All reviews dorm room the cafe downstairs train station organic cafe ceiling fan shared bathroom two blocks private bath close to termini home away from home common room a great place to stay roma termini around the corner convenient location stayed nights gelato
Reviewed October 27, 2018

The Beehive is where it's at! I actually made a reservation here based on some comments on TripAdvisor and I'm so glad I did. I found it affordable, comfortable, convenient and clean. Everyone I interacted with there was so friendly, and if you get a chance to strike up a conversation with Steve and Linda (the owners), you can learn a lot about their time in Rome! I stayed in a private room, which was located around the corner from the main entrance in The Sweets, and it was cozy and on par with other Euro hotel experiences I've had, if not better. Though I didn't really need to use it, my room did have AC, which would be a nice feature in the hot summer months!

This place is just two blocks from Termini which means catching a train or hopping on the Metro is super easy. I was hesitant because some travelers recommend avoiding this area, but I didn't experience any issues, even walking around after nightfall.

As is stated elsewhere, breakfast is not included but that allows for flexibility - you can head down to their cafe for a quick bite or head out to another local option. If you do decide to stick around for breakfast, it's quick and tasty.

If you're staying on a Thursday, they offer a pasta making class and I'd highly recommend participating. It was enjoyable to not only learn how to make pasta from scratch (easier than anticipated!) but then sit and eat with Linda, Steve, and the others in the class.

I'd also recommend downloading their app! They offered some awesome recommendations there, particularly for local gelato stops a short walk away.

Reviewed October 24, 2018

If all roads lead to Rome then all Roman roads and trains, buses trams and metros lead to Termini Station. I stayed in the Beehive, located blocks from Termini, on the good side of the tracks, from Oct 10 through the 14. I rented a single room in the hostel and found it perfect for my needs. The staff were kind, knowledgeable and friendly. They offered simple breakfasts that were mostly home made.
The Beehive is set up so that travelers interact in a relaxed atmosphere. I'd recommend The Beehive to anyone without pretense.

Reviewed October 23, 2018 via mobile

This was our second stay at the Beehive. The location, just 2 blocks from Termini station is perfect. Steve and Linda are extremely pleasant and helpful. We have stayed in the Sweets with a double bed and private bath. The rooms are basic, but super clean and comfortable. A home cooked breakfast is available at a small extra charge. Wine for 2 euro is available all day. Several good restaurants in the area. If we're ever back in Rome, we'll be back at the Beehive!!

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 17, 2018

My friend and I stayed in the two twin bed room in the Annex and we loved it. It was perfect. Comfy beds, clean room, safe building. Not to mention check in was easy and the gentleman at the desk was so friendly. We wish we could have stayed longer to enjoy the facilities and the restaurant. Highly recommend and will definitely stay again if we return to Rome.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ashley K
Reviewed October 11, 2018

The Beehive is a very beautiful Hostel, super clean and very welcoming. The staff is the best, the events at the Beehive (Cooking Class with Steve, Dinner together,...) are amazing. Only thing I can complain about is, that there's no "real" kitchen. Since the Beehive is not the cheapest accomodation in Rome (of course because it's a quiet amazing place) but being able to cook at that place would save a lot of money as a traveller. If a proper kitchen would be in the beehive for the guests use, the place would get a 10/10 rating from me, now it's only a 9/10 hehe