“Great location, but won't stay there again”
Review of Hotel Pomezia

Hotel Pomezia
Ranked #979 of 1,259 Hotels in Rome
Kirkland, Washington
“Great location, but won't stay there again”
Reviewed 5 July 2011

My hotel reservation at another place got messed up so they put me up here. The location is great just 2 minutes from Campo di Firori. The guy at the reception desk was friendly. My room was $118.

I was given a room on the 3rd floor. The stairs are steep and there is no elevator and no air conditioning in the stairwell. My room was a nice size but that's the only good thing I can say about it except that the room was air conditioned. The bed was hard as a rock and I slept very poorly. I heard everything that happened in the hallway. The bathroom was very poorly lit and the little area to put my tolietries on was slanted and everything kept sliding off it.

The breakfast was very minimum compared to all the other places I've stayed in Italy. Very little options and most of it wasn't fresh. I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Albi, France
Reviewed 18 May 2011

Great location, quiet room with three single beds. Good breakfast and the staff was friendly. The bathroom was a bit old but it didn't matter really.
I will go again. Definitely fantastic for the location.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
Vienna, Austria
Reviewed 22 November 2010

I could´t believe as I came back after my first day in rome, that my i-pod got stolen out of my room, out of my luggage!! In the time I left the hotel, the cleaning staff must have been in the room. Not because the room was so clean, but the beds where made. I was totally perplex when I came back and couldn´t find the i-pod. I thought I may have forgotten the thing back home. But when I came back, I knew I didn´t. I wrote to the hotel right after I came back home. I didn´t really think I would get it back, this present I got just one year before. But I thought, they may care a little about the situation and would give me the feeling they do. So, if you check in this hotel you will have to take everything you care for, to your trips through rome. And as we know: take care about thiefes in the streets of rome!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
4 Thank babsmobil

Travellers are raving about these Rome hotels

Lewisville, Texas
Reviewed 5 October 2010

I liked the location of this hotel - if you want to get away from the tourist traps. It's right off the Piazza Campo De Fiori and it seems to be more in the residences of Rome. But it is well within walking distance of the Pantheon, Piazza Navona, etc etc. The night noise was a little much but I think that's because our room was facing the street, it was a Friday night and the younger crowd was having fun at the bars and restaurants in Campo De Fiori. The breakfast was good and the staff were very helpful. We only stayed at this hotel for one night so I cannot give it the best of reviews but the stay we had was very pleasant.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ags9697
Amsterdam
Reviewed 19 August 2010

The location of the hotel is very good.
Almost everything can be done by foot.

The hotelroom was not very big. about 16 m².
In the room we had a rather small bed. a closeth, aircondinothing and a televion.
Besides that wass a seperath bathroom and toilet.
It wass not that big and luxurious but price technically worth.
We paid about 30 euros for a night for 2 persons including breakfast.
If you only use your room for sleeping and showering and dont expect much luxerous there is no better hotel than this.
They even provide a taxi service to the airport for 40 euro's!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DKVM_10
Copenhagen
Reviewed 12 August 2010

Very good location. I agree, it is in the heart of Rome. But... some of the staff need to learn a more professional attitude towards clients in the high season. I most highligt the evening/night receptionist, who was very helpfull, but the individuel in the daytime did not in anyway meet our expectations when we had change our plans and stay longer in this hotel than expected. Furthermore the breakfast was to dull and simple.
On the positive side, the hotel offers an effective shuttle service to airports with professionals and effective drivers.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank MarcCopenhagen
Wiesbaden, Germany
Reviewed 30 July 2010

Great location! From Pomezia almost every sightseeing hotspot can be reached by walking! It is located in the middle of the historical centre - but not too close, the neighbourhood is quiet !!! -super important - and consists of small streets you can easily get lost in but quickly fall in love with.

A few metres from the hotel there is a "forno", a bakery serving excellent pastries just in case somebody wants to wake up late and misses breakfast (the usual plain self service buffet: white bread, sweet pastries, spreads, cornflakes with milk, tea and coffee varieties, juices)
The street has a fountain you can refill your water bottle with fresh water. In the street there are many small studios where clothes or accessories are sold. In the direction of Campo di Fiori there are many tavola s where many locals get together, it really isn't a place many tourists get lost.

Had a bed in the third floor: the steps are ok for me but I'd request older guests and families to get rooms in the first floors. For the fitter ones: great view from the balcony on the streets and onto the roofs of Rome! WIndows do keep the noise outside!
Great bed, comfortable matress, always clean room - is cleant before 11 h - towels are not changed everyday but if you put the dirty towels on the bath room floor they will be exchanged.

I loved the access to the main streets and tourist-attractions. For example Via Vittorio Emanuelle II leads to the Vatican if you want to walk straight. There is also a Carrefour supermarket on the Via V Em. II !!! Or Piazza Navona is a 3 minutes walk away, Campo di Fiori is 2 minutes away. The Pantheon isn't far also!
There were many occasions I prefered walking than taking tourist buses because of the density of hotspots!

But there was a downside, the owner is quite moody and appeared to me as a tense, unfriendly person who couldn't handle guest's requests or complaints. But his brothers and his staff, who helped him out at the cute reception - where everybody gets free maps - were courteous and very very helpful in many ways! They let me use their computer and gave me a bus ticket without hesitating!

All in all a wonderful stay in a small but well organised and perfectly located hotel!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple