“Great location!”
Review of Hotel Bramante

Hotel Bramante
Ranked #571 of 1,272 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 12 January 2017

Within 1 block of St Peter's. Nice selection of small restaurants and shops at the end of the block. Property is clean and quiet. Breakfast (included) is exceptional! Nice outdoor patio if the weather cooperates. All the staff are professional and helpful. This is my second stay at Hotel Bramante and I can't imagine staying anywhere else.

Room Tip: There is no elevator so if that is a concern ask for a room on the first floor.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank WVHONEYBEE

Reviewed 13 December 2016 via mobile

I went here with my daughter. Mother and daughter bonding.A very convenient. Near to Vatican and other tourist attraction and very near to souvenir shops and those people searching for leathers bags, shoes and jackets.The owner is very friendly . The hotel is very clean and comfortable. The best of all the breakfast. I really enjoyed my stay here.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank smyle819
Reviewed 2 October 2016

Just stayed here for a few nights and was a great choice. Small, charming, clean hotel literally steps from the Vatican and close to other desirable parts of town. Helpful staff and nice breakfast included. Lots of good restaurants right around the hotel as well. The beds were a little hard, but besides that it was an excellent choice.

Room Tip: Just FYI there is no lift.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank andersonbu
Reviewed 17 August 2016 via mobile

We visited Rome after a walking holiday that
Took us to Rome. This hotel was found for us by the company that arranged our walking holiday . We could not have asked for better .
We could not believe how close we were to the Vatican City , it was only a couple of minutes walk. Our room was very comfortable , we had a super King size bed. And a beautiful terrace to sit out on late evening
The breakfast was lovely , the staff were so welcoming and helpful.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
4  Thank woodhill30
Reviewed 20 July 2016

Hotel Bramante is a fantastic little hotel within a 3 minute walk to the Vatican. Nice open beam ceiling rooms in the main hotel and a very traditional apartment across the way. The staff are very helpful with all questions regarding places to go and eat. The apartment feels like a home where you can really feel to be a part of such a wonderful city. I will definitely stay here again as it is convenient to everything a tourist is needing.

Stayed: April 2016
1  Thank Batrik910
Reviewed 1 June 2016

Rated 3 stars I think, but far exceeded my expectations.

Our room was very nice indeed, the hotel staff were friendly and attentive to all our needs.

I tried to speak Italian, tried, not overly well, however the lady serving us really accommodated my effort, tried to understand me, and made every effort to encourage me. Her English was also very good indeed, which was very helpful when I ran out of words! Sadly it was the only time I experienced such appreciation and support with my efforts to 'get by' with my use of the Italian language, while staying in Rome, which made this lady's efforts to help me in this case notable to say the least. Thanks again!

The breakfast was great. A nice buffet, offering fruit, pastry and cereal, in addition to hot food being available to order. Gluten free alternatives were also made available.

Our bed was comfortable, our bedroom spacious, and our bathroom was also clean and well equipped. From an aesthetic standpoint, the hotel was very nicely decorated, quite neutral in many ways, however full of character. The area itself is for the most part quiet, however there did seem to be a lot of rubbish being disposed of, and regularly in the surrounding streets, at varying times during the early hours of the morning, which may affect you if your room is at the front of the hotel, as ours was. I did however have ear plugs with me, so this presented little disturbance in my case.

In many ways I'm comparing this hotel to everywhere I've stayed, this small hotel being one of my favourites.

We are returning to Rome at the end of June, and have reserved a place at this hotel, as I wouldn't want to stay anywhere else.

(This is no doubt made clear on their website, but this hotel is very close indeed to St Peter's Basilica, and of course The Vatican. A short walk down the Borgo Pio to the Castel St Angelo, then over the bridge towards Piazza Navona, and a trail through areas of notable interest).

Room Tip: The Vatican and St Peter's Basillica very close.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DirkDiamond
Reviewed 29 December 2015 via mobile

The hotel is small and family-run, very nice family, friendly and helpful. The rooms are charming, the bathroom somewhat dated, but lots of warm water after a while. The narrow street just by "the secret escape route" for the Pope, leading from the Vatican to San'Angelo is next to the hotel. The cobbled street is narrow, but with quite a lot of traffic at night. I would stay here again.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled on business