“Hotel Giuliana great location”
Review of Hotel Giuliana

Hotel Giuliana
Ranked #164 of 1,269 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 13 May 2012

Very nice hotel in a great location in Rome. The major negative is the very low water pressure.
Location. We walked from Termini and to the major tourist sites. Colosseum is about ten minutes away, and Trevi Fountain and Spanish Steps about the same. A few sites are a bit farther, but the only taxi we used was to the Vatican Museum.
Hotel. Well maintained if a bit dated. Our room was large enough (Superior Double) and the bathroom was fine. The shower had almost no water pressure when we arrived, but they fixed something so the pressure was useable, though not actually good. Breakfast is basic hotel food in Europe.
Overall, a good value and we would certainly consider staying here again.

2  Thank al_parkcity
HotelGiuliana, Manager at Hotel Giuliana, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2012

Dear Guest ,

Thank you for your kind comment.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused with the water pressure .However, the problem has now been resolved and there is plenty of water for all our guests.

Thanking you for your kind custom and hoping to accommodate you again in the future .

Warm regards,
Jean Santacroce
Manager

Reviewed 9 May 2012

I would highly recommend Hotel Giuliana if you're looking for a centrally located, reasonably priced hotel with a clean and comfortable room to stay in.

Room: This is my second stay at the hotel (my last visit was in 2006 where I stayed in a triple room with friends). This time I visited with my husband where we stayed in a superior double room. The room and bathroom were spacious, comfortable and clean. I would compare the size of the room to a four star hotel I stayed in in Athens. Other reviews mention noise from the street and the flea market-I couldn’t hear any noises from the street in our room. From my first visit in 2006, I remember the triple room being clean and comfortable also.

Breakfast: was provided and consisted of coffee, juice, croissants, a selection of cereal, toast, dry toast, yoghurt and a selection of fruit. I found this helpful given that food is not cheap in Rome.

Location: ideal! It is within walking distance of many attractions and is within walking distance of Termini Station and the Metro. You can find a number of restaurants, cafes and pharmacies within minutes from the hotel. The pizzeria opposite the street called Napoli serves the best pizza I have ever eaten and there is a great snack bar just below the hotel which serves coffee, sandwiches, gelato etc.

Price: On the whole, Rome is expensive and based on my research the price of this hotel is competitive.

Staff: The staff were exceptionally helpful and very friendly. My husband injured his leg during our trip (his whole leg was in a cast) and the staff helped me get him out of the taxi, into the lift, into our room and get him to our bed. They provided us with endless bags of ice (for the injury) and helped me locate a store where I could buy crutches. When I originally made the booking by email responses were prompt and I was provided with very clear instructions on how to get from termini station to the hotel. I have visited a number of cities in Europe and I have found the service at this hotel to be just exceptional.

I wouldn’t stay anywhere else the next time I visit Rome!

4  Thank ssUK01
Reviewed 7 May 2012

We stayed in Rome on either end of our trip to Italy. Compared to our 1st accommodation, Hotel Giuliana just didn't measure up. Although the staff is pleasant, this can't make up for extremely low water pressure in a tiny bathroom, an average breakfast and the sense that perhaps this place has seen better days. We made our choice based on a Frommer's recommendation and found it inaccurate. If the accommodation matched the staff, it probably would be better. Some things are out of their control and detract from the property - a type of flea market sets up noisily in the street very early in the morning, and the larger building in which the hotel is housed smells bad in the entrance. As it is, it is overpriced and is the only one of our 7 accommodations that we wouldn't recommend.

Room Tip: If you do stay here, maybe there are rooms with bigger bathrooms that aren't near the flea marke...
3  Thank kmdavis
Reviewed 6 May 2012

I stayed at the Hotel Guiliana in March with my husband. Having never visited Rome before I wanted somewhere in easy reach of the main sites. Hotel Guiliana fulfilled this. You can reach the Colloseum by 20 minutes on foot. The hotel is located 15 minutes walk from the Termini station, by which you can get to anywhere within Rome.
The hotel is good value for money. Our room was clean and all the staff were warm and friendly throughout our stay. As food is expensive in Rome having breakfast included was also very helpful.
It can get a little noisy on a morning as it's located on a main road, but it's worth it to be in such a prime location. Take a pair of ear plugs, it worked for me!
I would highly recommend Hotel Guiliana if you're looking for a centrally located, reasonably priced hotel to explore the sites of Rome.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank HannahGallo
Reviewed 3 May 2012

Being a two star hotel we didn't expect it to be luxury. Overall it was an ok stay.

The good points:
Cheap
Breakfast included (cereal fruit toast croissants)
Friendly helpful staff
Within walking distance to a lot of sights
Free wifi

The bad points
Bathrooms have a god awful smell (old plumbing?)
Shower pressure non existant (again old plumbing I assume)
Old and a bit shabby
Tiny TV with 4 channels
Noticed a hair or two in the bathtub when we arrived

Rome is expensive. If you're on a budget this is a good place to stay. But next time i would fork out the extra money to stay somewhere a bit nicer.

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed 1 May 2012

I stayed at a single room at this hotel for 4 nights. The room is not fabulous or fantastic like 5-star hotel, but for the price I paid for, it was of a decent size, and is extremely clean. I like the friendly staff, and lovely freshly brewed Italian coffee in the morning. The hotel is very centrally located, just 15 - 20 minutes walk away from Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain and other sites. I also love the convenience of having great Italian cafes/restaurants in the vicinity, which were wonderful recommendations from the staff. In particular, the pizzeria opposite the street called Napoli is super awesome. I would highly recommend budget travellers to stay here to explore Rome.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank nemrac_coco
Reviewed 28 April 2012

I stayed at this hotel for two nights recently and found it to be a wonderful base for exploring Rome. The room was large, comfortable and very clean with a large bathroom and good facilities. We had a large breakfast each morning to start the day and found the staff extremely helpful to get the most out of our limited time in the city. This hotel represents great value for money and I would not look anywhere else on my next visit.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family