“low quality but great location” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Pomezia

Hotel Pomezia
Ranked #883 of 1,291 Hotels in Rome
London, England
“low quality but great location”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2012

The Pomezia is located very close to the Campo dei Fiori in a very old and interesting part of the city. However the hotel is very old fashioned with only very basic facilities. There is no lift. It can be noisy at night. A plus is free and very fast wifi

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Mark W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Stockholm, Sweden
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2012

I visited the Pomezia hotel in february and when I came to my hotel room at noon it was very cold, estimated 15 degrees. They couldnt fix the heat so on their own initiative they gave me another room.
When I was checking out after my visit the man in the reception wanted to charge me 40 euros extra than the room I first booked. When I tried to explain the situation the receptionist was very rude. I got anxious and didnt want to miss the plane home so I was forced to pay him.
I even tried to mail them afterwards, but of course they didnt answer. Definitely choose another hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
6 Thank Disappointed519
HotelPomezia, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Hotel Pomezia, responded to this review, 20 February 2013
Dear Customer,

We are sorry about what happened to you. Probably there was a misunderstanding and If you want to come to visit us once again remind us what happened so we will offer you a room for a night as our guest.

Best Regards,

Hotel Pomezia

Travellers are raving about these Rome hotels

Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2012

Good location, room was good size, shower was cramped and no very clean. The owner was not very welcoming however the other staff members were fine. There was not much on offer for breakfast. It was a first for us that everytime you left your room you had to leave your key at reception, Make sure you take anything of value with you and lock your luggage as you should anywhere. There is enough thieves on the streets of Rome to worry about without worrying about your belongings in your room. However would stay hear again for price and location as you are in the heart of Rome . Don't expect too much.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2011

We stayed at Hotel Pomezia for 7 days in June. This was a once and a lifetime trip for me and all was great until our last day in Rome. Upon returning from a day of sightseeing I discovered that my brand new I Pad and my I phone were stolen from our room. It is customary to leave the key with the front desk so I knew it had to be an inside job. At first the front desk guy (family of the owner) was very angry and insistent that this was not the hotel's fault. He made up a ridiculous scenario of a stranger coming in, walking behind the desk, and getting the key for my room. Well, how would they know I had these items? Only the staff would know this. Basically the owner called and promised that the insurance would pay me. I had to sit in an Italian police station for over an hour to obtain a report. For what? It's now been 4 months and even after repeated communication on my part, I have heard nothing from their insurance. So I'm out the I Pad, I phone, and the Otter Box protectors for both. Replacement costs the same as my 7 night stay! Thanks alot to the thieves at Hotel Pomezia in Rome, Italy!

• Stayed June 2011
3 Thank Ladiluck
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2011

The location and price are great. Walking distance to all of Rome's biggest attractions. Right next to Campo di Fiori, which is a great square for dinner and drinks.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2011

We couldn't have asked for a better place to stay in Rome (for the money)... Perfectly located, within walking distance to ALL the sites, affordable, clean, friendly...

My only 2 quams were that the rooms are tiny (which is a given in Rome anyway), and the check-out was rushed.... Check-out is at 11am, and they had called us a cab to take us to FCO at noon, yet would not let us stay in the room for that extra hour. Neither of these was a big deal in the grand scheme of things.

Overall, the good outweighed the bad, and I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank FrqntTrvllr
Kirkland, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2011

My hotel reservation at another place got messed up so they put me up here. The location is great just 2 minutes from Campo di Firori. The guy at the reception desk was friendly. My room was $118.

I was given a room on the 3rd floor. The stairs are steep and there is no elevator and no air conditioning in the stairwell. My room was a nice size but that's the only good thing I can say about it except that the room was air conditioned. The bed was hard as a rock and I slept very poorly. I heard everything that happened in the hallway. The bathroom was very poorly lit and the little area to put my tolietries on was slanted and everything kept sliding off it.

The breakfast was very minimum compared to all the other places I've stayed in Italy. Very little options and most of it wasn't fresh. I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo