“Thieves!”
Review of Hotel Pomezia

Hotel Pomezia
Ranked #994 of 1,271 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 5 November 2011

We stayed at Hotel Pomezia for 7 days in June. This was a once and a lifetime trip for me and all was great until our last day in Rome. Upon returning from a day of sightseeing I discovered that my brand new I Pad and my I phone were stolen from our room. It is customary to leave the key with the front desk so I knew it had to be an inside job. At first the front desk guy (family of the owner) was very angry and insistent that this was not the hotel's fault. He made up a ridiculous scenario of a stranger coming in, walking behind the desk, and getting the key for my room. Well, how would they know I had these items? Only the staff would know this. Basically the owner called and promised that the insurance would pay me. I had to sit in an Italian police station for over an hour to obtain a report. For what? It's now been 4 months and even after repeated communication on my part, I have heard nothing from their insurance. So I'm out the I Pad, I phone, and the Otter Box protectors for both. Replacement costs the same as my 7 night stay! Thanks alot to the thieves at Hotel Pomezia in Rome, Italy!

• Stayed: June 2011
3  Thank Ladiluck

Reviewed 16 September 2011

The location and price are great. Walking distance to all of Rome's biggest attractions. Right next to Campo di Fiori, which is a great square for dinner and drinks.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 September 2011

We couldn't have asked for a better place to stay in Rome (for the money)... Perfectly located, within walking distance to ALL the sites, affordable, clean, friendly...

My only 2 quams were that the rooms are tiny (which is a given in Rome anyway), and the check-out was rushed.... Check-out is at 11am, and they had called us a cab to take us to FCO at noon, yet would not let us stay in the room for that extra hour. Neither of these was a big deal in the grand scheme of things.

Overall, the good outweighed the bad, and I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank FrqntTrvllr
Reviewed 5 July 2011

My hotel reservation at another place got messed up so they put me up here. The location is great just 2 minutes from Campo di Firori. The guy at the reception desk was friendly. My room was $118.

I was given a room on the 3rd floor. The stairs are steep and there is no elevator and no air conditioning in the stairwell. My room was a nice size but that's the only good thing I can say about it except that the room was air conditioned. The bed was hard as a rock and I slept very poorly. I heard everything that happened in the hallway. The bathroom was very poorly lit and the little area to put my tolietries on was slanted and everything kept sliding off it.

The breakfast was very minimum compared to all the other places I've stayed in Italy. Very little options and most of it wasn't fresh. I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 May 2011

Great location, quiet room with three single beds. Good breakfast and the staff was friendly. The bathroom was a bit old but it didn't matter really.
I will go again. Definitely fantastic for the location.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 November 2010

I could´t believe as I came back after my first day in rome, that my i-pod got stolen out of my room, out of my luggage!! In the time I left the hotel, the cleaning staff must have been in the room. Not because the room was so clean, but the beds where made. I was totally perplex when I came back and couldn´t find the i-pod. I thought I may have forgotten the thing back home. But when I came back, I knew I didn´t. I wrote to the hotel right after I came back home. I didn´t really think I would get it back, this present I got just one year before. But I thought, they may care a little about the situation and would give me the feeling they do. So, if you check in this hotel you will have to take everything you care for, to your trips through rome. And as we know: take care about thiefes in the streets of rome!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
4  Thank babsmobil
Reviewed 5 October 2010

I liked the location of this hotel - if you want to get away from the tourist traps. It's right off the Piazza Campo De Fiori and it seems to be more in the residences of Rome. But it is well within walking distance of the Pantheon, Piazza Navona, etc etc. The night noise was a little much but I think that's because our room was facing the street, it was a Friday night and the younger crowd was having fun at the bars and restaurants in Campo De Fiori. The breakfast was good and the staff were very helpful. We only stayed at this hotel for one night so I cannot give it the best of reviews but the stay we had was very pleasant.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple