 2013
Dear Customer,

usually when you choose a two stars hotel is because you can't or you don't want to spend a lot.
When you booked a quad in a two star hotel you should be aware that you wouldn't stay in a big room.
We are skeptical about your other considerations because the majority of our customers never complain about that and unfortunately historical palaces in the center of Rome exceptionally have the elevators.

Best Regards,